Sounding out interest for some D&D 5e games

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 3, 2020 8:14 pm
Hi all

I started GMing my first game on this site a few months ago and I've really enjoyed the experience of Play by Post games as a DM. So much so that I am looking to start one, maybe two more games.

I have two ideas and wanted to sound out potential interest.

1) A traditional D&D campaign - starting at 1st level and working upwards. I have a lot of D&D modules which I've acquired at various times and I thought I could, with a bit of improvisation from myself put them into a campaign. I thought I would set it in the World of Greyhawk, possibly starting at the City of Greyhawk.

2) I have been thinking about and making some notes on my own homebrew world and although it is far from complete I could trial it in a game on GP. It is a dark ages/early medieval style setting, with magic existing but usually hidden and will use a few of the rule amendments from Adventures in Middle Earth. There will be restrictions on races and classes with cultures, as in Adventures in Middle Earth, rather than races as such and certain classes will only be available to certain cultures.
There will be no formal alignment but all characters will be considered as "good" in some shape or form.

So let me know if there is any interest in options 1 and/or 2. I will probably go up to five players for each game and I would like players who can post at least three times a week.

I'm not so bothered about people developing detailed back stories, I think a rough back story which then gets further developed during the game is best.

If there is enough interest to set up the game I'll ask people to PM me and if they are still interested after a chat I'll send out invites.
Jul 3, 2020 8:59 pm
I'd be very interested in giving option 1 a try.
Jul 3, 2020 9:17 pm
I'm up for either, but the 2nd option caught my eye.
Jul 4, 2020 2:10 pm
It has been ages since I've played a good old fashion D&D5e campaign. I'd be up for either option but prefer the first as I love starting at the bottom and working my way upward. I am unfamiliar with Adventures in Middle Earth rules, but I usually play martial characters, or at most classes like rangers that only occasionally use magic. So I could roll something up for the second option if that proves the more popular choice.
Jul 4, 2020 2:53 pm
Always interested in 5e games.. :)
Jul 4, 2020 2:59 pm
Well if you got room for one more either sounds nice to me
Jul 4, 2020 6:08 pm
Thanks for the interest everyone, it looks like I will definitely have enough interest for game 1 which I can start setting up over the next few days.
I have lined up
Funfungiguy
Mr.Armitage
Griffrpg
GeneCortess
DeJoker
Mike
I think I can go with six as I want an old fashioned feel and AD&D 1e often had large parties (first campaign I was ever involved in usually had 10 PCs)
I will PM you to confirm interest.

Option 2
I have
Squadfather 44
Mike
and a few others of you were also interested in option 2 - I plan to set this up later in July so still time for more people to express an interest.
Jul 5, 2020 2:55 am
I'm intersted in both options.
Jul 5, 2020 3:06 am
If you need more players I'm up for it, but if you're already max cap no worries. I'm interested in both options. I want to play a barbarian class scholar character.
Jul 5, 2020 6:28 pm
I would be interested in playing in a 5e game that starts off in the City of Greyhawk. Playing either a Wood Elf Ranger/Outlander or Halfling Rogue/Urchin. Depending on the focus of the game.
Jul 6, 2020 2:34 am
I'd be down for playing in a 5e game, and have heard good things about the Greyhawk setting, so am leaning towards option 1, but 2 sounds cool too.
Jul 6, 2020 7:46 am
Hi all

I now have accepted Six players into the World of Greyhawk game so that is now full.

My plan with my homebrew world is to start it towards the end of July so I will hold interested people in reserve for when I am ready to go.
Jul 6, 2020 7:32 pm
A homebrew game would be fine as well. As far as I'm concerned!
Jul 7, 2020 4:35 am
I'd be down for joining the homebrew game!
Jul 7, 2020 5:48 am
Hmm seems I missed the line up for gaming. .dratz

You do not have permission to post in this thread.