(yet another) Feature request

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 8, 2016 10:01 am
I'd love to have a "nudge" button. I know, I can send a PM, but it'd be nice ot have something that shows other players in a game that a particular player has been "nudged".

Similarly something like a status that you could set for your player or character like "away" or "CIRL" (crap in real life) or something. I know, we have an absence thread, but still it would be neat.
Last edited April 8, 2016 10:02 am
Apr 8, 2016 12:29 pm
When you say show other players in a game that a player has been nudged, do you mean show in a post or something? I don't quite follow what you have in mind. If it's private, couldn't you put it into a post?

As for a status, that's a neat idea that I'll think about. I already have an inactive flag, so I have to consider how someone would set the flag, what it'd look like, and if people would use it in general.
Apr 8, 2016 12:57 pm
Out of curiosity, does Gamers Plane have public repos to which one could contribute? I don't do a ton of open source projects (and it doesn't seem like GP is one since I don't see any indication of it around) but I'd love to submit a pull request to help with stuff around the site if it were possible.
Apr 8, 2016 1:08 pm
I don't have a public repo, but if you're interested in taking a look, I can give access to the code (it's on Bitbucket). I wouldn't call it open source, but it's not a closely guarded secret. The stack is really weird though, heh, and will only get stranger from here.
Apr 11, 2016 5:17 am
Sorry, lost this thread for a while. The idea of a nudge button saves the gamemaster from having to hem and haw about creatively reminding a player that they ought to take their turn or ask if they are still interested in playing. Plus if the other players in game know that you've nudged them, I dunno, seems like it would be good. Plus if you get nudged because you've forgotten to post in a game or you missed a thread it could pop up when you log in.

I've seen the feature on other asym games on my ios device.
Apr 11, 2016 1:06 pm
There's been other discussion of a mention system, essentially something like @Volimance would give you another method of sorting threads, specifically those where you were mentioned. Is that along the same lines you're thinking? Or would nudge work differently?
Apr 11, 2016 6:02 pm
While yes, I would love that @system and whole heartedly support it, that's not quite what I meant. That being said, it would do the job very well. So if you are going to do the @system then nudge would be redundant.
Apr 11, 2016 6:10 pm
I wanna make sure I understand the nudge idea you had so when I build a new feature, be it nudge or ping, it addresses any issues you might like to see addressed. Don't hesitate to bring up something you might see missing.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.