OOC Thread.

Oct 2, 2020 5:05 am
This thread is made to avoid clogging up the main game thread with OOC discussions.
Oct 2, 2020 5:34 pm
Just out of curiosity, to see if I set my permissions right, everyone can see their own secret section and none of the other player's secret sections?
Oct 2, 2020 5:43 pm
I can only see mine.
Oct 2, 2020 5:52 pm
Good.
Oct 2, 2020 6:12 pm
Same
Oct 2, 2020 6:16 pm
yes just mine here, too
Oct 2, 2020 9:44 pm
Same here.
Oct 2, 2020 11:17 pm
Cool. It seems I did everything correctly then.
Oct 3, 2020 12:18 pm
I kept looking for the invite on the site and not my email; how quickly my brain loses information it should already know.

I can see there are threads but they all say no post.
Oct 3, 2020 1:22 pm
Welcome Fox. Yeah, since you had not accepted the invite yet, I could not set your permissions. I'll go ahead and take care of that now...
Oct 4, 2020 7:16 pm
By the way, I don't see any of the threads now, including mine.
Oct 4, 2020 7:58 pm
I still see my secret thread, just fyi
Oct 4, 2020 8:17 pm
Qralloq says:
I still see my secret thread, just fyi
Me too! Just my secret thread which is how it's supposed to work, I think
Last edited October 4, 2020 8:18 pm
Oct 4, 2020 9:16 pm
FoxRafer says:
By the way, I don't see any of the threads now, including mine.
Should be fixed.
Oct 4, 2020 11:28 pm
I wanted to keep everyone informed on the progress.

I have 1 trouble and a few [No]vice traits left to assign. But everything else is pretty much done. We should definitely be able to officially start this game at some point during the week.
Oct 4, 2020 11:50 pm
Yeah. Looking forward to it
Oct 5, 2020 11:29 pm
Good news, today was a relatively slow work day and I got really inspired for some odd reason sitting at work with very little to do... So I've completed all the character sheets. I've taken some liberties with the traits, some are a bit broader than I'd normally allow in games, but given the one-shot nature of the game, and the fact that rolling might allow you to recover your memories faster, I think it'll be okay.

Also, given the fact that you had little input on your character creation, and still want you to feel some level of attachment to your characters and/or the game. I was thinking of getting you involved to fill in details or minor plot developments. For example I might say: Looks like a critical component of your FTL drive has burnt out! What's the name of that components, and how many hours do you think it'll take you to fix it?" That's your cue to take some narrative control and go crazy with your techno-babble.

I'm trying something, not sure if it'll work, but hopefully we'll all have fun.

Last thing I really need to do right now is redraw a diagram of the ship. I'm not too happy with the original one I've made, and since I got caught up in finishing the characters early, I think I can afford to take some time to re-work that.
Oct 5, 2020 11:34 pm
Cool with me!
Oct 6, 2020 1:43 am
Sounds neat. Looking forwards to the game.
Oct 6, 2020 2:09 am
This is a really cool idea; looking forward to playing!
Oct 6, 2020 4:36 pm
I'm submit a character sheet with an avatar shortly and then begin postings.
Oct 7, 2020 1:21 am
saevikas says:
OOC:
Just submitted my character. Added that she has a prosthetic arm, since it fits in with both the art that I found and her background. Hopefully that's okay.
Not gonna lie, the mechanical arm surprised me a bit as I had already prepared something else for the "accident" in your background, but it's fine. It could have been a really bad accident...
Oct 7, 2020 2:34 am
I'm fine if the traits are also related to the accident, since the arm is mostly dressing. Pile it on. I can take it.
Last edited October 7, 2020 2:34 am
Oct 7, 2020 2:05 pm
A bit of bad news, squadfather44 has bowed out as his work load has suddenly increased. Not sure if I should rework the traits so one of you can have a medic, or if I should try to recruit a new player instead.
Oct 7, 2020 2:38 pm
Maybe try for 36 hours to recruit then adapt if necessary?
Oct 7, 2020 3:07 pm
Would it work with one of us taking the medic in addition to their character? Or does the memory loss thing make it impossible?
Oct 7, 2020 3:28 pm
The font is evocative, but GP mobile doesn't handle it well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ow0kxu8ehb7lzf/Screenshot_20201007-092319_Chrome.jpg?dl=1
Oct 7, 2020 3:32 pm
Dr_B says:
Would it work with one of us taking the medic in addition to their character? Or does the memory loss thing make it impossible?
As I said, I could shuffle some traits to make one of you a doctor in addition to your regular role/occupation. I wouldn't tell you which one of you has become become a doc though, as part of the amnesia gimmick...

@ Qralloq: Damn, I was afraid this would happen...

Edit: for those of you on mobile who could not read the original test, here it is in normal font.
OOC:
Warning!
Warning!

