Welcome to High School!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 5, 2020 1:34 am
Reserved for first post.
Jul 21, 2020 2:35 am
It is a bright and sunny autumn day, the kind that teenagers everywhere love, and it is a shame to have to spend it in class. But this is the first day back to school in the new semester, a time when reputations are made or broken. The nice thing about Clairemont Academy is that the classes are fairly small, only a handful of students. This one is comprised of just ten students: Jules Lee, Morgan Sìthich, Trey Tyler, Kyla, Mark Brewbaker, Alea Arlissan, Donny Pasternack, Charlene Hart, Amelia Cero, and Zoe Robinson. For starters, the instructor asks each student to give their name and tell the others a little about themselves.
OOC:
I'll leave it to the PCs to describe their characters, but the NPCs are:
Alea Arlissan: This white-haired, blue-eyed girl of 17 moves with unearthly grace and the bearing of nobility. She has slightly pointed ears, with beautiful, angular features with a touch of the alien about them. "My name is Alea, but you'll probably come to know me better as Elflight. I'm a half-elven warrior-mage from a world called Avalon. And this is my...cat, Phoros." She indicates a small tabby feline sitting at her desk.

Mark Brewbaker: A boy, 15 years of age, with tawny hair and grey eyes stands before the class. He is quite handsome in a rakish way. "So, yeah. I'm Mark Brewbaker, but my hero name is Mecha. I can't demonstrate my power because it would pretty much level the Academy, but you'll know it when you do see it!"

Amelia Cero: Amelia is a 13-year old girl with dark hair and green eyes. She practically bounds to the front of the class. "I'm Amelia, better known as..." In an instant, she is transformed into a young woman in a skin-tight purple-and-black bodysuit, with feline ears, clawed hands and feet, and a tail. Her cat, an Egyptian Mau, takes his place on her shoulder.

Charlene Hart: This young woman, about 15, though it is hard to tell, is dressed in a high-tech spacesuit that completely covers her body, including a helmet. "Hi. I'm Charlene, her electronically filtered voice begins, "But most people just call me Toxin. I need this suit not to protect me, but to protect you." She sounds depressed and on the verge of tears.

Kyla: This blonde girl of 14 is dressed in animal skins and is led to the front of the class by the instructor with considerable urging. "Class, this is Kyla. Kyla comes to us from, well, an exotic place. She's only just beginning to learn English, though she is a fast study. I want you all to make it your duty to aid her in learning about our world."

Donny Pasternack: This 15-year old has brown hair and brown eyes and looks around the room with a look of fear, not making eye contact with anyone. "Hello. I'm Donny. I'm smart." He seems almost relieved to sit down.

Zoe Robinson: A vivacious red-headed girl of about 16 years takes her place at the head of the class. "My name is Zoe Robinson, and I can do this." She waves her hand and a duplicate of her appears beside her. "Or this." She waves both hands and the room is transformed into a sunlit forest. You can still feel your desks and the floor beneath your feet, but your eye and ears tell you that you are in the forest. Another wave and everything is back to normal. Zoe takes her seat.
Jul 21, 2020 6:21 am
Jules stands 5'6" with a confident posture. Its the first day of class but he smells more like prom or a whole night of drinking. He doesn't look like he drank the night before though. Fair skin, red eyes, dark wine colored short hair. He wears a simple white shirt, black jeans, and white running shoes but with him wearing they all look like high-priced designer apparel. Jules has the face and body build of a teenage celebrity. Yet, he doesn't smile and has a serious business expression in his face.

"Jules Lee. They also call me Bloodwine." He says.

He removes his shirt like a model in a perfume commercial and poses like a brand model.

I don't know why I'm doing this but my aunt told me I should demonstrate my powers on my first day. Gahhh

Chemicals were released in the air and it smells like signature perfume with the subtle sweet note of champagne.

Banquet a chemical that energizes and heals. That's what he calls it.

"I don't like parties." He says with a serious tone and confidence as if he had rehearsed his introduction.

Ahhhh! This is embarassing Auntie. Why do I have to do this?

He returns back to his seat and wears back his shirt as if nothing happened.
Jul 24, 2020 5:50 am
At the back of the room, someone clears their throat, and everyone realises there is actually an eleventh student in the class. She's a girl of about 14, with dark hair and very pale skin under a hooded sweatshirt. You're sure that she wasn't there at the start of the lesson, but nobody saw her come in.

"Hi," she says in a small voice, not getting up from her desk. "Sorry, I was late but I didn't want to bother anyone. I'm Rhiannon O'Connor."

