Looking for GM/group: Pokerole Mystery Dungeon

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 8, 2020 4:52 am
Heya!
I've stumbled across Pokerole's Mystery Dungeon supplement and was intrigued by it, since I love games that allow to play as animals. And as I have time for one more game, I wanted to see if anyone will be willing to run a small story for me so I can check out the rules and see if I like the system! :)

I'm brand new to Pokerole and not very well-versed in Pokemon world in general (I played one game), but I know the basics of it. I'm fine with playing solo or with a small group, and mostly looking to try the mechanics of the system (though if I like them, I'm not against doing a full campaign). And if you're new to it as well, I'm cool with learning together!

You can download Pokerole, both core and supplement, for free on their site. The book looks super long with its five hundred pages, but the main bulk is taken up by lists of Pokemon and their moves. :D
The premise of Mystery Dungeon module is that you are a human who were transformed into a Pokemon and need to balance your new animal instincts with human logic.

Thanks for your time! Let me know if you're interested.
Oct 13, 2020 6:50 pm
Aww, no love for Pokemon? :D
Well, feel free to poke (ha!) me if you're interested, regardless of how old this post gets! I'll keep it on my to-do list, so consider this a passive search. Cheers!
Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm
honestly I saw this and was a little interested (I have been apart of a few Pokemon Draft leagues and other type of friendly competitions with friends).

I thought I had a few other games coming up but they seem to be not going. So I would be interested in a posting every 1-2 days scenario minus weekends.
Oct 14, 2020 7:19 am
I can do every two days rate! Are you willing to GM this? I certainly don't know the system good enough for that. I'm up for going without a GM as well, shouldn't be too much of a drawback for a dungeon. :D
Oct 14, 2020 2:10 pm
Honestly...I am a terrible GM, I am in the midst of my first GM experience IRL and it is a work in progress to say the least

If we are looking to do more of a system learning and a fun little dungeon crawl, we can try GM-less. Which is something I haven't really done much of
Oct 14, 2020 2:26 pm
You could practice on me! :P But GM-less is good too, I'm glad you're not against it. And we can randomize opponents and maps! I really love doing that for more combat-oriented games. And it probably will work extra well for Pokemon, considering the number of options.

Anyway, shall I make a game then? :D
Oct 14, 2020 7:04 pm
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is secretly my jam, let me know if a GM manifests.
Oct 14, 2020 7:16 pm
Sure, will do! :D

@valdattaMadun, here is the game page. Invite sent!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.