Question about running multiple games

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 21, 2016 4:58 am
Is it considered poor form to be running more than one game here at a time? My RL situation - I work third shift in a job that allows me to bang away on a keyboard at night - is such that I definitely have the time to run two games at the 3-4 posts a week pace, and I'd really like to do so.

I mean I'm gonna go ahead and set up the second game, but if this is a big no-no or problematic in anyway let me know and I'll stick to one game at a time.
Mar 21, 2016 5:13 am
Plenty of people here run (and play) multiple games. More games being run means more people can participate. :-)
Mar 21, 2016 5:17 am
I put a limit on how many games I'm involved in, just so I can be happy with the quality of what I post.
Mar 21, 2016 5:41 am
There's no way I could handle more than two, but I'm just dying to run some games dang it!
Mar 21, 2016 6:41 am
I see you've put up a D&D 5e game, The Broken Isles. Let me just say I'd love to sign up, but will refrain so others can play. :-)
Mar 21, 2016 8:49 am
Ooh, could I join that game? Are there any alignment restriction? I have a pirate NPC from my own GM-world which I could import pretty quickly. This could be a great way to fill out his backstory.
Mar 21, 2016 9:00 am
fluglichkeiten says:
Ooh, could I join that game? Are there any alignment restriction? I have a pirate NPC from my own GM-world which I could import pretty quickly. This could be a great way to fill out his backstory.
Well, you got yer answer. Alignment isn't an issue, just stick to the races and classes listed.
Mar 21, 2016 11:41 am
Volimance says:
Is it considered poor form to be running more than one game here at a time?.
Not at all! I'm running 4 games and playing in 4 games. I'm not even close to the most involved player around here (although I might be competing for 'most games running' ;) )
Mar 21, 2016 12:51 pm
I'm running 4 games, and playing in 20+. So, no, there is no limit (yet)!
Mar 21, 2016 12:56 pm
I'm in over two dozen games myself, but only as a player. Not running any (yet).
Mar 22, 2016 3:54 am
Nope, just don't stretch yourself too thin. It always sucks when you have to kill a game because you bit off more than you can chew. I am guilty of that.
Mar 23, 2016 2:34 am
More experienced GMs are able to handle running multiple games. I don't know how they do it. Personally I'm much more active as a player since I'm new to GMing (but I'm going to keep trying dammit!)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.