An offer of help

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 26, 2020 2:01 pm
Hello,

I'm going to put myself out there with this post, but this is an offer of assistance for people who want it.

No obligation, no pressure, no fees.

There appear to be a lot of questions surrounding D&D's changes, Black Lives Matter/protests for racial equality, J.K. Rowling being abandoned by people who have worked with her, and so on.

I've seen it here on GP. I've on social media networks. I've overheard it in the street.

People seem to be looking for answers, but maybe aren't comfortable asking the questions they have for fear of being judged, or falling victim to "cancel culture."

If this is you, here's my offer...

In real life, I'm a librarian. I don't have the answers to your questions myself, but I can help you get them. At the very least, I can help you find someone who can and is willing to help you.

Also, I won't judge or shame you for having questions. I'm not going to turn your name over to activists, or argue with you about your ideas and try to make you see things correctly.

I'm a middle-aged white guy, and I'm comfortable privately discussing uncomfortable topics. It's my job, and I enjoy helping people.

Send me a DM if you'd like to take me up on this.

Should this gain traction, I may set it up as a Discord server for faster one on one chats. Open to alternatives if anyone knows of confidential ways to facilitate one-on-one instant messaging services.

All the best to you all in this crazy mixed-up world we're in!

phil_ozzy_fer

You do not have permission to post in this thread.