OOC Chat

Oct 19, 2020 2:58 pm
Welcome everyone. Really looking forward to this game!
Oct 19, 2020 4:30 pm
Thank you for the invite, and for being willing to run the game. I saw you (re-)introduction to the site, and I'm sure you're extremely busy. I'm really looking forward to this because I have a 1e of nWoD, but I rarely get to do anything with it. Everyone always wants to play one of the off-shoots of the main text, but I always wanted to be just some person stumbling around trying to figure out what was going on.
I'll upgrade my edition for this game because correct me if I'm wrong, but there were some fairly substantive changes from the 1e to the 2e.
Oct 19, 2020 4:43 pm
Yeah, I think they didn't boldly deviate from oWoD in the first edition. I think they really cleaned it up a lot in 2e and made it far more narrative I would say the biggest change from 1e to 2e is the experience system.
Oct 19, 2020 8:02 pm
What books am I looking into? Having fun differentiating between the editions
Oct 19, 2020 8:40 pm
For now you really only need the core Chronicles of Darkness 2e book. It's the one from 2016.
Oct 20, 2020 4:30 pm
It says "revised" on the cover rather than second edition, and has a whole section about the God Machine in the back (at least, I hope so, otherwise I've got the wrong version).
Oct 20, 2020 4:37 pm
Yeah thats the one.
Nov 22, 2020 5:37 pm
Ok, I edited my post to reflect the dice roll (I missed a few sections in the rules). Gabe isn't taking lead, but he is willing to assist (unsuccessfully).
Nov 24, 2020 4:25 pm
Carabas says:
OOC:
I feel the party, or at least her actual familiy, should have a bit more information than we have been given about this. Like when did she disappear, and from where? Signs of break-in or violence? I assume somebody must have investigated this before we gave it go.
I think that could be answered in-character with a successful roll. Tie it into the narrative. I propose we roll with it, and learn as we go!

So it sounds like Serenity is leading the Investigation, Olivier and Gabe are trying to assist with Investigation (with Gabe critically failing), Constance is trying to assist with Empathy (waiting on storyteller approval), and Victor doing something possibly computer related (based on his last post)?

Also, can we move this over to the OOC Chat thread? I'll post over there as well.
Nov 24, 2020 10:45 pm
Victor would be on computer, I don't know if the roll would be required there for him though as he might know/guess the password already and he will get access to all the information inside or he would have to gain access by other means, which would require a roll (I imagine Intelligence+Computer which for him would be 7 base) and he has some additional bonuses to his Computer skill (+1 die [if dealing with security] and 9-again).

Serenity seems to be the best fit for lead Investigator with the highest amount of dice for Wits+Investigation (6). However, Victor's Wits+Investigation is 5, which is only 1 lower than Serenity's and he already told people to look for clues, so it would also make sense for him to lead the Investigation at the moment.

I will wait on my post until I know what rolls I would need to make.
On what we know, I believe that Eugenia disappeared a few days ago, I imagine that the official investigation is ongoing and all of us are being kept in the dark about it and we might be suspecting that other higher ups of the company are doing something shady. Case in point is the assistant who was fired and came to us for help.
Nov 24, 2020 11:56 pm
Okay...

So, do I roll first or do I wait until everybody's done the supporting roles?
Also, can I use Trained Observer for this? And if not can I roll a regular Perception check (Wits+Composure, also 6) instead?

Edit: nevermind, my dice pool is reliant on the others' successes/failures, so I have to go last. My pool is already reduced to 5, so if you've only got a marginal chance for success, please don't help.
Last edited November 24, 2020 11:59 pm
Nov 25, 2020 7:45 pm
Carabas says:
Edit: nevermind, my dice pool is reliant on the others' successes/failures, so I have to go last. My pool is already reduced to 5, so if you've only got a marginal chance for success, please don't help.
Sorry about that. The digital dice gods have been against me for some time now. I lost a long-term D&D character the other day to a series of criticals, all working against me.
Nov 30, 2020 11:06 pm
So... anybody know what happened?
Nov 30, 2020 11:33 pm
I think a lot of us are probably waiting on the others. We need to know if Empathy will work before that roll is made. We need to know if Computers will work before that roll. We need those rolls before your roll.

@WarDomo, what say you?
Dec 15, 2020 4:25 pm
I hate to ask it, but did this game just fizzle out?
Dec 15, 2020 7:03 pm
Less fizzle out and more got abandonded by the GM, from the looks of it. You asked him a question two weeks ago.
Dec 17, 2020 11:59 pm
A shame. But yeah I've been having to cut a couple of games as life happens, and this unfortunately may have to be one
Dec 26, 2020 2:26 am
The zzz have appeared so unfortunately I will bow. See y'all around.
Jan 4, 2021 7:31 pm
Stepping out of this game. Hope Wardomo is doing well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.