Email notifications of latest posts

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 15, 2015 10:18 pm
It would be nice to get an email when forum posts that the user is involved in changes.

Is there already a way to do this? Its not an uncommon feature and if it cannot be done right now, its worth considering it as a feature.
Jan 16, 2015 5:05 am
I'm actually a big delayed on features in general, because I'm redoing the code for the forums from the ground up. Once I get the new forum code going, you'll see updates like properly showing if there are new posts (including in subforums) and the new post links working properly. Once I have that running, I plan on adding thread subscriptions and RSS feeds.

Its certainly not an uncommon feature; it just isn't already in as my old server couldn't support a lot of outgoing emails (bandwidth limitations), and since I switched to the new server, a lot of other feature requests have been up. I think my feature to-do list is currently at 28... I'll get through it... one day... Oh yes, that doesn't include new systems :p
Jan 16, 2015 5:16 am
That sounds great keleth. I'm sure you have heaps to do already. I was just wondering if it existed already, and I had missed where it coul be set.
Jan 16, 2015 5:40 am
Nah, unfortunately not in yet, but definitely plan on getting to it soon (tm).
Jan 17, 2015 2:36 am
RSS feed sounds awesome, Keleth! Looking forward to seeing what you do here. I'm impressed already, mind, so you're ahead of the curve.
Jan 17, 2015 6:30 am
Yes, the feed sounds a lot better than email notifications to me.
Jan 17, 2015 4:23 pm
For me, I'd take that RSS feed and pair it with If This Than That to alert me. Push notifications are so much nicer than emails, IMO.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.