INTEREST CHECK: Reign of the Kaiju (Savage Worlds)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 16, 2020 7:00 am
https://i.postimg.cc/ZYVwfbL7/BEAC6-D8-B-4674-4455-8-FC9-3-F65-B58-C4-B18.jpg

OH SHIT! Giant alien monsters have invaded the Earth! The world’s militaries are no match for them, and the giant robots of the UN Mecha Assault Force can’t defeat the extraterrestrials alone. But little do the invaders know that Earth already has its own gargantuan protectors! Some dwell deep in the sea. Others slumber inside volcanoes. And some live on forgotten jungle islands being worshipped as gods. With the fate of the world at stake, Earth’s kaiju champions heed the threat and gather to defend their territory (and their pet humans) from the alien menace. Atomic-powered reptiles, giant apes, oversized insects, and other titanic monstrosities ready themselves to battle other kaiju from space!!!

In the grand tradition of Godzilla, King Kong, Rampage, Pacific Rim, and similar tokusatsu franchises, players will take on the role of giant monsters called "kaiju" or "daikaiju". There was a time when you leveled cities, stomped on armies, swatted planes out of the sky, and sent people running and screaming by the millions. You were a true scourge of humanity, but now you’re the world’s greatest hope! Are you an ancient evolutionary superspecies leftover from prehistory? Were you created during a freak nuclear accident? Did scientists artificially engineer you in a laboratory? Who knows?! Does it really matter?!! You’re a giant monster!

All you need is access to the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. Once the game is created, there’ll be a thread for character creation rules and additional options. This game is intended to be a short one. I don’t see it lasting more than a few months. Looking for 4 to 6 players who can post at least a few times a week. Any takers?
Last edited August 17, 2020 6:04 pm
Aug 16, 2020 8:40 am
id be willing to play but would need to get the books
Aug 16, 2020 9:08 am
Hella interested, but I'm in 15+ games, so please take everyone else first.
Aug 16, 2020 1:00 pm
Haha I love this. I’m involved in too many games right now to join this, but I really wish I could.
Aug 16, 2020 3:52 pm
I'd like to join if you don't mind someone not very experienced with the system. :)
Aug 16, 2020 4:49 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
I'd like to join if you don't mind someone not very experienced with the system. :)
Not a problem. Savage Worlds is not a difficult system to learn. It’s not rules light but also not rules heavy. Very fast and flexible.
Aug 16, 2020 4:53 pm
evecar_solaris says:
id be willing to play but would need to get the books
It’s about $10 U.S. on DrivethruRPG. I wish there was a free QuickStart that I could refer you to, but at least the PDF isn’t too hard on the wallet.
Aug 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Got the book no problems. When do you plan to start?
Aug 16, 2020 8:42 pm
evecar_solaris says:
Got the book no problems. When do you plan to start?
Looks like we have three player so far. I’m waiting for at least one more. Ideally, a few more. As soon as I have enough people, I’ll start putting it together. Probably in the next few days.
Aug 16, 2020 8:55 pm
It can be a little quiet on the weekends. Some peeps only post from their work computer.
Aug 16, 2020 9:08 pm
Qralloq says:
It can be a little quiet on the weekends. Some peeps only post from their work computer.
Wait what? 😂
Aug 16, 2020 10:53 pm
Love SWorlds, love Kaiju, I'd love to join if you have room!!
Aug 16, 2020 11:29 pm
I’m interested if you’re happy with a novice player!
Aug 17, 2020 12:32 am
Qralloq says:
Now that you mention it, I have noticed that it gets a little inactive on weekends and then suddenly picks up on Mondays.
Last edited August 17, 2020 12:53 am
Aug 17, 2020 12:32 am
Ok great. That’s plenty of interest. I’ll start putting something together tonight.
Last edited August 17, 2020 1:38 am
Aug 17, 2020 3:33 am
If you have room for one more player, I'm down. Know and love the SWADE system, and interested in how it works in this kind of setting. Thanks,
Aug 17, 2020 2:18 pm
I've really been meaning to try Savage Worlds, and this game's premise makes me incredibly happy. Room for one more?
Aug 17, 2020 3:36 pm
I have not explored Savage Worlds but I would LOVE to do this. I have access to the Adventure Edition.

Gotta love you some Kaiju
Aug 17, 2020 5:46 pm
I will send out invites. I'm still posting information in the threads, so material with be forthcoming in the next day or so.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.