After everyone stares at her for a few seconds while she looks increasingly uncomfortable, Rhiannon vanishes and stays silent until the next person speaks up.
Jul 24, 2020 9:34 pm
Outside the classroom stands "Lightwielder" like he likes to call himself he’s not sure about coming in or not, he feels a little stupid because he came to the school with his Let’s say hero garments put on, Which are basically a Dark red suit Covering his thorax and arms, neck and part of his face, while Displaying a radioactive logo in the middle of his chest ,also Hiding part of his face with a pair of yellow goggles, not to mention that he likes to wear black baggy cargo pants , "Anyway he thinks I’m already here " so he comes inside the classroom’ that’s when he decides to take his mask off and then everyone can appreciate that his blonde hair was actually a wig and down below those yellow goggles there is let’s say an euro Asian face , It seems his real hair color is dark but his head is shaven, " Hi to all" he says I want to try to explain in the simplest way possible what I am and what I can do , the first thing is what I can do , and he pulls up two hilts that project yellow lightsaber-like energy blades ,But he clarifies that most of the times they are not strong enough to slice someone or something, Who I am : well let’s say I M a exchange student from An alternate universe and my age can be described as 16 years old.
Last edited July 25, 2020 1:08 am
Jul 25, 2020 1:35 am
A young man, age 15, clears his throat. He has been sitting at his desk drawing cartoons in his notebook. You immediately notice his shock of purple hair and sparkling purple eyes. He is wearing baggy cargo pants and a brand-new Clairemont Academy varsity jacket.

"Uh, hi, guys!" he says, tapping his foot nervously. "I'm Trey Tyler. Nice to meet you!"

He accidentally knocks the pencil off his desk, and suddenly a strand of purplish substance fires from his finger and catches it in mid-air, flinging it back into his hand.

https://i.imgur.com/089gvkU.png
Jul 30, 2020 7:57 pm
As everyone finishes their turn at telling their story, the instructor calls for everyone to settle down and says, "Alright. Now we all know who each other are, let's have a look at what we'll be studying this semester..."

The remainder of the day passes without incident and the story is pretty much the same in each class; introductions and talking about what to expect. By the time school is released for the day, you are tired, sore from sitting all day, and ready to enjoy the evening. There isn't much happening on campus tonight, but there is a Freshman mixer on Friday (today is Wednesday), so it would not be out of sorts to consider getting dates (if desired). It seems as though it will be a quiet night, but looks can be deceiving...

Somewhere, an alarm is ringing.
Jul 31, 2020 3:29 am
Everything is so... colorful

Each member of the class seemed to have such a unique personality. Carefree, optimistic, and bright. Even the sad ones seemed to hold on to just a little bit of that hope. Nemain, Morgan she corrected, couldn't help but feel out of place. Like she was somehow, different, from everyone else.

Of course I'm different she chastised I'm a teenage god of war and there all regular people. Besides, I'm guessing none of them spent most of their life as a supervillain.

Still, as the roll call slowly came to her, the 16 year old struggled with the overidding question of how to intorduce herself. Was she Nemaín, goddess of war/ By nature that was true, but it also carried 16 years of sin in her old world. Was she Morgan Síthich? The name she was given as a psedonym here. Was that name a lie and little more than polish, or was it a fresh start? Or maybe...

No she thought not that name, you're not her...

She was so lost in her own thoughts that she almost missed her turn. Burying any uncertainties beneath a vaneer of cocky self assuredness, Nemaín all but sauntered up to the front of the room. If there was one thing she knew to be true, it was important to be top dog as soon as possible in any group, or you just wind up a tool to be used.

She took in the room with a grin and a mischievous sparkle in her amber eyes. Out of everyone she wore the most casual outfit. All black and leathers, with a look of being purposefully tattered. Her red hair fell loose about her shoulders.

"I guess I've got the two names like most of you. Cept mine are... well... I'm Nemaín, goddess of war. I'm also Morgan Síthich. Which is my normal name, but also technically the made up one. Well, anyways, I'm a demigod. As far as fighting is concerned, have fun aiming for second place"

Having said her piece Morgan made her way back to her desk.
Last edited July 31, 2020 3:30 am
Jul 31, 2020 7:06 am
Day 1 of School, done. First motive why he considered enrolling in this academy is so that people wouldn't bother his aunt of accusations of underage drinking of alcohol. All day Jules did his best to get to know his peers. School life's boring without friends, is what his aunt would always remind him.

