The Identity Project

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 18, 2020 3:37 am
You awaken in a darkened room. The glow of a digital alarm clock indicates that it is 5:00 AM. But where are you? Why can't you remember anything about... well... why can't you remember anything? You aren't even sure of your name. You read for the lamp and click it on. Light stabs blindingly into your eyes and you shut them momentarily to let them adjust. When the light is no longer painful, you allow yourself to look about the room.

It is a small, well-cleaned hotel room. A set of clothing is carefully folded and placed neatly on a chair behind the writing desk. You force yourself to rise, still unsure where you are, or even who you are. Finally, you stand before a full-length mirror, staring at the image that reflects back at you. One question continues to burn itself into your sleep-fogged brain... who am I?!

And that is what you must tell me. Describe, in excruciating detail, the person you see in the mirror. You must be human, but any other details are left to you. You know nothing about yourself except what you see before you; be very descriptive. From the night clothes (if any) that you wear to little details like jewelry, eye color, hairstyle, and color; I want to know it all. I will use what you give me (and the background of the setting, which you will have to discover as we play) to develop your character's background and skill set. But you won't know any of this.

Can you drive? You don't know until you try. Can you swim? There's only one way to find out. You are an amnesiac and your memory is a blank slate. Who are you? Why can't you remember anything? How did you get here? Where is here? What is your purpose? These are the questions to which you will seek answers in...

THE IDENTITY PROJECT

Don't worry about the game system (we'll be using the FATE system, but you don't need to worry about the rules). I'll handle all that stuff behind the scenes. I will call for rolls now and again, but your job is to concentrate on finding out all you can about yourself and the situation you find yourself in. I suggest that, as you discover things about yourself, you put them on the character sheet as a reminder, because I won't remind you. Can you solve the mystery of who you are?
Jun 18, 2020 3:41 am
The game thread is here.
Last edited June 18, 2020 3:41 am
Jun 18, 2020 3:42 am
Interesting for sure, but I have a fairly heavy load right now. That I'm totally unknown to Fate system.. but it is an interesting thought for a game.
Jun 18, 2020 4:26 am
This is interesting. I usually find an image to represent my character, but this time I think it would be better not to
Jun 18, 2020 4:28 am
WhtKnt says:
The game thread is here.
The link doesn't work
Jun 18, 2020 4:31 am
This is the correct link:
The Identity Project
Jun 18, 2020 4:32 am
Much better link for sure.. :)
Jun 18, 2020 4:42 am
Thanks, Moonbeam.
Jun 18, 2020 6:37 pm
I have a character already partially developed in the FATE Core system that would work. He was a retired professional athlete, probably a football player, perhaps an edge rusher on defense. There is a good pic of him and he would know what he looks like since he sees himself in a mirror. Not sure how to move everything over to a Custom sheet but I can certainly describe him in detail and will if I'm accepted into the game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.