Your character sheet.

Oct 15, 2020 12:09 am
There was no need for the re-roll, I'll consider this Karma Point as used to help you remember...

Well, I have some good news for you... or some bad depending on how you want to take this. You are the traitor. Remember that background you wrote? this re-writing of your personality which got corrupted? Some NAC spy which infiltrated the Madrid Institute of Behavioral Rehabilitation took this opportunity to turn some of the subjects into sleeper agents. So you yourself are not aware you that you actually are the traitor. And Blackwing? That's your activation phrase.

So now you know you are an [Ex]pert hacker and an [Ad]ept sleeper agent.

So here's the story. While you were mining on Gamma Cephei, your group discovered the dead body of an alien, and some wrecked alien tech. Turns out you're not alone in the universe after all. It was loaded on board, and is kept under lock and key in the lab. When the alien was found, your programming recognized the edge reversed-engineered alien tech could give the NAC, so you took action. You had to poison Siri Ahlgren so you could later contact the NAC about the find without being found or arousing suspicion. You then, under the guise of a party among crew members, pushed Joseph Cole to drink to excess and pushed him out the airlock. As the chief of security, he could have been trouble... Pierre Cheung? You just got sloppy and had to kill him quickly as he spotted you while you were snooping around for place to hide the components you planned on stealing...

Before going to cryo sleep, you arranged to wake up at some point during the trip back to Earth to change your course to Kappa Roosevelt. Once woken up, you noticed Dimitra Christos had awakened a month prior to change the ship's course to Pluto. You're not sure why, but it might have something to do with the contraband you found while looking for good spots to hide the components you planned on taking out. in fact, you hid one among the contraband, hoping to muddle the waters even more and take suspicions away from you once the contraband will be found... you also broke into the guns locker and took all the guns off the ship and jettisoned them with 3 or the 4 escape pods.

You're glad you did not messed with the engines as this wandering black hole was totally not part your plans. You're also glad you went with hiding the components you took out instead of jettisoning them along with the guns like you had originally planned... You then erased all traces of your tampering thanks to you hacking skills, extended the cryo sleep duration so nobody could temper with the new course, left yourself some clues to help yourself recover your memory faster than everyone else (you just found one), and went back to cryo sleep.

Aside from that, you know everything your Lorenzo personae knows, though this stalker thing is complete news to you...

So here's where all the missing components are:
Graphene subcompactor is hidden in Squat's quarters, hoping this might result in him getting framed for it. He is the chief engineer after all...
The stabilizer load is hidden in Dimitra's contraband in the starboard cargo bay.
You buried the twin hallite hardfuse in soil in the hydroponics.
The main wireframe loop is here, somewhere in the twisting maze-like corridors of engineering.

Your clues you left yourself are as follows:
The wing scratched on the pipe in engineering. Since it's overhead, few people would have a reason to look up there...
Your foot locker. You scratched the word "Blackwing" on the inside and mirrored. Looking at it with a mirror will trigger your Blackwing personae.
Inside a crate in the port cargo bay.
You scratched another black wing on the bark of a tree in hydroponics.
You left another Blackwing scribble in one of the bathrooms.
Finally, you asked Squat to sketch you a nice crow with its wings splayed open. It actually works to trigger your Blackwing personae. IT is folded and inserted in your pillow case.

You may be a traitor, but you're in the same boat as everyone else and don't want to be killed by that black hole as well as lose the alien tech to it, you want to collect those components, but you must not make it look suspicious... Oh, and obviously, since you're a sleeper agent, you have the ability to make your Lorenzo personae forget everything you did as your Blackwing personae.

Have fun with all that! ;)
Oct 15, 2020 1:27 am
Haha, oh my, well done. I'll consider my moves carefully.
Oct 15, 2020 1:39 am
Oh yeah, one last thing, if you hear someone else speak the word "Blackwing", it will also trigger your Blackwing personae. This could be another good way to switch personae.

