Interlude - On the Ship

Jun 26, 2020 5:46 am
The journey to R9-PHZ-8 will, according to the ship's calculations, take almost exactly four days. Enough to rest and recover and to come up with a more concrete plan.
OOC:
I will give you time to formulate a plan for your arrival. You have the program by now that will allow you to try and hack your names into the system as Siren employees. What is your cover story for why you are going to that planet and what will be your plan once you're there?

This also counts as a long rest, so if you have taken any damage, lost points of Fatigue or want to try and level up a skill, this is the time to take care of that:
[ +- ] Long Rest
Jun 26, 2020 12:43 pm
Once the route is set, Lain focus on the essential tasks: a long shower and a even longer rest! Once fresh, she takes a look at her nose and patches it up. It looks worse than she though, but four days should be enough to get her looking as new. Looking at her face, she realises she definitely has to exercise a bit more if she's to take up a man like Pitr on her own again. All this space travel has made her body week and she has to spend more time activating those muscles. She also spends some time tinkering and updating her cybernetic implant (and Andrew in general)
OOC:
removed unarmed and exert skill marks, roll only for exert. -1 Drive +1 Run
On the last day of the travel, she sits down for breakfast with the others. "So, what was the plan again?"
Last edited June 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Rolls

physical lv 2: 5-7 - (2d6)

(13) = 4

exert lv2 * - (2d6)

(55) = 10

Unarmed lv 1 * - (2d6)

(44) = 8

Modular ability repair lv3 - (2d6)

(41) = 5

Jun 27, 2020 1:35 am
Andrew plugs himself into the recharging dock as soon as they are on the ship, spending several cycles to spool down and defrag the new information stored in his data banks. He begins to map out the architecture of the target station to better understand what qualifications, documentation and codes will be required to successfully pull off the planned impersonation.

When he is done, he seats himself in the cockpit, monitoring the ship's progress as they make their way through space. "I can begin document and authorization forgery as soon as we've decided the method in which it makes the most sense to approach this station. A cover as inspector or auditor may offer us access that many other covers do not, but they may also require more thorough knowledge than we are able to imitate. I believe this is the most productive avenue despite its potential degree of difficulty. What say you, Lain? Or you, Carlos?"
Jun 27, 2020 5:25 am
Down time was nice for a change, but after a couple 9f days Carlos is ready to be back in action.

If you come up with the basics, I am willing to try and sell anything.
Jun 29, 2020 8:28 am
Lain considers Andrew's assessment. Normally she would enjoy a little extra risk, but this mission seems to be a little more sensitive "If the boy is in there, what are the changes that they would kill him in retaliation if we're found?". Though she asks with a worried expression, she knows the body is worth enough credits anyway, so not as much. "We'd need to change out IDs again, maybe remove the origin point as Iris" she starts to consider the work to be done
Last edited June 29, 2020 8:29 am
Jul 1, 2020 2:54 pm
"Yes, the work would have to be thorough. Our options seem somewhat limited with regard to avoiding the labor." ANDREW pauses a moment as he considers the options. "I do not truly know why the boy has been taken or what the captors have to lose or gain by his continued survival to accurately predict the danger he assumes. A non-violent approach seems to be the best approach to keep our options open after we discover more. Should I begin to fabricate the necessary credentials?"
Jul 1, 2020 6:29 pm
I imagine they will use him for business leverage sometime down the line.

Yeah, you might as well get it going.
Jul 1, 2020 6:38 pm
"So we'll go for auditors then? I guess we'll be doing a lot of appraising and accounting. We may want some new IDs in case our smoky friend reported on our activities as well" Lain considers as she approaches the computer to check what information may be available
OOC:
possible relevant skills for auditing: Appraise 3, Perception 4, Non-Intelligence Interaction 3, Computers 3, Mechanism 2
Last edited July 1, 2020 6:38 pm

Rolls

computer 3: SR 5-8 - (2d6)

(22) = 4

Jul 5, 2020 5:19 am
Searching the computer, Lain comes up with nothing new, beyond what the planet's public profile states. It is a mining colony, operated by Siren. There are 200 people living and working there and its ore productivity is declining to the point that Siren has put the planet up for sale.
OOC:
Sorry for the delay in responding.
Eskaton, to get new IDs, it would be a Computers roll. I'm sure one of the other PCs would help you for a +1 bonus.
Jul 5, 2020 9:05 am
"Wait" Lain says as she search the computers. "You said auditors or inspector, if not applying for a job right?" She looks at Carlos considering other options "They have the asteroid for sale! We can try to... buy it?" then she turns to ANDREW, hoping his logical calculations could help with the more risky option "What if... since they know they have a valuable secret... asset, we pretend to be a secret team to pick him up?" she looks around "Maybe we can force a message from Paz since we have her data?"
Jul 5, 2020 10:51 pm
We could ask our employer to set up a large bank account. We could use it to show we are serious buyers. We don't have to be able to actually withdraw from it, just show it off.
Jul 7, 2020 8:46 am
"Not sure he likes to wave around that much money..." Lain replies then looking at ANDREW "What was the behaviour analysis during the last call?"
Jul 7, 2020 8:58 am
OOC:
You definitely wouldn't get the money to buy the planet. But if one of you makes a successful Persuade check you can have Eltik set up an account to flaunt around at least. We wouldn't have to rp that out, just make a post saying you contact Eltik and ask for that.
If that fails, you could try to set up a fake account but that is risky and might get discovered and get you in trouble.
Jul 7, 2020 9:26 am
OOC:
Just summing up the options so far by the way:
* Use a shuttle
* Find a job
* Go as an auditor/inspector
* Corporate buyers/investors (persuade Eltik)
* Secret higher ups (from Siren) looking for the boy (likely with a forged message from Paz)

We must forge credentials and change ours and the ship's IDs
Last edited July 7, 2020 9:27 am
Jul 7, 2020 10:23 am
"Yes, this would work assuming the targets would not be put on guard by the fact that somebody knew that the asset was on-station. I will attempt fabrication of suitable alibi."

Rolls

Computers 5 - (2d6)

(31) = 4

Jul 7, 2020 11:25 am
OOC:
Once you've decided on what exactly to do, if you're making any forgeries or something like that, don't roll just yet. To keep it interesting, just make the necessary rolls when your action is opposed.

For example: You create a fake company identification. You automatically succeed in making one but once someone looks it over, you roll computers to see if it stands up to scrutiny. Since your characters won't know how good the forgery is.
I hope that's understandable.

We'll just ignore this roll for now (which is good for you since it was a fail anyway ;) )

Once you have a plan and are ready to proceed, let me know and I'll narrate your arrival at the planet.
CESN summarized the options you thought of for getting on the planet. Which one (or which ones) do you want to go with?

Thread locked