Wildsea OOC

Oct 13, 2020 12:13 pm
Welcome to the game!

For now, this place is still pretty empty but I figured I'd already give you the chance to talk and share some character ideas. AutoEquestrianism, you sent me a character concept already. If you want, you can post it in here for the others to see, or if you have a different idea by now feel free to go for something else entirely.

You can all also already start thinking about whether you want to create a ship as a group or just use a pregenerated one. I haven't used ship generation rules yet but they are pretty simple.

One thing I will impose on you is that your characters already know each other and are working together as a crew on a shared ship.
I would also like to move most OOC discussions to a discord in order to keep it going more efficiently. Especially for deciding on Twists later on, which is supposed to happen in conversation, GP forums are a bit too slow for me.

My question here is: I can ask the developer to give us a channel on the official discord to discuss matters specifically for this (if you're not interested in other updates about the game, you can easily just mute the rest of the server so you only get notified about this one channel) or I can create a new server just for us. Let me know what your preference is there.
Oct 13, 2020 12:26 pm
I'm up for either way. As for character concepts, I'm thinking of possibly an Ardent Ridgeback Corsair or Rattlehand.
Oct 13, 2020 4:44 pm
Hey. Just checking in. I’ll try to come up with something over the course of the day.
Oct 14, 2020 4:20 am
I’m guessing we choose a bloodline so say Ardent. And then a Origin? Like Rootless and then we pick our quickstarter kits.
Oct 14, 2020 5:26 am
Yes, you choose a bloodline, an origin and a post and then just follow the instructions for all of them
Oct 14, 2020 2:13 pm
I'll have to look at it again when my brain is fully functional, I looked late last night and didn't know where I was going with it.
Oct 14, 2020 6:23 pm
Sorry it took me a moment, the invite system here is still sort of arcane to me. Amusingly, the idea I had was an Ardent/Ridgeback/Corsair as well, but I wouldn't worry about the characters being too similar. Mine has less attachment to her home than most characters seem to in Wildsea, and is struggling with the concept of living as a civilized being in general.

I tend to like smaller discord servers but I can handle a channel in a larger one if need be. I don't have a mic so I can't do voice but I'm fine with real-time text discussions and the like to keep the game flowing.

I hadn't seen the steep yet though, so that's also an option.
Last edited October 14, 2020 6:25 pm
Oct 14, 2020 6:46 pm
Having similar bloodline/origin/post combinations doesn't have to be a problem, especially because there is still plenty of variety possible within these. If you match in two out of three or even all three, if you pick different choices within the options, you should still come out with pretty different characters, even mechanically.

The Wildsea setting is pretty diverse and a lot of the details are open to interpretation. It's totally possible to have some characters who are very attached to their home or origin while others don't care at all.

I'll decide on the discord situation by tomorrow and post an invite link to what I choose here then. Both options have their benefits and drawbacks.
I'm not planning to use any voice chat for this game anyway, just text discussions, so no mic is needed.

Feel free to discuss possible character concepts and thoughts on the ship situation in here until the discord is up.
Oct 15, 2020 9:24 am
I made us our own little discord server for this game. Here's the link
Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm
I was looking last night before my brain collapsed in on itself and I’m thinking Ardent, Shankling, and either Dredger or Hunter.

This is where my brain is headed but it’ll probably fall off the rails somewhere along the way.
Oct 16, 2020 3:17 am
First run through ... feels cute, might delete later...

Ardent [Bloodline]
Starting Edge - Tides
Starting Skill and Languages - Leap / Wavewalk / Gather / Sense / Old Hand
Starting Resources - Highwood Planks / A Copper Coloured Chart.
Starting Drive - Make amends for an ancestor's wrong
Starting Mire - My ancestors whisper their disappointment
Aspects - Ghostsight (3-Track Trait) You can see echoes, spirits and the spectral realm / Ancestral Spirit (3-Track Companion) You’re haunted by a benevolent spirit. Mark to learn a secret from the spectral realm (once per scene).

Shankling [Origin]
Edge - Veils
Skills - Climb / Wavewalk / Craft / Knocking / Signals
Resources - Broadwood Branch / Whispers: Sunset Through Branches
Drive - Climb the highest Shank
Mire - The opposite of vertigo, a deck-level queasiness
Aspects - Glider’s Cloak (3-Track Gear) You can land safely after any prepared fall / Skybridge Step (5-Track Trait) An elegant defensive dance that keeps you out of harm’s way.

Dredger [Post]
Edge - Sharps
Skills - Scramble / Stealth / Scavenge / Craft / Highvin
Resources - Copper Rings / Whispers - A Risen Wreck
Drive - Discover an untouched pre-verdant ruin
Mire - Your movements cause wrecks to shift and creak
Aspects - Seared Skin (3-Track Trait) Resist the hazardous effects of crezzerin exposure (searing, hallucinations, mutation) / Amber Lenses (4-Track Gear) Goggles that allow you to see perfectly through smoke, mists and sporeclouds.
Oct 16, 2020 9:52 pm
I'll throw mine down, it's a little different in style from the last one, or from the example the host posted, but it should hopefully be pretty read-able.

