IC: Chapter I - The After-Glow...

Aug 26, 2020 4:34 pm
The pyre burns high and brightly throughout the night. A literal light in the darkness, much as the Company's resilience has proven to be.

And - while understandable - despite their great victory against the Shadow that evening, the Company was very subdued, with very few words spoken save for the dwarven troubadour's tune drifting through the camp. The need for physical and mental rest was insurmountable. And perhaps the battle with the Secret Shadow even bordered on traumatic in more than one way. With several significant physical injuries, and the ways in which the creature manipulated their senses and emotions.

But camp was made, wounds tended, and eventually everyone is able to drift off to sleep.

With the rising of the sun comes a reminder that they have the return journey to Esgaroth ahead of them. And the business of returning the relics they found in Leiknir manor to their patron. They'd found much, maybe even more than they expected? Perhaps even more than Leiknir might expect, as the man had expressed his hopes were not high.

It would soon be time to set off...
OOC:
Is there anything else you guys wanted to do here? Give me some narrative, if so.

And if not, we can talk IC and OOC about Journey roles, etc.
Aug 26, 2020 10:48 pm
OOC:
Ready to move. Have we slept sufficiently overnight to not be Exhausted?
Vidar slept through the remains of the night, slightly closer to the fire than perhaps he needed to be. His dreams were of triumph.
Aug 27, 2020 4:56 pm
OOC:
Yea, you guys can rest enough so that no one risks mechanical Exhaustion. The encounter/combat with the Secret Shadow only lasted a few minutes at most in game. Vidar was at risk because he didn't have anyone to trade off watches with, and was staying up until something happened, but he made his save so even with just the 4 or 5 hours sleep he might get after the fight, he's good. So everyone gets the benefits of a Short Rest.

Let's talk Journey, here were your Journey roles coming out. Did you want to make any changes going back?

Guide: Astrid
Hunter: Vidar
Lookout: Winfred
Scout: Finrod
Aug 28, 2020 10:34 am
OOC:
I'm happy to stay on Hunter but since lvl 2 I got Jack of All Trades and I'm better as a Scout (+3 stealth, +2 investigation) if Finrod wasn't keen on that choice
Aug 31, 2020 4:21 pm
OOC:
i not a clue, so i'm game where ever someone wants me
Aug 31, 2020 5:13 pm
OOC:
Think it makes sense for me to stay Guide.

Sorry I've been absent this past week, been a busy time at work but it's settled now.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.