"W-Wanna hangout? Get burgers and soda maybe?" He'd ask everyone. Jules believes that no matter where anyone is from, everyone likes burgers. Unless they're vegans?
OOC:
Rolling PERSUASION for trying to make friends in the class for the whole day.
+5 if they find Jules's looks appealing, +5 if they're teens

Edit: Ok that's a one haha. I'm gonna use a luck point to re-roll, if it's ok. Luck 2/3
Last edited July 31, 2020 7:09 am

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

Persuasion Re-roll - (1d20+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Aug 1, 2020 4:37 am
An alarm rang and to Jules it sounded like some trouble nearby.

"What a killjoy?" Jules sighs. Are they required to check out what's going on? Jules walks out to check where the alarm's coming from hoping it's not a building on fire or a super villain on the loose. He hopes that the others would go to.
Aug 2, 2020 12:18 am
Trey Tyler is sitting on a bench on campus, enjoying a large grape Big Gulp, when he hears the sound of the alarm.

"Trouble!" he exclaims. With lightning speed, he tears away his clothing to reveal his super-suit beneath. With an incredible series of super-leaps, he bounds towards the source of the alarm!

https://i.imgur.com/JlQlqHN.png
Aug 2, 2020 12:36 am
OOC:
I have a .pdf copy of Hero High, so if you don't mind, below is a map of the campus. Trey was sitting in area 5A, the Zen Garden.
https://i.imgur.com/mUgyq14.png
Last edited August 2, 2020 12:38 am
Aug 2, 2020 12:58 am
the alarm got him out of his thoughts, as he was considering bloodwine's offer, he wanted to explain that in the earth he came from, everyone has vegan ethics but they do eat "meat", since its all artificial generated, and was wondering if it will be ethical as part of his mission of discovery and exploration, anyway, better go running wherever he is instructed to
Aug 2, 2020 3:35 am
Rhiannon drifts invisibly down the corridor after Bloodwine and Lightwielder. She doesn't particularly care about the alarm, but she's been quietly enjoying the company of other people all day, and watching their conversations and laughter gave her a warm, unfamiliar feeling. She doesn't want to seem needy or clingy, but she also doesn't want this feeling of being part of a group to end. For now, she will simply follow, and watch, and wait.
Aug 2, 2020 9:28 am
Seeing that the others are going, Jules rushes towards the alarm as well.

"Dinner after this maybe?" He tells the group.

kenesperanza sent a note to WhtKnt
Last edited August 2, 2020 9:28 am
Aug 6, 2020 4:11 pm
Responding to the alarm, you find a jewelry store robbery in progress! The perpetrator is a man seemingly made of ice, including his t-shirt and shorts! The security guard and the store owner are frozen solid in blocks of ice! "Ah, company! I was wondering when the local do-gooders would intervene." the man says coldly (pun intended).

OOC:
Everyone except Rhiannon may act. Lightwielder, please post a character to your sheet so that I can see their stats. Thanks.

INITIATIVE
Nemain
Cobweb Kid
Bloodwine
Lightwielder
Winter Wrath
Rhiannon

Rolls

Winter Wrath Init - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Bloodwine Init - (1d20+0)

(11) = 11

Cobweb Kid Init - (1d20+16)

(12) + 16 = 28

Rhiannon Init - (1d20+0)

(3) = 3

Nemain Init - (1d20+10)

(20) + 10 = 30

Lightwielder Init - (1d20+0)

(10) = 10

Aug 6, 2020 5:32 pm
"Eh? Guess, ice cream's off the menu later." Jules mumbles to himself as they approach the cold man.

"Hey Icey!" Jules calls out the cold criminal.

"No way out of here and we've got you surrounded. Surrender now else I can't guarantee that you'll be able to walk again after this." He attempts to intimidate the criminal with his words and a menacing stare while cracking his knuckles as he slowly walk towards the cold villain.
OOC:
Move: Walk towards the criminal.
Action:Demoralize (Other modifiers: Cool +5, Attractive +5)

Rolls

Demoralize (Intimidation+2, Presence+7) - (1d20+9)

(19) + 9 = 28

Aug 9, 2020 4:02 am
Sorry for the delay, i hope you can see my sheet in link... feel free to suggest corrections, i’m very new at this.( player level 8 means i can spend up to 64 points right?) also in https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mw7fiVG9thi1evJZKbgnVnmDd5pjUpVr/view?usp=sharing
Last edited August 9, 2020 11:33 am
Aug 9, 2020 1:04 pm
OOC:
@Lightwielder Third edition page 24 says you start with 120 power points at Power Level 8
Aug 9, 2020 8:28 pm
Oops! sorry, I was using Hero Labs to make my sheet, uploaded it again Here
Quote:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bUiEQ3fPeALXFZ0J60Omd-soxzL4QVZ/view?usp=sharing
, Thanks for the patience
Last edited August 9, 2020 8:32 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.