Backgrounds: Ardent(Bloodline) / Ridgeback(Origin) / Corsair(Post)

[Edges]
Teeth
Iron
Instinct

[Skills]
Leap (3)
Gather (2)
Sense (1)
Scramble (1)
Wavewalk (1)
Cook (1)
Hunt (1)
Break (1)
Strike (1)
Dodge (1)
Block (1)
Heal (1)

[Languages]
Low Sour (3, Fluent)

[Drives]
Find a community or tribe to become a real part of
Consume Exotic Meats
Destroy Threats to the Ship

[Mires]
Sea-Beast's Soul [0/2]
Always Abandoned [0/2]
Feral Recklessness [0/2]

[Aspects]
(Bloodline) Tough As Nails [0/4] {Conflicts -> Triumphs when healing injury}
(Bloodline) Ragged Longcoat [0/3] {Resist Serrated, Spike, and Hewing Damage}
(Origin) Barrel-Chested [0/5] {No Effects}
(Origin) Crushing Blows [0/4] {Unarmed deals CQ Blunt}
(Post) Steel-Step Dance [0/5] {No Effects}
(Post) Prowess [0/4] {Mark to increase impact when attacking at CQ}

[Resources]
Salvage: Shards of bizarrely sturdy glass
Specimens: Phantom thistles, Jar of glowing beetles
Whispers: Wind through the crags, The Heaviest Silence
Charts: A difficult sliding puzzle of a jumbled map
Oct 16, 2020 10:42 pm
I think you missed 2 resources. Oh wait nevermind, you have two and two in the middle... My bad.
OOC:
I'll get back on this later, I'm trying to get my kiddo through his socials report... I may kill myself in the process however.
Last edited October 17, 2020 1:48 pm
Oct 16, 2020 11:48 pm
Background: Ardent [Bloodline] / Shankling [Origin] / Dredger [Post]
Edges: Tides / Veils / Sharps

Skills:
Climb 1
Scramble 2
Leap 2
Wavewalk 2
Sense 1
Gather 1
Craft 2
Stealth 1
Scavenge 2

Languages:
Low Sour 3
Old Hand 1

Drives:
A History of Misdeeds - A long time ago, one of my ancestors caused a Shank to be lost. I don't mean forgotten or misplaced like a kaffine cup I mean lost as in it sank beneath the emerald waves and disappeared forever. [00]
Because it's There - Caitriona was always the first do scale everything, the rails of her crib, the walls of her parents garden, the cliffs upon which her home shank was built, the taller, the better. [00]
Legacy of the Ancients - It's out there, somewhere, amid the endless rustle of the whispering leaves it exists and I'm going to find it. Ruins unseen by Ardent eyes in a millennia. [00]

Mires:
Ire of the Ancients - It might be the rustling of the trees, it might be the wind in the rigging but my ancestors never cease whisper their disappointment in me. [00]
Accidents Happen - If something can break it probably will when Caitriona touches it. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing it rarely isn't. [00]
Restless Decks - Nothing's really stable in the Verdant Sea, even less so when Caitriona is about her movements cause wrecks to shift and creak [00]

Aspects:
Ghostsight - You can see echoes, spirits and the spectral realm. / 000
Ancestral Spirit - You’re haunted by a benevolent spirit. Mark to learn a secret from the spectral realm (once per scene). / 000
Glider’s Cloak - You can land safely after any prepared fall. / 000
Skybridge Step - An elegant defensive dance that keeps you out of harm’s way. / 00000
Seared Skin - Resist the hazardous effects of crezzerin exposure (searing, hallucinations, mutation). / 000
Amber Lenses - Goggles that allow you to see perfectly through smoke, mists and spore clouds. / 0000

Resources:
Highwood Planks.
Copper Rings.
Broadwood Branch.
A Copper Colored Chart.
Whispers - Sunset Through Branches.
Whispers - A Risen Wreck.
Last edited October 18, 2020 9:46 pm
Oct 17, 2020 7:58 am
The characters look good. I haven't counted up the skill points you spent but I trust you with those.

You can create character sheets and submit them to the game. I'l accept them
Oct 17, 2020 6:28 pm
If you want to post your background blurb as well so the others can see it, feel free to
Oct 17, 2020 7:31 pm
As soon as I figure it out you’ll be the second to know.
Oct 18, 2020 3:30 am
To give us a variety of character types I'll play a Rattlehand. I'll post him in the morning.
Oct 18, 2020 9:08 pm
I might muck with my mires... and drives a little...

I'm thinking instead of deck level queasiness something along the lines of

"Accidents Happen" - If something can break it probably will when Caitriona touches it. While this isn't necessarily a bad thing it rarely isn't.

Why do I see Bob Ross saying that... Happy little accidents.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.