[Closed] Rime of the Frostmaiden

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 15, 2020 2:37 pm

https://dexsave.blob.core.windows.net/campaignnote/63ee4d8e-5f38-46dd-8250-1d2bafc93820.jpeg

WotC's new adventure, Rime of the Frostmaiden, isn't out until September 15th. We'll chill out with a short Icewind Dale one-shot until then - just as an ice-breaker.

If you're already DMing an adventure, or are already playing in more than five adventures - then let someone else have a turn, eh? I hope you're cool with that.

I'm asking for players who are in any of these categories:
new to RPGs;
new to PbP/Gamers' Plane;
not in many games at the moment.

I'll leave this post up for a few days. Post here or PM me if you're interested.
Last edited July 6, 2021 10:24 am
Jul 15, 2020 3:00 pm
Personnally, I'm not into any games at the moment since I joined this site recently, and never played Dungeons and Dragons before, so I would be really interested to join this campaign ^^.
I may join another game before starting this one however, but if you're ok with me joining this campaign I wont have any problem to keep a lot of space in my schedules.

(I'd like to try out this oneshot too if it's possible, since it looks like a good way to get the general rules of the games and how RPs work on this forum before going for a longer campaign)
Last edited July 15, 2020 3:05 pm
Jul 15, 2020 3:01 pm
September 15th is a long ways away. Sorry I feel like I have to wait till it is closer to decide anything.
Jul 15, 2020 3:05 pm
You're right - It is a long ways away. That's why we'll have an introductory adventure to get a feel for the setting first. It'll also help any new players get used to D&D and/or GP (I hope).
Jul 15, 2020 3:10 pm
Hmmm an introductory adventure.. Now that does get my interest up some. This does look to be a cold adventure?
OOC:
Winks, I'm in a lot of adventures but still have plenty of free time to keep up.
Last edited July 15, 2020 3:11 pm
Jul 15, 2020 3:13 pm
Gene - Aren't you already in loads of adventures? I'm trying to get new players, and those who don't have many games.
Jul 15, 2020 3:13 pm
OOC:
Ack.. Me thinks you didn't see the added note I put on the posting.. winks.
OOC:
Currently I would say I'm in 11 active games of my 16 games and DM'ing one.
Last edited July 15, 2020 3:19 pm
Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm
I am interested in both the intro game and the campaign later. I'm not in any games at the moment (DM or playing).
Jul 15, 2020 4:08 pm
I'm interested. I just joined 1 game, otherwise I have 0 else going on GP
Jul 15, 2020 7:02 pm
I am still looking for a game. I'm new to this particular site, but not to RP games in general. I've applied by the button (is that the proper etiquitte?) as well.
Jul 15, 2020 7:15 pm
Absolutely I want to be in a game of this! :)
Jul 15, 2020 7:16 pm
gigz says:
I am still looking for a game. I'm new to this particular site, but not to RP games in general. I've applied by the button (is that the proper etiquitte?) as well.
Different GMs have different preferences but generally some sort of written application, either by PM or in the recruitment thread like you did here, is appreciated instead of only an application with the button :)
Jul 15, 2020 7:28 pm
Oh, Icewind Dale! I remember that setting from the old videogames. Very oppressive atmosphere in those. And lots of goblins. But I liked them anyway because Baldur's Gate was my favorite game at the time, and these games used the same engine.

I'm quite interested but in 2 games already. So I'm OK with being passed over in favor with someone who has fewer.
Jul 15, 2020 7:36 pm
I'm currently only in one and I'm itching to find a Frostmaiden one! Count me in if you'll have me 👍
Jul 15, 2020 7:48 pm
bowlofspinach says:
gigz says:
I am still looking for a game. I'm new to this particular site, but not to RP games in general. I've applied by the button (is that the proper etiquette?) as well.
Different GMs have different preferences but generally some sort of written application, either by PM or in the recruitment thread like you did here, is appreciated instead of only an application with the button :)
Sweet! Thanks for the assist. :)
Jul 16, 2020 8:23 am
Rattila says:
Personnally, I'm not into any games at the moment since I joined this site recently, and never played Dungeons and Dragons before, so I would be really interested to join this campaign ^^.
I may join another game before starting this one however, but if you're ok with me joining this campaign I wont have any problem to keep a lot of space in my schedules.

(I'd like to try out this oneshot too if it's possible, since it looks like a good way to get the general rules of the games and how RPs work on this forum before going for a longer campaign)
Hi Rattila,

Have you played any RPGs before? Not that it's a problem if you haven't.
Jul 16, 2020 8:26 am
Mr.Armitage says:
Absolutely I want to be in a game of this! :)
Hey MrA. I'm trying to keep this one for people who otherwise wouldn't get a game - people who are new to the site, or are only in a couple of games.

If they drop out, then I might run one for you old war horses.
Jul 16, 2020 8:44 am
gigz says:
I have to invite you now, just because you're so darn polite.
Jul 16, 2020 9:09 am
Adam says:
Rattila says:

Hi Rattila,

Have you played any RPGs before? Not that it's a problem if you haven't.
Yeah, I did some one-shot of RPGs that I can't remember the name of at some local game cons. Sometimes, I also DM for friends with homebrew worlds and rules, but it's not as serious/complex as offical RPGs.
Jul 16, 2020 10:28 am
Thanks everyone. I have the party now.
I'll let you know if anybody drops out, or if I'm recruiting again when RotF is released.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.