Add NPC to multiple games

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 28, 2016 3:30 pm
I am about to start running Lost Mine of Phandelver again, so I'll have two instances running with two different groups. In the first game I made some NPCs so I could post as them when appropriate and I wondered if there was a way to add them to the second game too. I could obviously just make a second copy of each of them, but if there is an easier way that would be great.
Mar 28, 2016 3:51 pm
Unfortunately, that functionality doesn't exist right now. I never considered reusing NPCs in the original development, but it was brought up a bit ago, and I've been thinking about how to proceed with NPCs in general. I'm thinking about removing the restriction on NPCs only being applied to one game, but I want to pursue the "Quick NPC" idea further; not needing a full character sheet, something that can be thrown into any game.
Mar 28, 2016 3:57 pm
That sounds good too, essentially a Stat Block in D&D 5E.
Mar 28, 2016 3:59 pm
In fact, thinking about it that sounds even better. I could load up all of the monsters the players might encounter so that I don't need to refer to the books. It would make working on my phone much easier!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.