Ship pulled out of FTL Travel by unknown strong gravitational body.

Trace amounts of Hawking radiation detected.

Probability: 97.48333% of rogue wandering hypermass.

Estimated time to event horizon: Approximately 5 hours, at which point ship will be unable to escape gravitational well.

Cryo Sleep interrupted.

Head to helm and manually move ship away from hypermass, then plot new FTL course to destination.
Oct 7, 2020 4:01 pm
Did my character learn her name? And was there anything else in her footlocker?
Oct 7, 2020 4:04 pm
Oh crap, I completely forgot about you. Sorry.
Oct 7, 2020 6:11 pm
Qralloq says:
Maybe try for 36 hours to recruit then adapt if necessary?
I second that proposal ;)
Oct 7, 2020 7:54 pm
kalajel says:
Oh crap, I completely forgot about you. Sorry.
Just them? Or did I miss a post?
Oct 7, 2020 8:00 pm
Oh, sorry about that.
Oct 7, 2020 9:23 pm
Boooooooooo. I am here
Oct 7, 2020 9:23 pm
I can see all secret threads, but I didn't look
Oct 7, 2020 9:28 pm
Fixed now. You can check the character creation thread on how I handle character creation for this game.

Also, welcome!
Oct 8, 2020 4:11 pm
Everything's going nice so far. I'll pause a bit to allow for FoxRaver and Machiabelly to catch up with the posting.
Oct 9, 2020 3:59 pm
Everyone read their notes and ready to move on?
Oct 9, 2020 4:30 pm
kalajel says:
Everyone read their notes and ready to move on?
Aye sir!
Oct 9, 2020 4:43 pm
Yeppers
Oct 9, 2020 4:49 pm
@ FoxRafer: You still with us?
Oct 9, 2020 4:55 pm
saw the note concerning Squat's locker - if that's what you mean, ready to continue
Oct 9, 2020 5:07 pm
Roger Roger
Oct 9, 2020 5:55 pm
Yep.
Oct 12, 2020 1:55 am
Kappa Roosevelt. ROFLMAO! XD
Oct 12, 2020 2:27 am
I had no idea how long things were supposed to be. If I have thrown the time lines off, let me know and I can edit.
Oct 12, 2020 3:39 am
Six months, one hundred thousand years, meh
Oct 12, 2020 8:46 pm
I swear it. I'm not the imposter o.O
Oct 14, 2020 9:35 pm
In case those with mobile has trouble reading the text on Gaila's section, this is what the text on the lock on the lab door said:

Access denied.

Door locked on orders of Captain Frederick Lindswirth.

Edit: Oh, by the way, I had a great idea. If you want to leave yourselves private notes as to who you suspect the traitor might be, using your own secret section would be a great way to do that. And for more public notes, well I'll make a thread for that if ever the need arises...
Oct 15, 2020 12:15 pm
How did you make the ship's diagram, by the way? I really like it.
Oct 15, 2020 12:48 pm
I went on pyromancers.com. First I tried using the line tool, but the diagram would not save when I did that for some reason, so I had to redo the whole thing using one of the thinnest wall I could find (hence the shadow effect). I imported the whole thing into my google drive and added text there.
Oct 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Cool; thank you!
Oct 15, 2020 6:21 pm
Edited last post for the roll
Oct 15, 2020 11:49 pm
FoxRafer says:
OOC:
She's standing right in front of them, so Gaila wants to see if she can open the cargo bay doors before heading to the mess hall.
Oh, sorry about that. I edited my last post to include you in.
Oct 16, 2020 12:31 am
Thank you!
Oct 17, 2020 7:39 pm
FoxRafer says:
OOC:
Is there any kind of check I can roll for Gaila to help the Captain figure out the code?
Go ahead and make a 5x5 roll and then we'll see...
Oct 17, 2020 8:01 pm
Excellent roll, 0!
Oct 17, 2020 8:18 pm
Gaila really wants in that lab, apparently. :)
Oct 17, 2020 8:21 pm
Murphy's Law: If you rolled well, the lab won't be important, but if you rolled poorly, all the secrets of the universe would be within.
Oct 17, 2020 8:24 pm
We'll see... We'll see...
Oct 17, 2020 8:32 pm
ten minutes awake, and already messing up keypads around the ship with sticky stuff, tut tut :D
Oct 17, 2020 9:22 pm
Qralloq says:
Murphy's Law: If you rolled well, the lab won't be important, but if you rolled poorly, all the secrets of the universe would be within.
This sounds about right. :) Murphy and I are great friends.
Nov 20, 2020 2:01 am
Hmm, everyone else still on board?
Nov 20, 2020 2:10 am
I think I'm stuck in some kind of off screen repair loop. Kind of lost track since then. Checking in once in awhile to see if I've been tagged.
Nov 20, 2020 2:24 am
Yeah, I know, you're kind of stuck fixing something for now, still good to know you're paying attention.
Nov 20, 2020 7:49 am
Those damaged parts are being repaired with great care, don't you worry!
Nov 20, 2020 2:23 pm
Still on board. I just wanted to give the others a chance to post too and therefore waited a bit ;)
Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm
Not much I want to do that I haven't already done.
Nov 20, 2020 6:35 pm
Still here
Nov 26, 2020 9:21 pm
Hi. My sister, Candice, is sick and will be off line for a while. She wanted me to let you know and to apologize on her behalf.
Nov 26, 2020 11:08 pm
Okay, thanks.

