Interest Check: Eclipse Phase

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 30, 2020 12:07 pm
Your mind is software. Program it.
Your body is a shell. Change it.
Death is a disease. Cure it.
Extinction is approaching. Fight it.

We humans have a special way of pulling ourselves up and kicking ourselves down at the same time. We’d achieved more progress than ever before, at the cost of wrecking our planet and destabilizing our own governments. But things were starting to look up.
With exponentially accelerating technologies, we reached out into the solar system, terraforming worlds and seeding new life. We re-forged our bodies and minds, casting off sickness and death. We achieved immortality through the digitization of our minds, resleeving from one biological or synthetic body to the next at will. We uplifted animals and AIs to be our equals. We acquired the means to build anything we desired from the molecular level up, so that no one need want again.
Yet our race toward extinction was not slowed, and in fact received a machine-assist over the precipice. Billions died as our technologies rapidly bloomed into something beyond control... further transforming humanity into something else, scattering us throughout the solar system, and reigniting vicious conflicts. Nuclear strikes, biowarfare plagues, nanoswarms, mass uploads... a thousand horrors nearly wiped humanity from existence.
We still survive, divided into a patchwork of restrictive inner system hypercorp-backed oligarchies and libertarian outer system collectivist habitats, tribal networks, and new experimental societal models. We have spread to the outer reaches of the solar system and even gained footholds in the galaxy beyond. But we are no longer solely "human"... we have evolved into something simultaneously more and different - something transhuman.
https://cannibalhalflinggaming.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/eclipsephase_cover_phs-e1491924239883.jpg?w=672&h=372&crop=1
TL;DR: Space! Brain uploading! Cosmic horror!
I plan on running one of the premade scenarios, Continuity. If there's interest, I'd be willing to run a couple more. Several premades will be provided for those who don't wish to create their own characters.
I expect the story to advance roughly twice a week, however that will depend on the everyone's schedules. I would be available daily to answer questions, though.
Quick-Start Rules
Core Rulebook

Edit: Seems like the game is full. If anyone drops, I'll reopen it for application
Last edited September 30, 2020 4:50 pm
Sep 30, 2020 12:51 pm
I would definitely be interested in this. I bought the book not too long ago and I really like the world.
Sep 30, 2020 1:11 pm
This looks very interesting. Sounds like Altered Carbon almost.
Sep 30, 2020 1:11 pm
You already know I'm interested, but I'll confirm it here
Sep 30, 2020 1:17 pm
Fox, you're right! IIRC the developers mentioned Cortical Stacks being lifted pretty much wholesale from Altered Carbon.
Sep 30, 2020 1:40 pm
I'd be interested if you have any open slots
Sep 30, 2020 2:58 pm
Wexon says:
Fox, you're right! IIRC the developers mentioned Cortical Stacks being lifted pretty much wholesale from Altered Carbon.
Damn that’s awesome. Well colour me interested :D
Sep 30, 2020 4:09 pm
Definite interest! I've wanted to play in this setting for years.
Sep 30, 2020 4:58 pm
Invites were sent to all of you. Further application is closed for the time being
Sep 30, 2020 5:08 pm
Bangs head on glass. "Let me in!"

Just kidding, hope your game is great. If you make it public, let me know, I'd like to see this great setting in action.
Last edited September 30, 2020 5:09 pm
Sep 30, 2020 5:44 pm
It is set to public. Hope you enjoy the show! :)
Sep 30, 2020 5:45 pm
Ah sad, I don't think I got invited. But I shall definitely watch.
Sep 30, 2020 6:15 pm
Actually, you were. Did you not get the invite?
Sep 30, 2020 6:24 pm
Wexon says:
Actually, you were. Did you not get the invite?
I am not seeing it, and I looked everywhere.... let me double check.
Sep 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Tellensnake, go to this link. This is how you can join the game. https://gamersplane.com/games/2806/
Last edited September 30, 2020 6:26 pm
Sep 30, 2020 6:28 pm
Wexon says:
It is set to public. Hope you enjoy the show! :)
Excellent. Could you past a link to the forums? (The link isn't shown on the Game Details page to non-participants.)
Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm
Moonbeam says:
Tellensnake, go to this link. This is how you can join the game. https://gamersplane.com/games/2806/
Thank you for saving me from my own noobishness!
Sep 30, 2020 6:47 pm
It's not your fault. :) The invites often end up delayed, depending on your email provider, so it's usually easier to just watch the "Latest Games" section in the left side bar of the home page, or for the GM to post a little bit to the game details page in the interest check.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.