Re-Recruiting: Lancers FATE Core Space Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 9, 2020 12:34 am
Looking for up to 3 more players to join our team of troubleshooters with loose government authority, like the Pinkertons in the old west without the corruption and racketeering. We'll use Fate Accelerated Edition.

Inspirations are in the vein of Killjoys, The Mandalorian, Firefly, and the Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers.

Setting in brief:
= = = = = = = = = =
63 worlds throughout the Cluster participate in the Accord. Each planet has its own government and legal system, with the Assembly enforcing the agreed upon rules of commerce and travel between them, and in open space.

Per the Accord, anyone may hire a trained, elite member or team of members of empowered agents for hire who bear the power of Law and the guarantees of Bond.

Some teams are the Good Guys, some are mercenary, some are thugs who nonetheless uphold the Accords. Like the Freelancers of old, except their services are never free. When help is needed, when there is a job to be done, The Contract is the Covenant. Contact the Lancers.
= = = = = = = = = =

I am a very rules lite, "System Kinda Matters, But Rules Need To Shut Up When Awesome Is Happening" GM. That does not mean this is a full sandbox, just that there is a lot of room inside the fairly loose scenarios prepared for players to do their thing.

Using Fate Accelerated, characters will be built on an expected High Concept, Trouble, and 3 aspects each with directly related stunt.

Players will design many aspects on their own. Alien Races, planetary cultures, etc, can be submitted as part of the setting and I will work them in.

Tone will be kept in the areas noted above as inspirations. This team of Lancers are the Good Guys, at least as much as Din Djarin or Mal Reynolds.Players will be encouraged to add to setting and scenes collaboratively.

It will be decided as a group whether you want me to offer you Contracts to choose from, or assign them on "Current episode" basis between each arc.

My GM style is cinematic and cooperative, with a lot of Yes, AND! and Yes, BUT! style improv amid the group encouraged. Expect puns and humor and some silliness/cheesiness amidst the action, adventure, and drama.

No set pace, but I will poke anyone who has not responded in 5 days before narrating or off-screening them, then writing them out if they remain silent for a second "move".
Sep 9, 2020 10:37 pm
I am very interested. I have been hoping for a game just like this, it sounds like fun.
I can post a couple times a day.
Last edited September 9, 2020 10:39 pm
Sep 10, 2020 2:45 am
Welcome, PhoenixScientist. That's much faster than most of the remaining players. :) Every couple of days is the current pace with RL causing some slightly longer delays. If you are still interested, I'll send an invite. :)
Dec 2, 2020 2:33 pm
I'd potentially be interested--but just because I'm dense:
"Per the Accord, anyone may hire a trained, elite member or team of members of empowered agents for hire who bear the power of Law and the guarantees of Bond."

Would all PCs be licensed agents of the same Pinkerton-like company who were assigned together to work on a job, or would they be a mixture of independent teams/lone sheriffs hired by the same client and working toward the same goal but otherwise unaffiliated? (I'd be interested either way, but that might influence how I design my character).
Dec 2, 2020 4:46 pm
This sounds like a blast! I’ve never played FATE and I’m new to pbp, but I’m a quick study. Any interest in taking on a noob?
Last edited December 2, 2020 4:46 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.