IC: Sci-Fi one-shot using Five by Five.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 27, 2020 10:12 pm
Hey everyone,

There was a discussion about having your players have amnesia on the Discord which, for some reason, inspired me, and I worked on a one-shot adventure which relies on just that.

The setting will be some sort of generic Sci-Fi (with details purposefully left vague so players can have their say in the world-building).

Basically, the players will wake up form extended cry sleep from some sort of alarm, with no memory of who they are, where they are, and what they are capable of. Will the players manage to regain their memory quickly enough to solve whatever problem caused the alarm?

For character creation, I'm thinking of allowing players make a background for their characters, and I'll assigne traits which will make sense for the character's background. There will be roles which will need filling up, like pilot, doctor, captain, etc.

This game will be using Five by Five. version 3. Scroll down until you see this guy:
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r5W-z4rKRLE/UvlV2fA5mcI/AAAAAAAABUg/uCSYGDZQgNM/s1600/5x5v3.jpg
Sep 27, 2020 11:02 pm
This game sounds like a show on the SyFy channel a couple of years ago. Several people woke up on a space ship with no memory of who they were so named themselves with numbers in the order they woke up. They all had criminal records. You remember it?
Sep 27, 2020 11:05 pm
That was Dark Matter. Three glorious seasons of Canadian SF magic.
Sep 28, 2020 2:45 pm
Qralloq says:
That show was awesome! I had hoped it would last longer. I'm game to join up, if there's an open slot.
Sep 28, 2020 4:18 pm
Squadfather44 says:
Qralloq says:
That show was awesome! I had hoped it would last longer. I'm game to join up, if there's an open slot.
So far, you're the only one who showed interest.
Sep 28, 2020 5:55 pm
I'm very interested. I have a faible for sci-fi.

P.S.:
The system looks fun. I like it :D
Last edited September 28, 2020 6:04 pm
Sep 28, 2020 11:01 pm
So far that's 2 potential players. I'd need at least two more to start the game.
Sep 28, 2020 11:28 pm
I have hesitated, but only because I've joined a few games recently and don't want to be a game hog. I'm always interested in trying new games with you, Kalajel.
Sep 28, 2020 11:45 pm
I understand. I'll try and leave a spot open for you if you want.
Sep 28, 2020 11:55 pm
You bet. If there's room, I'll play. (But don't boot anyone else to save my spot.)
Oct 1, 2020 9:36 am
A SciFi game I was in has just stopped, I am interested in joining this one if slots are still available. But, wait... I don't remember who I am ...
Oct 1, 2020 9:39 am
Also curious about this D5 devilry!
Oct 1, 2020 10:30 am
Thanks Dr_B. I still have a few slot available.

I'll probably be busy in the few following days, but once I have time, I'll go ahead and set up the game thread. In the mean time, this'll give a bit more time for other potentially interested players to join...
Oct 7, 2020 7:57 pm
I will up this thread as one of my players had to suddenly quit because of of an sudden increase of work. So if you are interested, please say so. I'm looking for a doctor/medical type character.
Oct 7, 2020 8:07 pm
Michabelly showed interest. Thank you Machiabelly. My game is full again.
Last edited October 7, 2020 8:07 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.