Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 29, 2016 10:42 pm
Hi,

I am mostly a gm in the campaigns I play face to face, and thought play-by-post could be a okay substitute in order to play more games. Found out about the site from a podcast. I would be overjoyed if somebody started some Eclipse Phase, but I am a big fan of fantasy as well.
Mar 29, 2016 10:54 pm
Welcome Doomlord! I started playing by post when I was no longer near my gaming group to play over the table. Almost 25 years later and I'm still loving it!
Mar 29, 2016 10:54 pm
Howdy and welcome to GP! I also am a recent podcast-based convert, and there's a TON here to enjoy!
Mar 29, 2016 11:01 pm
Hey doomlord and welcome! Mind if I ask what podcast brought you over?

Eclipse Phase is a game I've heard referenced a lot, but I've never played! It's a relatively simple character sheet, right? If we can get some interested players (easy to do) and a GM (harder to do, heh), I'd be glad to add it to the systems on GP! Any particular fantasy you've got your eye on?
Mar 29, 2016 11:07 pm
Howdy! As a relatively new person let me just say that the crowd here is welcoming, active, and lots of fun so far!
Mar 29, 2016 11:20 pm
Delve ep 54, over at madadventurers.com
I usually don't listen to that one, prefering stories of the fifth age. I haven't got the book for eclipse yet, but i love reading sci-fi, and eyeing through it at a bookstore, the setting struck a chord. I love epic fantasy the most of the fantay genres, and my favorite system for fantasy right now is d&d 5e.
Mar 29, 2016 11:22 pm
Well, 6e is definitely popular right now, so hopefully a new game or apot will pop up soon!
Mar 29, 2016 11:39 pm
Keleth says:
Well, 6e is definitely popular right now, so hopefully a new game or apot will pop up soon!
6e? You must be WAY ahead for development work! :D
Mar 30, 2016 12:04 am
Welcome and enjoy unlimited gaming.
Mar 30, 2016 12:16 am
Hello and welcome.
Mar 30, 2016 1:27 am
Howdy and welcome aboard the crazy train
Mar 30, 2016 2:27 am
Welcome!
Mar 30, 2016 4:46 am
Welcome. I'm not familiar with Eclipse -- looks like a new gaming system for me to buy and read! yay!
Mar 30, 2016 1:43 pm
Welcome!

Eclipse Phase looks very interesting...I think I'm gonna have to pick it up and give it a look.
Mar 30, 2016 2:37 pm
Keleth says:
Hey doomlord and welcome! Mind if I ask what podcast brought you over?

Eclipse Phase is a game I've heard referenced a lot, but I've never played! It's a relatively simple character sheet, right? If we can get some interested players (easy to do) and a GM (harder to do, heh), I'd be glad to add it to the systems on GP! Any particular fantasy you've got your eye on?
Since a player's identity is digitally an Ego. Plus a Morph (Body) that might be a syth or bio based, that you can switch out... the short answer is no, I kept a multi-tabbed spreadsheet so I knew what I had on me in various bodies on various planets. It is an interesting and fun system plus Flexbot is best bot (Transformer!) but in my opinion breaks the game a lot.
Apr 8, 2016 6:12 am
Hi there!
Well, well... One of the reasons I joined here was to look for people who wanted to join into an Eclipse Phase game, albeit one using the FATE rules for it, called Transhumanity's Fate. If anyone's interested, drop me a note. I also just started my own introductions thread. Cheers, and happy gaming!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.