Recruitment: World/Dimension-Hopping Campaign

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 7, 2020 6:39 pm
Paracosms and Rinds is hounding for players. Charmed by the idea of an omniversal world/dimension hopping campaign with few limits on character creation? Paracosms and Rings might be your gimcrack.

I had some folks lined up but, as many of you are fully aware, once communication ends it's safe to assume you'll be needing new players.

Anyhoot, check out the main page for influences and a so-far rather vague introduction (purposefully vague, of course). We'll be using the HeroQuest 2nd/QuestWorlds system, which can be found in SRD format online.
Sep 8, 2020 10:16 pm
This sounds really interesting. The system is completely new to me but I'm always willing to learn. I'm not sure what player modeling means, though. And when you say players will have access to a character pool, does that mean we should expect fairly regular character deaths?
Sep 8, 2020 11:03 pm
Hey FoxRafter, thanks for expressing interest in Paracosms and Rinds. Players will randomly roll up springboard traits and concepts, from there they will model just how those concepts web together in forming a cognizant character; for example, one might choose to roll three random traits, receiving Boorish, Slug-rider, and Fear of the horizon: how can these work together? What do these mean? Do they draw inspiration or do you need to dip again, rolling another random trait? Sometimes the template arrives easily, other times it is best to try your luck again.

The Character Pool does not quantify an uptick in character deaths; it is a narrative tool and interesting mechanism that another role-playing game I once played implemented and from it great joy was derived.
Sep 8, 2020 11:06 pm
Essentially there's an immeasurable amount of freedom with character modeling based on random traits.
Sep 8, 2020 11:42 pm
Ok that sounds awesome. I'm going to send you a request to join now.
Sep 9, 2020 12:15 am
Terrific. Proceed to the Character Creation thread in Forums and we'll go from there.
Sep 9, 2020 12:26 am
Love me some random rolls, and universe hopping. I'd be interested in joining up.
Sep 9, 2020 12:27 am
Great. Once you're in, head over to the Character Creation thread.
Sep 14, 2020 7:17 am
Universe hopping is a thing I am also doing. I will look into this.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.