IC: Fantasy Age/dragen age or Blue Rose.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 19, 2020 8:28 pm
I just had a few games end and considering Gming a new one.

I want to use the AGES system rules. I been learning them and I like the system. The only thing I have not decided on is do I want to Run a Dragon Age, Blue Rose or just plain Fantasy Age one.

I am hoping to get at least one player or possibly a co-GM that knows the rules well to help as I am still learning the game.

Now for the game ideas:

Dragon Age I am considering using premade modules. Though I read the novels and played through Inquisition I would not say I am an expert on the setting and I may make some modifications of my own as well so do not expect all things to be canon to the computer game (though I just got Origins and DAII) which I am goin gto start playing.

Blue Rose would also probably start with a use of a premade module but from there who knows. I am playing in a BR game now and have been getting more knowledgeable of the setting.

Fantasy Age - This would be a homebrew setting of my own creation ( I am debating on a coupleI have floating in my head right now. ) This one would require a bit more patient in the game as i would be creating things as we go but then you could give suggestions to help build it.

NOTE: I am staying away from the Expanse and Modern at this time though in the future i may run one.

This would be a game for 2 to 4 players. I have found that more than this really slows down the game.

So again I am seeing what interest there is for the different version of the game and go from there.
Jul 19, 2020 8:34 pm
Depending on the rythm, but Dragon Age would be good to play in.
Jul 19, 2020 8:57 pm
I'm interested in playing. All of them sound great, but I'm a fan of the Dragon Age setting.
Jul 20, 2020 9:01 pm
Dont know the ruleset but I'm always happy to learn and itching for a new game to play in. I am moderately familiar with Dragon age. Have played the OG game and a few hours of inquisition
Jul 21, 2020 4:34 pm
Well there seems to be dragon age interest so I am willing to go with that. Since it seems that everyone is new I am thinking of starting just using the first boxed set rules which starts everyone in Ferelden. I have the full rules but it gives so many options it may well overwhelm everyone. I am also thinking of using a beginning adventure module so we can all get a feel for the game then branching off from there.
Jul 21, 2020 9:11 pm
I would be interested in playing in a Dragon Age game. I would like to play a Dalish Rogue Scout in particular!
Jul 21, 2020 11:47 pm
I will be setting the game up in the next couple of days and will send out invites to those interested at that time.
Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am
I have been wanting to try Dragon Age for a while now.

I am very familiar with the world, but not the table top rpg.
I don't know what's in the first box, I just have the big core book that is supposed to replace the boxes.
Jul 22, 2020 12:40 pm
I also have the big core book as well.
Jul 22, 2020 2:31 pm
If everyone has the large book we can use it. I was thinking of allowing more of the backgrounds anyway.
Jul 22, 2020 2:58 pm
I have the big core book as well!
Jul 22, 2020 3:55 pm
I have the core rules as well
Jul 23, 2020 3:19 pm
wulfnor says:
I would be interested in playing in a Dragon Age game. I would like to play a Dalish Rogue Scout in particular!
So what type of PC are the rest of you going to be playing?
Jul 23, 2020 3:27 pm
While I'll play either of the 3, I was thinking of a Fighter. I'm not sure of the background though. I'll wait to see what's allowed.
Last edited July 23, 2020 3:27 pm
Jul 23, 2020 3:41 pm
Given the way i played the first video game, i'll probably be good with a Ranger !
Though, i'll have to look into the rulebook to see the full possibilities (i remember a sort of warrior mage being able to go halfway in an astral form, sounds like fun too).
Jul 23, 2020 4:43 pm
Delio says:
Given the way i played the first video game, i'll probably be good with a Ranger !
Delio, neither the video game and also the RPG have Rangers. The closest to it, is a Rogue Scout.
Jul 23, 2020 5:19 pm
Ah yes, Rogue. And then Duelist.

Good character :)
Jul 24, 2020 2:26 am
Some of you may find this interesting. As fate or coincidence would have it. I have just now made my first IC post in another Dragon Age game. That is on another RPG site. After a 16 day Application submitting period. My PC was one of the five chosen out of 18 that were submitted. The game is suppose to roughly follow the events that take place in Origins. Starting at Ostager, with the PCs being GW Recruits going out into the Korcari Wilds to collect vials of Darkspawn blood and the Ancient Grey Warden Treaties. We are using D & D 5e Rules to play it.
Last edited July 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Jul 24, 2020 3:59 am
Oh ghads I hate those -- submit your character with no guarantee you will get to play -- as if the person running that game was all that -- which most of the time they are not -- in fact they often are not even close or sometimes even worth a single submission. Most horrible method I have come across perpetuated by those who think they be hot stuff on silver platters when just cold stuff on a paper plate
Last edited July 24, 2020 3:59 am
Jul 24, 2020 6:55 am
There are a few RPG forum sites were such is standard operating procedure. Where there are way more players who want to play. Then there are games to play.
Last edited July 24, 2020 6:56 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.