Eberron: Oracle of War

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 7, 2020 7:59 am
I want to try my hand at GM'ing pbp again.

I am normally an improvising kind of GM and that did not really work for me with Play by Post. So I have decided to grab an adventure from Adventures League and will run one of those. And since I love the Eberron and want to play in that setting, I have chosen the first adventure from the Eberron: Oracle of War campaign.

And this is where I would ask if anyone would be interested in playing a D&D 5e game in Eberron, but before I was even ready to make this ask for players-post I had 14 applications.
OOC:
WOW! There is some love for Eberron
I want to respect the process of asking for players only here in the Game Tavern, but I also what to acknowledge those who have already applied.

So I will now ask for players, in a first-come, first-served, but those 14 have 24 hours to confirm their application. If they do, the came first, even before the one who wrote the second post in this tread. I think it is fairest.

Link to game
Last edited October 7, 2020 8:00 am
Oct 7, 2020 10:10 am
Great. I love to play some Eberron. Please to count me in. I'm ready to be a scavenger!
OOC:
Rushes in before for the crowd. Drops the keys that locked the door accidently...
Last edited October 7, 2020 10:22 am
Oct 7, 2020 10:23 am
I’m here and ready!
Oct 7, 2020 11:20 am
Ready to join the salvage team!
Oct 7, 2020 11:49 am
I know there are players out there who REALLY want to play in an Eberron game, so I'm going to stand back.

Y'all in for a treat - runekyndig writes some great posts.
Oct 7, 2020 1:23 pm
I would like to play as well, always wanted to try the Eberron setting.
Oct 7, 2020 4:02 pm
I would enjoy running into the Grey.
Oct 7, 2020 5:22 pm
My symbionts and I are ready to go.
Oct 7, 2020 5:50 pm
I’d love to play in Eberron, I’ve been looking to try it for a while.
Oct 7, 2020 7:56 pm
I'd love to go for one as well. Thank you for running.
Oct 7, 2020 9:13 pm
Love Eberron, and would love to play in this world again. Thank you for running this.
Oct 7, 2020 9:33 pm
Hello,

if this is newbie-friendly, I would also like a chance. I would play what the group needs and wouldn't mind premade chars, or I could make one according to your wishes, but being new, I don't have one yet. I own 5e PM if that is relevant.

Thanks for reading and good luck if you're already full.

Daniel
Oct 7, 2020 9:52 pm
Hi! I'd love to play!
Oct 8, 2020 3:48 am
I'd love to play!
Oct 8, 2020 6:15 am
ctme2000
XOSkel10
AvDc
Gnellson

have entered the game, as they were the first ones to apply and confirm their application in this tread. If any drops out, I will contact those who have shown interest in this thread
Oct 8, 2020 1:36 pm
I was the second comment on here...
Oct 8, 2020 1:38 pm
runekyndig says:
So I will now ask for players, in a first-come, first-served, but those 14 have 24 hours to confirm their application. If they do, the came first, even before the one who wrote the second post in this tread. I think it is fairest.
Lol. I swear runekyndig is psychic.
Oct 8, 2020 1:47 pm
Adam says:
runekyndig says:
Lol. I swear runekyndig is psychic.
I was DMed about being one of the 14 so idk. It's fine though, I'm in a few different games.
Oct 8, 2020 2:04 pm
There's a lot of love for the Eberron though. It makes me wish I could DM it for the overflow, but I don't know the setting.
Oct 8, 2020 2:13 pm
Im sorry @theeyetyrant its hard to be fair
@Adam if you are into audiobooks then the Dreaming Dark Audiobooks on Audible is worth a listen
Oct 8, 2020 2:22 pm
runekyndig says:
Im sorry @theeyetyrant its hard to be fair
@Adam if you are into audiobooks then the Dreaming Dark Audiobooks on Audible is worth a listen
No big man. I'm in plenty of games, I just can't help but try to get in more.
Oct 8, 2020 2:47 pm
Yeppers. Happens. Always around to catch a drop out.
Nov 4, 2020 9:34 am
I'm disappointed and a bit annoyed. I had 14 applications to this my first real pbp game as a GM, and now I have to kick my second player for inactivity. Perhaps I haven't been clear enough in my expectations, so I must address that now.

If you play in my game we agree to the social contract that:
- We will be active and do your best to keep the post frequency. If you can not, let your GM know. Examens, holidays, divorce, sickness, there can be a thousand valid reasons for not having the spare time to play. But have you agreed to play, then there are no valid reasons not to spend 1 minute to tell your GM that you can't make it for a while.
- Match the format of the GM and the other players. When GM and other players make a big effort into their post, formatting spoken words in bold, writing in the third person, you will do the same. Anything less just shows that you don't care about the game, the GM, and the other players. If you don't know how, like giving your character an avatar, then ask and you will get help.

Now I aks for a player for my game.
You will play a member of a scavenge crew, that have entered the mournlands in search of treasure. You are the only one in your group left - or you got lost. You will soon meet up with the group, who is looking for a missing goblin in the mournlands. There are a fighter and 2 warlocks in the group

Write to me about your character concept/idea. Just a few lines. If we can agree on the social contract and your concept/idea fits the group I will invite you, and then you can make a full character
Last edited November 4, 2020 9:40 am
Nov 4, 2020 5:34 pm
While I thank you for your interest - have found a player

My point stands. When we venture into a game together, we have a common responsibility to make it a good as posible
Nov 4, 2020 5:38 pm
Well stated, runekyndig.
Nov 4, 2020 9:44 pm
Firm but true! I think most of that applied are still interested just slap a pm out there and go down the queue.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.