The New Lancers of Zobeck [13th Age]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 3, 2020 9:17 pm
Welcome to Zobeck, the Crossroads of Midgard. The regions of Midgard spin around the Crossroads like spokes around a wheel. Everything that goes from north to south and east to west passes along the River Argent, the Sultan’s Road, the Great Northern Road, and other well-trod trade routes, all with their own difficulties and dangers. Zobeck has patrols, of course, but they can only go so far. They're also not equipped to deal with the less mundane threats that arise with increasing regularity. The Goblin Wastes, Demon Mountain, the Dragon Empire... threats come from all directions.

To this end, one of Mayor Olleck's first directives was to re-form the Lancers. Originally a knightly order that protected the Crossroads from invading armies, the Lancers will now take any who wish to protect the Crossroads from the more esoteric threats of recent times.

We're looking for 2 additional players, possibly three, to join the two players (lenpelletier and runekyndig) we already have. Characters should be level one. All characters will also belong to a guild in Zobeck, but which one or ones will be discussed after we have the characters in place.

Available Races (common to or ttusted by Zobeck):
Aasimar, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Elf (high or wood), Elfmarked, Gearforged, Gnome, Goblin, Human, Minotaur, Ravenfolk, Shadow Fey, Winterfolk

Available Classes:
Barbarian, Bard, Chaos Mage, Cleric, Commander, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Necromancer, Occultist, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard

To apply, please give me a brief description of the type of character you'd like to play (race and class), and why they've decided to join the Lancers (please make it a bit moe than just needing money).
Last edited July 3, 2020 9:18 pm
Jul 3, 2020 10:50 pm
I am thinking of a minotaur ranger. I see him using an axe with the warhammer stats, so one handed, with either a shield or a small axe in the other depending on two weapon fighting.

His family were part of a caravan that was attacked. He is the only survivor. He was unofficially adopted by the guard unit that found the remains of the caravan. He was raised in the rough and tumble world of guard barracks. When the Lancers were reformed, he felt it was his duty to repay the good that was shown him, by helping to protect travelers on the road.
Jul 4, 2020 12:26 am
I'm kicking around a few ideas for a Dragonborn Necromancer.

He wandered with another sort of itinerant Necromancer and learned the trade of monster hunting. After his master's passing, he would join the Lancers with the impramatur and under the advice of a former Lancer and his mentor's estranged ally, who he was instructed to seek out.
Jul 4, 2020 2:49 am
Alright. These look good and can definitely work. I'll be sending invites out in a bit.
Jul 4, 2020 3:27 am
How about a gnome monk, a street pugilist nicknamed 'the imp' for being a crafty little son of a __ on underground fight clubs. He joined the Lancers cause it should get him the fame he needed so that his wife would come back to him. He promised her the world but one day when all their 5 children were crying of hunger, his wife couldn't take it and left him. Promises can't provide food for his family, not in this economy.
Jul 4, 2020 3:35 am
Desperation is a motivator. Kobold would be even better, as they're second-class citizens in Kobeck. Either way though, you're in.

Len

Jul 4, 2020 4:27 am
Fafnir is a human barbarian hailing from the icy Northlands. Tired of the cold and enchanted by tales of the wonders of civilization, he decided to try his fortunes in the greatest of cities of the south. A man of his size and ferocity doesn't have much trouble falling in with the likes of the Lancers, who appreciate him for his drinking songs and fantastic tales as much as for his greatsword.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.