An Unlikely Quest using...Quest

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 26, 2020 9:57 pm
OVERVIEW
An Unlikely Quest utilizes the game Quest. This is a rules-light narrative game that functions off of a single d20.

I won't give too much away about the setting as it is a bit of a surprise. However, the tone will range from humor to bits and pieces of terror. Think of it as a solid adventure/fantasy movie!

To further explain the setting...it draws inspiration from movies like The Neverending Story, The Chronicles of Narnia, Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Dark Crystal, and shows like Once Upon a Time and Supernatural. In some ways...it's a kitchen sink!

PLAYER CHARACTERS
Characters will be created using the very intuitive and neat little process provided in Quest. Your character is their own "fairy tale being" of sorts with their own story and from their own land/realm/world/plane.

You could be a citizen of Oz! Perhaps your character is from the Forgotten Realms, a Disney Movie. Maybe they're anthropomorphic! Could they be some kind of clockwork being? You have great freedom here.

Each character also takes on a "Role". These roles are like classes and come with their own abilities. If a "Role" doesn't suit you then you can pick and choose abilities or "Dual-Role."

The game does assume that your character is at least some type of up-and-coming hero and/or adventurer!

I'll supply the needed materials within the game! No worries!

Check out Quest RPG for more!

Happy gaming!
Last edited August 26, 2020 11:57 pm
Aug 26, 2020 10:17 pm
Your link is linking to this thread; is this the correct one? :)
The premise is fantastic and I love it, but I don't have the book and wasn't planning on buying any right now. But it would be nice to observe, if you wouldn't mind to have a spectator? I'd like to see how this system works, to maybe get it later!
Aug 26, 2020 11:57 pm
That is it!

I'm supplying the needed materials within the game.
Aug 27, 2020 2:19 am
I've been waiting to play this game since it was announced! Need another?
Aug 27, 2020 3:19 am
I am interested as well
Aug 27, 2020 4:21 am
When I saw this game I was quickly reminded of an old character of mine. The numbers don't mean anything but the description is beyond measure. I leave it here for all to peruse. The name is Stone Cold Sephian.

"Stone appears as a normal sized but very ugly human. He is not overly bulky but his maternal ancestry (Hill Giant) gives him a very dense body mass allowing for exceptional constitution. He has the brow line and chin of his mother and, when he allows them to show, fairly large wings from his father's side of the family (Sprite). Although he does not have the ability to cast spells he does have exceptional magic resistance extending far beyond that of dwarves. His wings, though more than vistigial, do not allow him to fly. His body density is much too high, but they are large enough to allow him to soar or glide. He has a good enough skill that he could fall from a cliff several hundred feet and soar to the ground below. He generally can be seen wearing the type of clothing that his mother's clan had adopted, basically discarded and stolen human odd pieces. When first seen he will be wearing a rather colorful array of orange and green vertically striped trousers, a crimson shirt many sizes too large with very baggy sleeves, a multi-colored vest again much too large so as to allow for his wings, and a puffy hat of silk and velvet colored a rich green with gold and silver artistic stitchery with a large green feather attached. This last is as much a tool used to cover his very faerie-like ears as it is decorative. His general demeanor favors his father's side of the family, very faerie like."

Let me know what you think of the character.
Aug 27, 2020 12:05 pm
Machiabelly says:
I am interested as well
Would love to have you. Can you apply to join or do I need to send out invites?
Aug 27, 2020 12:06 pm
Aldrusian says:
When I saw this game I was quickly reminded of an old character of mine. The numbers don't mean anything but the description is beyond measure. I leave it here for all to peruse. The name is Stone Cold Sephian.

"Stone appears as a normal sized but very ugly human. He is not overly bulky but his maternal ancestry (Hill Giant) gives him a very dense body mass allowing for exceptional constitution. He has the brow line and chin of his mother and, when he allows them to show, fairly large wings from his father's side of the family (Sprite). Although he does not have the ability to cast spells he does have exceptional magic resistance extending far beyond that of dwarves. His wings, though more than vistigial, do not allow him to fly. His body density is much too high, but they are large enough to allow him to soar or glide. He has a good enough skill that he could fall from a cliff several hundred feet and soar to the ground below. He generally can be seen wearing the type of clothing that his mother's clan had adopted, basically discarded and stolen human odd pieces. When first seen he will be wearing a rather colorful array of orange and green vertically striped trousers, a crimson shirt many sizes too large with very baggy sleeves, a multi-colored vest again much too large so as to allow for his wings, and a puffy hat of silk and velvet colored a rich green with gold and silver artistic stitchery with a large green feather attached. This last is as much a tool used to cover his very faerie-like ears as it is decorative. His general demeanor favors his father's side of the family, very faerie like."

Let me know what you think of the character.
What an awesome concept! I love it. Would love to have you play if you would like. :)
Aug 27, 2020 7:10 pm
TheFelMaestro says:
Machiabelly says:
I am interested as well
Would love to have you. Can you apply to join or do I need to send out invites?
If you link to the game I can apply, or you can invite
Aug 27, 2020 8:02 pm
TheFelMaestro says:
I'm supplying the needed materials within the game.
Oh, that's great! If you still have space for more players, I'd like to join in too then! Or whenever you'll need backup. :)
(I can also play support characters if you need any? I like playing non-party characters. :P)
Aug 27, 2020 9:12 pm
Got you in! Nah, go ahead and play a full-on character. :) It's super easy.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.