Welcome to High School!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 12, 2020 2:35 am
OOC:
WhtKnt: What about my move for September 10?
Last edited October 12, 2020 2:36 am
Oct 12, 2020 3:03 pm
OOC:
Sorry, didn't see that you had already made your move.
The Cobweb Kid picks up a display cabinet and hurls it at the icy foe. It slams into the villain, knocking him down and leaving him bruised.
OOC:
The bad guy now suffers a -2 on Toughness saves and is dazed for one turn (limited to free actions and a single standard action).
OOC:
Lightwielder is up!
Oct 13, 2020 3:14 am
Lightwielder got his mind back online after a few moments of disconnection, he thought he should say something like "sorry, construct - mind connection issues!" But realized that it could help the villain prepare for his strike, better to hit him hard now, started to run against him, while having the quick thought of distracting him by throwing one his laser swords to a near location, while jumping on him with the actual blow, after all, the photons are not normally strong to slice someone, but strong enough to stun."Nah no time, he is already weak" so .....he jumps at him making a blow with the 2 swords coming from the same direction!
OOC:
then I roll a d20 + close combat (fighting=8) right?
Last edited October 13, 2020 7:05 pm
Oct 13, 2020 5:14 pm
OOC:
Correct.
Oct 13, 2020 7:04 pm
OOC:
Cool, there i go, thanks

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+8)

(12) + 8 = 20

Oct 14, 2020 12:22 am
OOC:
What is the effect value of your attack? In other words, what is the DC he needs to make in order to be unaffected?
Oct 14, 2020 5:14 pm
OOC:
Well if i've done my reasearch correctly = 20 (attack base for level 8) 15+ 3 (strenght) +2 (a normal sword is 3, so maybe a low power laser one is 2?) I guess i need to make adjustements to my character sheet
Oct 15, 2020 9:13 pm
OOC:
Okay, so this is a melee strike (Damage), so the effect value is equal to your ranking in the power (8), plus 15 (23), plus any adjustments (let's say +5, as you noted, for Strength and sword value), for a total DC of 28. Pretty impressive. Too impressive, in fact, That seems too high. I think you have exceeded the Power Level limits. The total of your attack and effect value combined cannot exceed 16. I can't see your character sheet, so I don't know where you went wrong.
Oct 17, 2020 4:31 am
OOC:
Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JfAP4f3b5Q81t-byRjYmHfFZM2CfApZKWT7uL5aXbec/edit?usp=sharing Sorry for the delay, i posted the link on the forum before but It needed to be corrected, so the new one is above, I changed my fighting to 6 and according the player handbook a laser blade is not always strength base, but there's something im still wrong at, if we sum power level 8 + 15, the effect value will allways be above scale, regardless of my stats.. feel free to correct my sheet I wonder if i should sum power level 8+ strenght 4+ 4 (value of 2 swords)
Last edited October 17, 2020 4:35 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.