Posting Etiquette

Oct 2, 2020 5:30 am
Nothing too huge here. It's a one-shot, we won't go too crazy with etiquette...

"Italics" for what your character is thinking.

"Bold" for what your character is saying.

Regular text for actions, descriptions, etc.

Colors can be used if you wish to differentiate yourselves from others, but is not mandatory...

For rolls of 5x5, I do believe it will make your life easier if you enter your roll as "1d6, 1d6" (minus the quotation marks) in the Roll field. The more clear result should then make it much easier for everyone to read the result of your roll (and do the mental math necessary for that). I'm not going to be anal about this, but honestly, trust me, the extra time of typing this over "2d6" will make this whole thing so much easier...
Also, do not forget, 6 = 0, and doubles are failure unless you roll with your [Tr]ouble.

Given the mystery nature of the game, I'll be sending notes (that red page tool in your tool bar between the speech bubble of "Quote" and the OOC tool) to players in order to share info that the rest of the party might not be privy to. IF you wish or need to further discuss or inquire about the note I sent you, please reply using the note tool as well (or see next sentence for an alternative). I'll also make a section for each player that only that player will be able to see and use, in case seeing a note was sent in the main game thread would not be called for. Hmm... now why would that be? I wonder... ;P

As for the tone of the game, if there's anything which bothers you and you don't want to see in game, feel free to speak up now. I'm usually willing to get as adult and as graphic (and use as much foul language) as my players are comfortable with in my games, and to avoid problems I've adopted the "living document" which is the Social Contract (I feel it doesn't insult everyone's intelligence and maturity like the X-Card does...). But again, one-shot, so I doubt I'll do much of that here, but better safe than sorry as the adventure will be a mystery after all, and mysteries sometimes have the potential of being very dark in nature...

Finally, the usual: be nice to one another, post in the appropriate section, no inappropriate hyperlinks or linked images, yadda yadda, all that good stuff...
Oct 2, 2020 5:31 am
Here, as an example.

See? First roll I need to mentally perform the extra action of ignoring this 5 in order to get the actual result of 6 (3x2), and for the second roll, it is much easier to calculate the 12 (4x3).

Rolls

I'm in a hurry, so I'll just write "2d6" - (2d6)

(32) = 5

I'll take the time to write "1d6, 1d6" - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (3) = 3

Oct 2, 2020 7:45 am
Comfortable with any content and language, personally.
Oct 2, 2020 11:54 am
Im fine with everything.
Oct 2, 2020 4:26 pm
Making a test here, seeing if I can approximate text on a monitor...

SYSTEM FAILURE!
OXYGEN LEVELS LOW!

YES! Nice!
Oct 2, 2020 4:32 pm
I'm a contrarian by nature so I feel the strong need to troll you here. But I rolled a Wisdom check, and decided to simply add my support.
Last edited October 2, 2020 4:32 pm
Oct 4, 2020 8:28 pm
kalajel says:
Making a test here, seeing if I can approximate text on a monitor...

SYSTEM FAILURE!
OXYGEN LEVELS LOW!

YES! Nice!
Nice one.
I hope that you don't mind if I steal this formatting for my own space game. O.o

You do not have permission to post in this thread.