Tell your sister to get well soon.
Dec 12, 2020 9:08 pm
Sorry for the delay, I was hoping FoxRafer could jump in again soon... I'll GMPC her for a while, until Fox gets better...
Dec 13, 2020 4:38 pm
Dr_B says:
As Dimitra and the Captain enter, Squat puts the stabilizer lode and the Hallite hardfuse on the table.
"these should be good to go, we should get busy installing them now"
That's probably going to be told through ship intercom as Dimitra and Captain Lindswirth are heading towards the locked lab...
Dec 13, 2020 5:15 pm
oops... I confused the Lab with the Workshop, my bad - editing now
Dec 19, 2020 1:43 am
So. You may or may not know, I have a traech and normally it isn't a big deal, but I picked up a cold or maybe pneumonia somewhere this week. Not Covid. My oxygen dropped from my normal 95% into the 70s. This means I am back on my ventilator for at least 12 hours a day for the next 4 days or so. It really saps all my energy. So, for the next few days, feel free to roll for me and move me along as needed.
See you next week.
Dec 19, 2020 2:58 am
Oh, that sucks. Get better.
Dec 19, 2020 3:14 am
Hope you get well soon.
Dec 19, 2020 5:47 pm
All the best, @Machiabelly, hope you'll be better soon
Dec 19, 2020 7:54 pm
Oh my. All the best to you. Get well
Feb 24, 2021 9:59 pm
hey folks, I was looking for the ship map, I remember the GM posted it somewhere, but cannot find it anywhere?
Feb 25, 2021 12:33 am
Thanks saevikas
Mar 12, 2021 3:20 am
Qralloq, what the hell? That's your third double in a row! XD

I'm laughing so hard right now...
Mar 12, 2021 3:36 am
I WAS SUPPOSED TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THESE CLOWNS.
BEELZEBUB HAD FORSAKEN ME!!!
Mar 16, 2021 4:47 pm
I'm sensing the scenario is basically over. Lorenzo's plans for multi-murderdeathkill have been thoroughly and repeatedly thwarted by the RNG gods, and maybe poor planning. Kill him on screen or off, let's move on.
Mar 16, 2021 4:52 pm
Who knows, maybe if you keep rolling doubles and collecting Karma Points, you'll eventually become immortal... :P
Mar 16, 2021 4:54 pm
Yeah, I took my shot.

FYI, if you had went with my plan, I was going to unfreeze Lorenzo and split the money with him. But no killing the rest.
I was going to inject him with a harmless solution and tell him it was poison. I would give him the antidote when we were off the ship and I had my money.
Anna is getting near retirement and she is broke.
Mar 16, 2021 5:02 pm
Machiabelly says:
Yeah, I took my shot.

FYI, if you had went with my plan, I was going to unfreeze Lorenzo and split the money with him. But no killing the rest.
I was going to inject him with a harmless solution and tell him it was poison. I would give him the antidote when we were off the ship and I had my money.
Anna is getting near retirement and she is broke.
Haha, that's really great!
Mar 16, 2021 7:47 pm
Alright, there was a request for that, so here are the relationships maps.

There was a sort of love triangle of sort between Siri Ahlgren, Lorenzo Ramos, and Joseph Cole. Though it seems things were more serious between Siri and Joseph.

Dimitra Christos was originally distracting some of the male personnel from her contraband in the starboard cargo bay by sleeping with Frederick Lindswirth and Pierre Cheung. Though, eventually she developed feelings for Lindswirth (who also reciprocated such feelings) and felt awful for "cheating on him" with Cheung.

After Siri's death, Gaila became closer to Joseph Cole, mostly to help him go through the loss of Siri, and partly out of fear of her stalker (see below). Had Cole not been murdered, who knows how those feelings might have evolved...

Sam "Squat" McGinnis was obsessed with Gaila Greyfox to the point of stalking her. The fact that he had stopped taking his anti-psychosis medication did not helped.

Anna McGregor sadly could not get over her Bill, and remained celibate. Though Pierre Cheung was the crew member closer to her age and she may or may not have thought about starting a relationship with him (deep space missions get really long after all)...
Mar 16, 2021 10:18 pm
Thanks for running this Kalajel
Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm
yes, awesome game, and interesting system - thank you

You do not have permission to post in this thread.