As far as the Madrid Institute of Behavioral Rehabilitation, they told you you had an accident and they were helping you re-learn your previous skills by rewiring your neural pathways. They never told you about your crimes, so you're not even aware of that. I'll probably pretend to reveal this to you at some point in the main game thread.

Edit: Oh, also, before transcribing your traits on your sheet, you should probably make sure your character sheet is not in your library... ;)
Oct 15, 2020 12:55 pm
OOC:
I'll post this here and if you agree, continue in the open in the main thread.
His mind racing, his abilities within his grasp, he logs onto the engineering terminal and disables file logging. He creates a local file, and logs the missing parts as if recorded Joseph Cole after he woke briefly then changed course. He words it as if drunk, misspelling words, and rambling, notes that he was worried about what they found, what he did, that he couldn't take it back, her sorry, so the note turns into a suicide note. He's sorry, he repeats. God forgive me.
Oct 15, 2020 1:19 pm
You killed Joseph Cole before the whole cryo sleep... Sorry if I did not made that clear.

Order of events:
- discovery of the alien.
- murder of Siri Ahlgren.
- murder of Joseph Cole.
- you contact the NAC and arrange to bring the alien and tech on Kappa Roosevelt (the nearest NAC controlled system).
- you're formulating your plan, decide against jettisoning anything other than the guns (so the crew is unable to resist an NAC boarding) as you might want to be able to steer the ship later, you start looking for good hiding places, you find contraband in doing so, eventually Pierre Cheung spots you snooping around and you're forced to kill him with a plasma lance.
- the crew is aware a murderer's on board but can't really do anything about it as supplies are starting to run low and they need to head back to Earth anyways, you modify your own cryo sleep duration.
- Dimitra wakes up a month before you and changes the ship's heading back to Pluto, then heads back to cryo sleep.
- you wake up to put your plan in motion and notice Dimitra's tampering (and assume it has to do with the contraband since as far as you know, nothing is supposed to be on Pluto), you put your plan into motion, do your thing, and go back to cryo sleep, pretending to be a good little crew mate...
- an uncontrollable variable is introduced in the form of the rogue wandering hypermass pulling your ship out of FTL drive, now you need to act to save your skin and the alien tech.

Still, good idea. Perhaps you could modify it a bit for one of the remaining other crew members? Of course, if you don't want them to eventually remember they never did any of that, you'll have to murder them to silence them...
Oct 15, 2020 1:26 pm
Right. I was counting on them not knowing just yet when Cole died, and even when they figure it out that he died before cryo, they'll only know there is a traitor.

Alternatively, I could blame Dimitra, leaving a note in case of memory loss due to the extended cryo.
Oct 15, 2020 1:43 pm
Ah, okay, I see. Cool. That could work too, for now...

Well, whatever option you choose, make a 5x5 roll for your hacking.

I'm guessing you'll then retrieve the main wireframe loop and revert back to Lorenzo?
Oct 15, 2020 2:28 pm
He'll set this up two fold. Create the suicide note from Cole, but add user info to the file header implicating Dimitra.

Then he'll search the terminal as Lorenzo for the parts needed, and find the note.

Rolls

Come on, mad hacking - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (5) = 5

Oct 15, 2020 2:28 pm
Haha, that's the worst possible roll!
Oct 15, 2020 3:56 pm
Alright, well at least this gives you a karma point. Basically, you will have set up the suicide note and the user info, but given your current state of cryo sleep sickness and pangs of hunger which are getting harder and harder to ignore, you will have done a sloppy job of it. Basically, anyone examining this data and not rolling doubles will find something odd about it, and any level of success will trace this back to you somehow. But of course, you don't know that. Okay, be ready to switch back to Lorenzo in the main game thread now...
Oct 19, 2020 1:23 am
Not sure how feasible one shotting a PC is but the garden shed seems like a great place to try.
Oct 27, 2020 3:00 pm
You are a [No]vice mechanic.
Feb 18, 2021 4:18 am
You seem to have some skills using weapons. You have [J]ourneyman Attack.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.