Looking for players - Legacy Campaign [Custom]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 28, 2020 4:27 pm
Hello!
My legacy campaign about a family with penchant for attracting monsters and occult beings is lacking a player for the new generation. If you'd like to wander around an abandoned mansion full of mysteries and riddles, fight alien monsters from another world and search for powerful heirlooms left by your ancestors, I invite you to the Ravenwraith Manor! Delve into the story of the family manor to discover origins of the curse haunting its grounds, and achieve triumph over it - or find your demise.

"You stand before massive cast iron gates. Ravens sitting on the walls glance down at you, their eyes boring into your soul, as you contemplate the sight behind the bars. Above the tree tops of a cowered in shadows garden, you can see your destination, the sole reason why you ventured into these lands of mires and thunderstorms - the manor. Your ancestor, the one who previously held the deed, disappeared only a month ago, but the building already looks uninhabited. What's worse, it looks haunted - you can't help but shiver at the sight of its facade, empty windows stating back at you.

But the manor is your heritage. It's been in the family for generations, and no matter how many of the locals call it cursed and how many of its owners disappeared, no one ever tries to get rid of it. And it isn't important what brought you here besides the will of your ancestor - be it family heirlooms, history book, wealth of the past or hidden occult mysteries, - now you are here.
And every raven around calls out in the foggy morning, sincerely welcoming you to the Ravenwraith Manor."

Core Mechanics
- This game consist of a number of one/two players mini-campaigns, with a timeskip between each of them.
- Players represent members of a noble family who end up with the deed to the manor and get pulled into the mysterious happening in the said manor, with each new player being a descendant of the previous one.
- The game keeps the changes between playthroughs - for example, if the ancestor blew up one wing of the building, it'll stay damaged. And if the ancestor signed a deal with a local cult, their descendant will have to deal with the cult as well. Besides story elements, the descendants can benefit from their ancestor's experience - or inherit a curse, it goes both ways. The important items are also passed as heirlooms, some straight to the new character, and some they will be able to find in the manor.

Genre
As you probably can see, this is a mystery, horror and (kinda) comedy mix. It's not supposed to be too serious and grim all the time - simply because I wouldn't be able to hold the atmosphere constantly, - but neither it's just a light-hearted adventure. It will probably depend on the players a great deal as well.
The setting is a vague light-fantasy world - there certainly is magic, but it's not widely spread, and technology is something that is more common. The characters will have firearms like revolvers and magical swords, there are cars - but so are carriages, - and spellbooks, but the magic in general is regarded with more skepticism and/or awe.

System
Since this is more story-focused than tactical - more than half of the family members probably wouldn't have to wrestle an angry squid monster, - it uses a homebrew numbers-light system. Its main features are as follows:
- Attributes represent the number of dice that you roll. Dice are d3s.
- Skills, traits and items are passive effects, usually flat bonuses to the rolls of corresponding skills.
- For each one character there will be at least one mini-timeskip during their time in the manor, during which they can heal and add small improvement to the manor. This is done mostly for the sake of giving characters time to live in the manor.
- Each finished campaign will reward (among other things) victory points, which will go into legacy improvements. After player is done with their campaign, they can describe what their character ended up doing after the campaign and use victory points to modify the manor, improve relations, craft items.

But as the blood and wealth of the family grow stronger, so does the threat. Something looms over the manor, and the end approaches slowly - but surely...

If this premise interests you, let me know! Ravenwraith Manor is ready to welcome a new Ravenwraith. :)
Sep 28, 2020 4:40 pm
I played the first generation in this game and it was really great so I can only recommend the game (although if nobody is interested, maybe I can convince Flying to just let me play the second generation myself, so: Nobody apply! xD)

If you're interested in exploring a spooky mansion, dealing with a variety of strange factions and people and also encountering some horror aspects, this is the game for you.
Sep 28, 2020 4:47 pm
I am very interested. This sounds incredibly fun. I like the idea of it being more story focused than tactical, and being a number's light system. Count me in!
Sep 29, 2020 2:40 am
You have clearly never seen my Scooby Doo Lego shelf. Or my work phone, or my work computer ...

Mansion? Check! Mystery? Check! Antics? Check!

I could be down for something like this.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.