Episode II: Over Thaere OOC

Jul 8, 2020 1:39 am
Hoping TowerShield and Danyar will chime in so giving them through the evening I guess.

Seuss
Jul 27, 2020 2:12 am
GreyGriffin says:
emsquared says:
OOC:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but thought I should mention that Coercion is something that pops up on the Conflict table...
I think Wals' intent to defuse potential violence might mitigate (although maybe not negate) conflict gain here. He's operating from a defensive posture here, but did want to remind the thugs that violence is two-sided...
OOC:
It was a bit of a busy weekend for me so I'm sorry for the late response. I appreciate your argument for Wals actions ... and I should do a better job of pointing out when a player can expect to pick up Conflict (part of it a shamefully admit is my somewhat new exposure to the rule set) but in fairness to emsquared who carefully considers Ani's actions (and will even helpfully point out when Conflict might come into play) I think Wals should earn (2) Conflict points. True that violence is two-sided ... but showing your 'bigger' gun to a gang of thugs itching for a scrap is also more than likely to incite violence as the gang tries to maintain their Alpha status.

I would welcome both your and emsquare's insight/rebuttal and may be moved otherwise to reduce the Conflict. That being said, (2) is not that harsh ... the rules are set up for the Jedi to make conscious choices on when to and when not to Conflict so I doubt it will effect Wals to much in the end. I believe Ani had a pretty decent Conflict score last mission and still was able to increase her Morality.
Jul 27, 2020 4:37 am
I just had a briefing with my tabletop game about starting FFG Star Wars, and I spent a lot of time on Conflict, explaining that it wasn't a punishment or a personal chastisement of how I felt about their actions, just a reflection of the emotional toll of doing things, on yourself and others. Star Wars is, after all, an action-ey adventure setting, and you basically get 1 conflict for starting a fight, so, some conflict is just... to be expected.

I don't think 2 is unreasonable for trying to strongarm some dudes, but I do wonder if he'd still get one for inaction which permits harm? It's a bit of a catch-22.
Aug 8, 2020 1:32 am
Going to give @Mathfuric a chance to post for Knuckles through the evening before continuing.

To our two new recruits ... hope to get you up and running first thing next week. My week got away from me with work stuff.

Seuss
Aug 8, 2020 2:24 am
Seuss says:

I would welcome both your and emsquare's insight/rebuttal and may be moved otherwise to reduce the Conflict. That being said, (2) is not that harsh ... the rules are set up for the Jedi to make conscious choices on when to and when not to Conflict so I doubt it will effect Wals to much in the end. I believe Ani had a pretty decent Conflict score last mission and still was able to increase her Morality.[/ooc]
Hey sorry, I had missed this.

My view on it is that Coercion is using fear to manipulate someone. Period. Your motive really doesn't matter, cuz you basically always could have chosen something besides fear to try to motivate them - kindness, creds, even lies are better than fear.

The lightside has a problem with fear, or rather, the darkside really really likes fear. And likes ppl to use fear to achieve their ends. Fear is the darkside, so when I GM I will always give Conflict for using Coercion.
Oct 11, 2020 6:39 pm
OOC:
Episode II: Over Thaere Rewards

Experience Points:

Everyone receives the following for completing the first episode.

Episode Reward: 20 XP
Avoiding Thaerian Involvement: 5 XP
No Civilian Casualties: 5 XP
Rescuing Senator Lotta Orviss: 5XP
Capturing Epukang: 5 XP

Total: 40 XP

Duty - Knuckles and Lucky receive 10 Duty each.

Conflict:
emsquared and GreyGriffin. I need you to provide a 1d10 for your change in Morality.

Ani received (1) Conflict
Wals received (2) Conflict.

Roll the 1d10 and if the roll is less than your Conflict your Morality decreases by the difference. If the roll is more than you conflict your Morality increases by the difference. (Wals's morality was triggered so the difference will be doubled).

Earnings: - 1,400 credits to be spent on gear and equipment.
Oct 11, 2020 10:45 pm
OOC:
Morality roll.

Rolls

Morality - (1d10)

(2) = 2

Oct 11, 2020 11:19 pm
Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn.
Teach us the lessen that we should learn.

I'll go over XP in a bit, have to do a survey of me sheet.

Rolls

Morality (Conflict = 2) - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Oct 12, 2020 1:48 pm
Hey squad, I think I might pick up the Well Rounded talent, which will give me access to 2 new Career skills.

The shortlist I have is

Brawl (all-spectrum mixed martial arts combat mastery!)
Charm (appeals to peoples' better nature)
Knowledge (Warfare) (Wals' natural academic interests extending to his current practice)
Resilience (his natural hardiness)
Stealth (A natural aptitude for going unseen and unnoticed)

Any suggestions on what I should take, or anything you think I should consider adding to the list, consiidering how I've played Wals so far?
Oct 12, 2020 2:28 pm
I would consider the cool skill too. It is both a social and combat init skill and could represent Wals progress in acting confident and composed.

In the other list, stealth would fit Wals experience in the last mission well (the stalking of the mercenary and the hiding on the crate)
Oct 13, 2020 8:25 am
So inline with his experiences from the last mission I have given the following to Knuckles;

Due to healing and field care on Senator: Medicine +1 level (10pts), Stimpack Specialization (5pts), Grit (5pts)
Due to time spent training while waiting for Sugi: Brawl +1 (10pts), Strong arm (10pts)

Total: 40exp.
Oct 13, 2020 3:02 pm
With the XP, I have opened up the Knight Specialization (20), taken Jump Up (5), taken Parry (10), and taken a Range Upgrade to Influence (5).
Oct 13, 2020 5:20 pm
For Lucky,
Cool skill rank 2 and 3 (25)
Physical training (5)
Clanker killer (10)
Total 40
Oct 14, 2020 1:40 pm
Padawan: Well-Rounded (Charm, Stealth; 10)
Charm 0-1 (5)
Stealth 0-1 (5)
Lightsaber: 2-3 (15)

5 XP Remain
Oct 20, 2020 1:35 pm
Are we waiting on the groups to fuse up?
Oct 20, 2020 2:42 pm
GreyGriffin says:
Are we waiting on the groups to fuse up?
Yes. I had meant to send this yesterday ... then this morning but work keeps getting in the way :-P

@everyone My hope is that the other group will finish up very soon and there will be a post for everyone towards the end of this week. That being said they've suddenly gone quiet on my so I may just push on without.
Oct 22, 2020 10:23 pm
What about fast forwarding the other mission and starting the new one with all the players left?
Oct 23, 2020 1:47 am
TheVagrant says:
What about fast forwarding the other mission and starting the new one with all the players left?
OOC:
My thought exactly and am just in the process of doing a wrap up post tonight for the other group.

Should hopefully have an introductory post up for everyone kicking off the next chapter tomorrow.

Thread locked