Anyone GM'ing Powered by the Apocalypse games?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 17, 2020 7:24 pm
Hi,

I'm interested in playing a PbtA game, in particular Monster of the Week, Blades in the Dark, or City of Mist, but it seems like no one runs that particular system here. Kinda surprising, as it would seem to gel better with the PbP style of gaming, being more narrative based, with less dice rolling.

Anywho, if anyone else is interested in running that system, I'm up for playing.

Thanks!
Aug 17, 2020 8:02 pm
There have been quite a few PbtA games, but I haven't seen any launch in a minute. I've played four or so games of it here, before they fell apart or came to an end: Masks, Legacy 2, Dungeon World.

That is to say, there are plenty of devotees here on GP.
Aug 17, 2020 9:37 pm
I'm playing in a Star Trek game using a pbta ruleset (Uncharted Worlds). Falconloft is the GM. I've played in a Dungeon World game on here too, but the gm disappeared, which was too bad because it had started really well. I agree, i like pbta for pbp. I've read up a lot about blades, but never played it. I think pbta games are less popular on gp than dnd and pathfinder, but definitely pop up occasionally.
Aug 18, 2020 3:49 am
There was a recent vote of interest for a City of Mist game, but haven't heard much in the past few weeks.
Aug 18, 2020 8:58 am
Could just be timing. I've played in 2 Dungeon World, am still going strong in Urban Shadows, ran a Shadowrun PbtA hack (almost considered using The Veil instead), all on GP.
Aug 26, 2020 5:30 pm
PbtA is just simply great for PbP gaming in my experience. :) I love many of the variants.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.