OOC Chat

Apr 4, 2016 8:55 pm
For out of character discussion
Apr 4, 2016 10:14 pm
I'm out of town this week so internet access may be limited, but if each of you could start with a character type, name etc, we can start working on character creation
Apr 5, 2016 12:54 am
I'm thinking a graduate level engineering student with a penchant for survivalism. A lot of time camping and in the outdoors, studying trapping and primitive tools etc as a hobby.
Apr 5, 2016 7:15 pm
Sounds good. Do you have a name? I'll start a thread for the character creation process
Apr 5, 2016 8:53 pm
I think I'm going to build a student of Antiquities at the College of Language, Literature, and Fine Arts, who focuses on archaeology...also a graduate student, who enjoys exploring ancient ruins when class is out for the summer. Knows how to take care of himself, but is MUCH more interested in translating the writing on that beautiful obsidian dagger that he found the last time he went spelunking.

I'll call him Jonathan Masterson.
Apr 6, 2016 7:19 am
Ok I think I have a grasp on a concept. Going to be Simon Brubaker, a Catholic priest currently attending the College of Language, Literature, and Arts. His field of study is revealed religion. He is spending this time in school because he is one of the priest to determine if an exorcism is needed according to church doctrine.
Apr 6, 2016 12:14 pm
Allow me time to get my hands on the handbook and come up with a character. 1-2 days tops.
Apr 6, 2016 1:21 pm
No problem. I'm out of the country right now so won't start character creation until the weekend, but for right now all I'm looking for is what your student is studying and a name, no need for a handbook
Apr 7, 2016 8:50 pm
If you're looking for avatars for Cthulhu characters, I always find googling 1920's actor images to be very helpful
Apr 12, 2016 11:54 am
Sorry everyone! Weekend was totly hectic with family stuff and I forgot about Cthulu. Please, start it up and I will make my character sheet in about 6 hours.
Apr 15, 2016 7:48 pm
I'm now aiming to start next Monday, as we have a new player I need to set up a character with and yutiko needs to finish his own. Everyone make sure they introduce themselves in the getting to know you thread and if there is any common ground, perhaps agree long term relationships between characters
Apr 17, 2016 1:25 am
Actually going to have to withdraw from this one. Sorry everyone.
Apr 17, 2016 4:01 am
Ok thanks for letting me know :)
Apr 18, 2016 12:32 am
I'm excited to start playing!

Has anyone played the choose your own adventure style story they did for CoC7 last year? I had a lot of fun with it, even though I died very quickly.
Apr 18, 2016 2:58 am
Dying very quickly in a choose your own adventure style story? Isn't that how it ALWAYS happens?

And no, I didn't get to play that. It saddens me.
Apr 18, 2016 4:09 am
That's always the way it went for me, anyway! XD

I'm sure you can still get it from Chaosium's website. It's week with the time. It's a sort of tutorial on how to play the game, as well.
Apr 18, 2016 4:25 am
We'll get started soon. Picked up another new player last night so if we can get character gen moving quickly we should be good to go soon.
Apr 19, 2016 7:18 pm
Shark_Bone says:
I'm excited to start playing!

Has anyone played the choose your own adventure style story they did for CoC7 last year? I had a lot of fun with it, even though I died very quickly.
was that the Alone Against the Flames one? i did that - and oh hey i died... ha
Apr 19, 2016 8:43 pm
Yeah, that's the one. I've been meaning to try it again, but haven't gotten around to it, yet.

Also, I'm swamped at work so I won't be around the forums much this week. I'll pop in when I can.
Apr 22, 2016 10:48 am
Gearing up to get started by Monday at the latest. If you haven't seen already, the cast is shown here: http://www.knifesedgegames.co.uk/a-time-for-harvest-cast-of-characters.html
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.