Interest check: Dragon Age solo with SWADE

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 12, 2020 1:05 pm
I see that there are people who like solo gaming here, so I thought some would be interested in this.

There's an adventure called Amber Rage in the Blood in Ferelden book for the Dragon Age rpg, I'd use that as a base, with some changes.

The weird idea here is that the player starts with two PCs, who have been together for a while, which gives flexibility to the little team. Also, later there can be even more PCs, and the player can go on different adventures with them in any combination, for even more flexibility. More than two is not compulsory, as far as I am concerned, but I'm looking for a player who's willing to play at least two PCs.
Last edited October 12, 2020 1:20 pm
Oct 12, 2020 7:09 pm
This sounds super cool and I'd definitely consider it if it was in 5e or something, but I'm trying to restrain from attempting to learn more systems until my next exam. So good luck to whoever takes this up, and know that in the future there may still be interest in things like this!
Oct 12, 2020 9:41 pm
Hey Whatsup, whatsup?
OOC:
never heard that one before, eh? :-)
Your idea sounds great, but why go SWADE instead of stay with AGE?
Oct 12, 2020 11:35 pm
Good to see some interest.
Quote:
if it was in 5e or something, but I'm trying to restrain from attempting to learn more systems until my next exam
Could do it in Pathfinder with Spheres, if that helps.
Quote:
never heard that one before, eh? :-)
Never ever :)
Quote:
Your idea sounds great, but why go SWADE instead of stay with AGE?
There are several things I dislike in AGE: the random activation of stunts, the few classes (it's ok for a game aiming for simplicity like WR&M) but in this system?, the distribution of talents / focuses, the limitations of talents by classes -- so, many things. SWADE is much more consistent and straightforward.
Oct 13, 2020 12:13 am
As a matter of fact, now that I mentioned WR&M, that's also an option for the rules system.
Last edited October 13, 2020 12:17 am
Oct 13, 2020 1:15 am
whatsup says:
Could do it in Pathfinder with Spheres, if that helps.
I'm afraid I'm not terribly familiar with that one either. I know Dnd 5e, Mutants and Masterminds 3e, Call of Cthulhu 7e, and Star Wars FFG. So I doubt I could fulfill what you are looking for at the moment.
Oct 13, 2020 2:06 pm
With D&D 5e, it can go two ways:
1. Neither PC can use magic
2. If a PC uses magic, we use a modified version of the Spell Point system in the DMG (pp. 288-289)
Oct 13, 2020 3:57 pm
Isn't 5e a bit rules heavy for what is essentially an OSR?
Oct 13, 2020 4:38 pm
I am familiar with 5e, so I don't mind.

By the way, are you interested in playing?
Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm
As someone who loves both AGE and SWADE, seeing this conversation move to 5e is a shot in the heart, haha.
Oct 13, 2020 4:45 pm
We are still talking about possibilities :)
Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm
whatsup says:
I am familiar with 5e, so I don't mind.

By the way, are you interested in playing?
Yes, I am!
Oct 13, 2020 11:02 pm
And which systems are you willing to do?
Oct 13, 2020 11:07 pm
I’d love to play AGE (I like the stunts system and the focus on a few classes), but I know you don’t like it. I’ve not played SWADE but I would like to and that might keep @Qralloq interested? WR&M looks good too. I’m not against rules heavy systems (I play quite a bit of 5e) but I would like to play something more Old School.
Oct 14, 2020 12:45 am
Quote:
I’ve not played SWADE but I would like to and that might keep @Qralloq interested?
Ummm, this is going to be a solo game, as per the title.
Oct 14, 2020 1:40 am
I've purposefully not expressed my interest in this game. Don't get me wrong, I'd jump on it, but as long as others express interest, I'm in a lot of games and don't need to steal games from others.

On a side note fur those who are dubious, duets (one GM, one player) are becoming my favorite way to play here.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.