Dice Addiction, level 7: Relic Dice

Mar 16, 2016 5:06 pm
I've kinda been looking forward to this one, but Relic Dice just launched their Kickstarter. I am more than a bit of a dice addict, and Relic Dice are releasing translucent, beautifully colored dice. Unfortunately for me, they're pricier than I can afford at the moment (unless you guys wanna donate to GP so I can afford new dice? :p), but it's well worth taking a look at, and if you can, I think it's worth backing.

So fellow dice addicts: whatcha think?
Mar 16, 2016 5:38 pm
Oh, those are gorgeous...but a little outside my price range.

Not to mention waifu will kill me if I get another set of dice...
Mar 16, 2016 9:04 pm
Yeah, damn, those are gorgeous dice, but damn are they expensive! I think I'll stick with my crappy dice a bit longer...
Mar 16, 2016 9:06 pm
Man, I wish they were less ridiculously priced, they're beautiful
Mar 16, 2016 9:40 pm
Bulletproof glass would presumably last a lot longer than the plastic dice I typically use. But, just like the metal dice I would love to have, I can't really justify the price...

...also I haven't saved my spending cash lately, with all the Bundles of Holding and Steam sales combined.
Mar 16, 2016 9:46 pm
Hell, I still have my D&D from '82. Why would I need more? :-)

Seriously though, those are super sharp looking, but $50 for a set is more than I'm willing to shell out.
Mar 16, 2016 9:58 pm
Am I wrong in reading that it's $50 for unpainted dice? Meaning that they won't have numbers?
Mar 16, 2016 10:03 pm
I assumed the numbers are engraved and unpainted, but maybe not...

http://i.imgur.com/fGK8yRl.jpg
Last edited March 16, 2016 10:10 pm
Mar 16, 2016 11:02 pm
@ szemely
I prefer the d12 with roman numerals to replace the d4... these... these are white ninja caltrips!
Mar 16, 2016 11:17 pm
CancerMan says:
Am I wrong in reading that it's $50 for unpainted dice? Meaning that they won't have numbers?
As I understand it, the numbers are engraved in. They've been posting pictures on Twitter, and I've seen unpainted die with numbers engraved, and even without paint, they look great. Though painted is much better of course.
Mar 16, 2016 11:23 pm
Okay, just making sure. Thanks!
Mar 17, 2016 11:35 pm
Remnant says:
... these... these are white ninja caltrips!
'bout all they're good for. I somehow managed to acquire close to a thousand of these things all of which have imperfections which prevented them from being used as actual dice.
Mar 18, 2016 11:42 am
You could make bracelets or phone charger stands maybe....dice arts and craft... and dice mods... I don't know if that's safe to search up at work. 0.o

You do not have permission to post in this thread.