Savage Zombierun!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 19, 2020 3:28 am
Setting Primer
The world didn't go to hell overnight. It took a whole two months.

Saturday, July 4, 2020. Sometime around midnight, Eastern time, the recently-dead started coming back to life. We woke up Sunday morning, turned on our radios and TVs, went outside and picked up our newspapers, and learned that rotting corpses were wandering the streets, forcing their way into homes, attacking and eating people.

In the U.S., the President declared a national emergency. Local and state police joined forces with the Army, Marines, and National Guard, and for about a week, we held our own against the rising tide of the dead. But how do you defeat an enemy when your own casualties become his foot soldiers?

Maybe if we had been fighting a living enemy, a foreign invader, things would have gone differently. But facing our own dead, risen from the grave with no thought but to kill and devour us...We panicked. First came the riots and looting, then the killing. Law enforcement and military units fell apart. People turned on each other like terrified animals, everyone trying to save his or her own skin. And every person killed by his or her neighbor became one of them.

You are the survivors. You found each other in the aftermath and banded together, pooling your skills and resources to increase your odds of staying alive just a little longer. You've holed up in the Baxter Building in downtown Manhattan, managed to secure it against the zombies and the roving gangs that have cropped up--even worse than the living dead, the living preying on the living, survivors killing and stealing from other survivors.

But you've only delayed the inevitable. The world doesn't belong to you anymore. It belongs to the dead.

Introduction
Welcome to Savage Zombierun!, a zombie survival horror adventure for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. The first half of the adventure follows the characters' journey across the zombie-infested US, from New York to Phoenix, Arizona, to join another band of survivors (with plenty of opportunities along the way for good old-fashioned combat and scavenging). The second half deals with what happens once characters reach their destination and step into the deadly conflict between Phoenix and a rival band of survivors in Flagstaff.

https://i.imgur.com/Qaj7Jpo.jpg

Your Humble GM
Hi! I'm new to GP, but I'm also very happy I joined. I've spoken to some fine folks over the last 24 hours and look forward to running and playing-in some games here. The formatting on this site seems to be just right for a variety of wonderful games and I'm excited to see what we can accomplish here. Consider this game a bit of a test run for me with the site, mechanics and how the flow of PbP works on this platform.

Requirements
The only requirement a player needs for this game is access to Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (Preferred) or any edition prior as I will be happy to assist you with the latest changes. For this game there isn't much concern with the magic rules for instance, therefore it should run very smoothly with regards to having an older SW edition.

Setting Rules/Character Creation
Character creation will follow the steps outlined in Savage Worlds Adventure Edition and in this setting all players are Human with the one Free Edge.

This is a non-magic setting, so any backgrounds related to magical, divine or psychic abilities won't be allowed here. Think Dawn of the Dead, World War Z, 20 Days Later, The Walking Dead and The Crazies type settings.

Final Comments/Applications
I'm looking for 4 to 6 players. Personally, I love characters and the characters that you create is what I enjoy. I have no problem populating and unfolding a world in front of you with challenges and encounters...but, this is about You from my perspective. So, feel free to Stat our your character, but more importantly...let me know WHO they are. Throw an idea or two down below or just tell me this game is lame and I'll try something else. :)

Cheers!
Last edited June 19, 2020 3:36 am
Jun 19, 2020 3:37 am
Lets do this. I'm all in.
Jun 19, 2020 5:46 am
Sounds great. I'm interested
Jun 19, 2020 6:24 am
Do you plan on doing only the module or possibly continuing after?
Jun 19, 2020 6:26 am
I’m down for it.
Jun 19, 2020 8:33 am
Woot! Zombies!!! Can I join?
Jun 19, 2020 8:49 am
I love me some zombies!
Jun 19, 2020 9:16 am
zombie land here we come...
Jun 19, 2020 11:01 am
TheVagrant says:
Do you plan on doing only the module or possibly continuing after?
My aim was to do the module, but I'm not opposed to running it further if we are all enjoying it. :) Have our own Walking Dead series. LOL
Jun 19, 2020 12:41 pm
Game is up. I sent invites to each of you.
Jun 19, 2020 4:43 pm
Reminds me of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPnD5dKQsec
Jun 19, 2020 5:10 pm
That's pretty awesome! :)
Jun 23, 2020 1:47 am
Did I get kicked from the game or was it closed for some reason?
Jun 23, 2020 2:02 am
Game disappeared from my forum thread too. Probably a permission change that affected the whole forum instead of a subforum.
Jun 23, 2020 4:13 am
I seem to be gone from the game too! I don't see it anywhere.
Jun 23, 2020 5:09 am
The game seems to have been closed. That's my third SW game that just disappears without a word from the GM
Jun 23, 2020 7:22 am
That is two for me... :(
Jun 23, 2020 11:20 am
Same with me
Jun 23, 2020 11:34 am
This game looks fun. What does that mean it disappeared? Like, not available?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.