Rules & Announcements

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 9, 2020 1:20 pm
GENERAL GAME RULES
• Third party content is allowed, but do run it by me. Anything I allow for the players will also be used in encounters.

• Do unto others. Be kind, respectful, and as transparent as possible with each other.

• Certain setting-specific things may be restricted. This setting is medieval fantasy.

• Custom races are allowed when run by me, but custom (player-made) classes are not allowed.

• Fun is utmost priority here. If anything including something I'm doing starts to encroach on that, let me know. I'll do everything I can to keep the peace. This is a game, so let's enjoy it. (It is also a story, and it may hurt or make you cry, but so do movies. As long as you enjoy an emotional rollercoaster, we can keep going.)

As an aside, this game is LGBT friendly and such characters show up occasionally. Intolerance on such a basis, as well as over things like gender, race, and religion is not tolerated.

Rules are subject to change as I learn the site, but will be enforced fairly.

CONTENT TO EXPECT
• Mythic adventures. This will not be right from the start, but do expect it.

• Character Quests. I will be doing my best to help you and others explore your character by designing a personalized quest to advance their development. It can relate to their backstory, goals, or class lore. You can opt out of these if you wish but I will be sure to discuss them as much as I can with you.

• Level 20. This game may be long but it has layers that I hope you enjoy discovering. It should be noted that I am a full time employee and student, so while I am passionate about this, it may take some time to finish. Posting requirements are not strict as long as availability is communicated.

CONTENT TO BE WARNED OF
Content warning in Pathfinder? Absolutely. This is an incredibly dark and religious game. I tend not to censor descriptions or act mercifully towards npcs. If there is specific content you'd rather not see, inform me so that I can mark it under spoilers. Creating a list of content warnings would be nonexhaustive and I run the risk of stepping on toes if I miss something or add something. However, if you can't handle descriptions of usual content like death, decay, blood and gore, this game's narrative isn't for you.

GETTING STARTED
You may notice there's 10 whole player slots. This is because you will start in 4 separate parties, 2 of which will feature GMPCs. 1 party begins in each nation and will meet up during the course of the game, where you can swap players. Pivotal moments will feature all PCs, but there are few. Parties will grow or shrink during the course of the game, but you will start with 4 separated parties.

• Characters will start at level 3.
• Ability scores are rolled, 7 sets of 4d6. Drop any score you like once subtracting the lowest number from each set.
• You may pick 1 trait. If you pick 1 trait and 1 drawback trait, you may pick 1 additional trait. (Max of 2 traits + 1 drawback trait.) Restricted traits can be run by me (if they require a setting specific god for example, I may find one that fits so you can still take it.)
ASHDRA (full)
Scarecrow - Slayer
Brother Hendrik - Cleric
Ori - Sorcerer

CERULEA (full)
Hunter - Wizard (Bonded Wizard)
Lyra - Bard
Alon Aldalómë - Magus (Eldritch Scion)

HYDRULUS (full)
Emlyn Brim - Magus (Jistkan Magus)
Zephyr - Unchained Rogue
Gyldraine the Fortunate - Cleric

THERRIS (full)
Jewel - Witch (Cartomancer & Seducer)
Shay Lorcan - Ranger
Morgrim Vermurthen - Barbarian/Hunter

If you'd like to reserve a spot in a party, just let me know, you don't need a finished character to reserve their spot.
As a final note, we do have a Discord, so feel free to join it for the fastest updates about everything. All official announcements and updates will be posted both in the forum and on the discord.
Nov 12, 2020 12:04 am
Threads in Hydrulus and Ashdra are now open for action from those in the specific parties. If you are missing permissions to post in your party, do let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

We'll start pretty open-ended, I'd like to give the party a chance to meet up. Don't be afraid of how long your post is, as long as you have a goal in mind when making the post, it will do just fine. If there are any questions, do feel free to ask me via PM, the general chat for your party, or use the OOC tag.

As a reminder, I'm completely new to this site and this is my first game here, so don't be afraid to point out if you think I can improve anywhere or if you have critiques. I want us all to have fun and I'll do my best to achieve that.
Nov 18, 2020 2:04 am
All parties are now open for action. While I double checked permissions, do notify me if you find you can't post in your party.

These quests are simple-- they are designed to help you get to know your party and explore your characters' interactions and dynamic together. Don't worry too much about character depth at the moment, just get to know the people you're playing with. I'll do my best to point towards objectives and play appropriate characters and describe new scenes, but I will mostly be taking a back seat for this first quest (with the exception being my two characters, that is, but don't expect them to drag you along.)

I'll state again that I'm learning the website. I am open to criticism, critiques, suggestions, feedback, anything you have to say about my methods. We're all experimenting here, so let's learn our dynamics and learn to work together.

On a final note, the 3 post per week requirement will start to be enforced starting on Friday, November 20th. I'll start with gentle nudges and reminders, and adjust the requirement if necessary.

I look forward to doing this with all of you.
Nov 22, 2020 1:01 pm
Just a quick update on a decision I've made- the current active thread in each subforum will eventually be renamed "Prologue". This means that on conclusion of the first quest we will be moving to the actual chapter 1. To avoid confusion I will temporarily include both names.

To add, "Chapters" will not usually involve one quest, instead I intend to split them up into major parts of the story, so significant quest completions will transition to a new chapter. For this first introductory quest only, we will call it the prologue and end it upon its completion. (The thread will stay unlocked for post-quest party interaction, of course.)
Nov 29, 2020 1:44 pm
The Hero Point system has so far faced no rejections whatsoever with over half the players voting. Hero Point system is taking effect immediately with all characters having 1 available. (Though they are granted on level advancements, we started at level 3, so it is not technically an advancement... this also allows me to begin awarding them without you being forced to spend any.) The maximum you can have is 3 and will be awarded by me when appropriate.

If you aren't familiar with Hero Points, you can check out their use on this page.

Thread locked