LFP: Goblins, those poor ol' souls...bless 'em.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 4, 2020 1:03 am
Hello! This is an interest check and simultaneous recruitment thread for a Savage Worlds Adventure Edition game I'm going to try and run here. The setting was for an older edition of the rules system, but I'll be running it with the latest edition rules, which luckily convert very easily from the old. Regardless, this is of no real concern for you as a potential player...read on. :)

https://i.imgur.com/sXMaT7G.jpg

Setting Primer
For time immemorial, goblins have been mercilessly hunted down and killed by the so-called "civilized" humans, slaughtered in droves for the entertainment of bloodthirsty adventurers. But everyone has their limits, even the underdogs.

The pathetic goblins who eke out a living near the human lands are weak and timid, the aggression bred out of them through generations of culling, with only the most cowardly among them managing to survive. But the feral goblins of the western tribes are another matter entirely, as the rapidly encroaching scourge of human civilization is about to discover.

Player Characters
"Saga of the Goblin Horde" is a setting that focuses on a fairly small geographical area. The campaign follows a great war between humans and goblins, described from the goblin perspective.

The players take on the role of goblinoid bosses, leading their gangs into battle against the human scourge, but as the story unfolds the stakes keep rising, and some surprising secrets are revealed.

This setting was originally created for Savage Worlds Deluxe, but I have taken some steps to update it within the game forum here to the latest of Savage Worlds called Savage Worlds Adventure Edition.

The necessary materials will be supplied within, but a copy of SWADE is recommended. :)

Tone & Goals
The tone of the game is somewhere between dark humor and grit. I mean, we are dealing with goblins and goblin-kin here. My goals for running this game were 1) to learn more about running a game here on GP and 2) to introduce anyone new to Savage Worlds to the system. However, if you're an experienced savage world's player then come on. :)

WARNING
Don't read up on "Saga of the Goblin Horde" for your own enjoyment. Just a spoiler. The setting has been out for a while and there is a good bit out there, however I would encourage you not to read anything beyond this and just enjoy it as it comes to you.

Either way! Thanks for stopping by and considering this. It's my first game here. *Fingers crossed.*
Last edited September 4, 2020 1:40 am
Sep 4, 2020 1:07 am
Hmm Rather interesting. I haven't done much with Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, but I might an older version of it. I'm not really sure.
Sep 4, 2020 2:14 am
GeneCortess says:
Hmm Rather interesting. I haven't done much with Savage Worlds Adventure Edition, but I might an older version of it. I'm not really sure.
It's not a big deal if you don't have the latest edition or any edition. If you think it's a game you would like then just let me know either way. :)
Sep 4, 2020 2:20 am
I’d be up for it. I’m pretty new to Savage worlds, but am learning for another game already.
Sep 4, 2020 2:24 am
LeftyLovecraft says:
I’d be up for it. I’m pretty new to Savage worlds, but am learning for another game already.
Great to hear! Neat that you're already learning it for another game. It's a wonderfully flexible system. I'll send you an invite when I have it ready. Thanks!
Sep 4, 2020 7:26 am
Hi!

I would be interested too. I have read the SWADE manual and I am eager to test this system. I have PBP experience but in other communities, it would be my first game here at Gamer's Plane.
Sep 4, 2020 7:49 am
This has a strong Goblins life seen through their eyes kind of vibe. I have been reading that comic for years, and it would really influence my game were I to participate. Unfortunately, I don't have the headspace for a new game system at this time. I want to learn Savage Worlds, but now is not the time.
Sep 4, 2020 11:14 am
gnomius says:
Hi!

I would be interested too. I have read the SWADE manual and I am eager to test this system. I have PBP experience but in other communities, it would be my first game here at Gamer's Plane.
Awesome! I'd love to have you.
Sep 4, 2020 11:15 am
runekyndig says:
This has a strong Goblins life seen through their eyes kind of vibe. I have been reading that comic for years, and it would really influence my game were I to participate. Unfortunately, I don't have the headspace for a new game system at this time. I want to learn Savage Worlds, but now is not the time.
I understand completely. Maybe some other time then. I would like to try and run a few others down the road, but I'm playing in potentially two games now and running this one. So, I'm going to have to hold up and not get spread too thin. :)
Sep 4, 2020 12:03 pm
runekyndig says:
This has a strong Goblins life seen through their eyes kind of vibe. I have been reading that comic for years...
I read that comic for a long time, too, but got lost eventually. The humor was excellent.

As to the interest check, I'm familiar with SW and SWADE, running a few games here. I'm in 13 games here, I think, so please take anyone else first if you need an extra player (I don't want to hog games), but I'm interested (if you need an extra body to launch).
Sep 4, 2020 12:10 pm
Qralloq says:
runekyndig says:
This has a strong Goblins life seen through their eyes kind of vibe. I have been reading that comic for years...
I read that comic for a long time, too, but got lost eventually. The humor was excellent.

As to the interest check, I'm familiar with SW and SWADE, running a few games here. I'm in 13 games here, I think, so please take anyone else first if you need an extra player (I don't want to hog games), but I'm interested (if you need an extra body to launch).
I sure appreciate that. I'll let you know. Wow! 13 games. My mind would implode! lol Nice going!! haha
Sep 4, 2020 12:15 pm
I'm curious about this game. I've tried both goblin and savage world game before but they fizzled out before starting.

What kind of power level are you thinking? Would the player be all in the same tribe or have each there own group?
Sep 4, 2020 3:02 pm
TheVagrant says:
I'm curious about this game. I've tried both goblin and savage world game before but they fizzled out before starting.

What kind of power level are you thinking? Would the player be all in the same tribe or have each there own group?
Hi. Players would start out at the Novice level and work from there. You will all be a part of the Redfang clan.
Sep 6, 2020 3:19 pm
Got room for ONE MORE PLAYER, if anyone wants dibs. :)
Sep 15, 2020 7:52 am
Hi, fellow players and GM. It seems our game forum is gone, isn't it? What happened?
Sep 15, 2020 11:52 am
Oh, indeed it has! What the heck, not cool. I was looking forward to playing this. Hopefully just a mistake.
Sep 15, 2020 5:35 pm
Savage has disappeared from multiple games unfortunately. So i dont think its a mistake :X
Sep 15, 2020 5:36 pm
It was a cool setup. Too bad he bailed.
Sep 15, 2020 7:29 pm
Ah, bummer. Mayhap someone else will carry the (goblin) torch.
Sep 19, 2020 12:34 pm
I suspect this the same person that started an ETU game back in May. About a week or two in... Poof! Gone! Same thing on one of the other PbP sites.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.