Character Discussion

Jan 15, 2015 3:53 am
Post your character thoughts here. Remember that we are all playing as Neovictorians of lower or servant class. I am okay with Automatons and Misbegotten but the whole group shouldn't be such things. I may also be okay with an upper class character but we would have to discuss that. For now please post what you would like to play and we will go from there.
Jan 19, 2015 9:11 pm
I know Earthtaz is going with a doll, but I have not heard anything else. Please post your thoughts and/or progress for me.
Jan 20, 2015 5:07 am
Alright Taz has helped me out a bit. But I was confused on a couple of things and he was not sure either. What do we start with for equipment or weaponry? Also how to calculate health and fate pool.
Jan 20, 2015 5:34 pm
Great question, feel free to post any other questions or your general idea here so I know what I am working with.

Cash and Equipment
All characters begin play with wealth according to
their home culture (see Cultures, p.172). On top
of this they will have a suit of clothes suitable for
their culture (adapted to the dictates of fashion and
personal style, of course), a single weapon of their
choice and five other items of equipment associated
with their profession and past life. It is assumed
that most characters left their home culture leaving
most of their worldly goods behind, but they are
likely to have taken the items that meant the most
to them, whether that was their toolkit, favorite
guitar or great-grandfather’s speaking pocket watch.
No character is likely to begin rich, no matter what
their home circumstances may have been, or they are
unlikely to have become a pirate. The GM has the last
word in what is acceptable starting equipment, but
the chances are, if you can’t carry it, you can’t have it.
Jan 20, 2015 5:41 pm
Health
Health = Fortitude +2.
$is is a measure of how much damage you can
take until you are battered unconscious or killed. It
is represented on the character sheet by a number of
dice, each with two pips. Every character has a base
of 2 “dice” of health plus the bonus dice from their
Fortitude bonus. When your character is injured
during play, the pips on these dice are ticked o(. Once
a character runs out of these dice, pips are ticked o(the
four shaded dice instead. At this point, the character
starts to take penalties to actions to represent the
pain and shock of the wounds taken. $e penalty is
noted on each of the four dice (-2, -4, -8, -16) and is
taken from all the character’s dice pools. When all of
a character’s Health pips have been crossed out, he or
she is dead, or nearly so.
Characters with a negative Fortitude subtract the
Attribute value from the base 2 Health dice. So a
character with a -2 Fortitude has no Health dice
and marks o( the shaded dice as soon as they are
wounded. A character with -3 Fortitude su(ers a
constant penalty to all actions (even when in perfect
health) due to frailty.
Jan 24, 2015 7:20 pm
Hippo's char is a lower class inventor, and Jons Char will be completed on Monday night.
Jan 25, 2015 10:08 pm
Austins char is done he is lower class gadgeteer
Jan 26, 2015 3:00 pm
Sounds good. Looking forward to playing. Anyway you can get these guys to copy/paste the characters into a custom sheet using the character creation system on the site. It would be very helpful for me to see the characters.
Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm
Slapped mine in and submitted it
Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm
jolly good show. Approved
Jan 29, 2015 5:53 pm
You got a preferred time to start? I can pass it on to the others
Jan 29, 2015 6:01 pm
Usually I aim for about 6, but I am not sure, might have to be more like 7-730 this week. I wasn't originally expecting Thursday so I hadn't planned for it. I will let you or Eric know as soon as I do have a time.
Jan 29, 2015 11:20 pm
I would like to welcome Kenny Gardner to our game. He heard about Gamer's Plane through RPG Academy and decided to join our game. We are going to have to start creating a character for you. Sometime tonight I will post some character concepts for you. We can then decide which one appeals to you and we can create the character together or I can create a character for you if you are willing to play it.
Jan 31, 2015 6:23 am
http://i.imgur.com/F6OBeLw.jpg?1 http://i.imgur.com/PRj3mIg.jpg?1

Page one and 2 of my sheet. Scanned it because I like writing on a sheet and did not want to retype it here. Hopefully it will work. If not, then I will type it down here. So just paste them into your search and hopefully you will get it.
Feb 4, 2015 8:09 pm
What system is this? And when are you available to skype so we can talk about character stuff.
Last edited February 4, 2015 8:12 pm
Feb 5, 2015 3:24 am
Okey, I figured out what the system Airship Pirates is, so I have my character sheet. Now I just need help filling it out.
Feb 5, 2015 12:04 pm
I will gladly help you, but unfortunately I feel like weekends might be impossible for this group to manage. We would love to have you but we may not be able to schedule in such a way that works for you. If you think you can manage Tuesdays or if I find a way to make Saturday work then we could go ahead with you in the game. I will post some character background options for you shortly. Your culture will be Neovictorian and your class will be lower or servant. I will post the options for background for those culture and you can tell me what you want to play, from there we can start statting you up.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.