[Interest Check] Supernatural, The RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 1, 2020 4:14 am
https://i.postimg.cc/mkm4YKmj/34370f43953f2f1ff4353afad196f3fa.png

Supernatural is a long-running tv series that first aired in 2005. For those who haven't seen it, the series follows two American brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, who were raised by their father to hunt supernatural creatures. They battle everything from ghosts, vampires, and werewolves to demons, pagan gods, and other monsters. Although the show has a very "monster of the week" storytelling format, later seasons explore story arcs that delve heavily into Christian mythology and eschatology.

After fifteen seasons and 327 episodes, Supernatural very recently had its finale. In honor of the tv series coming to an end, I want to run a game set in the Supernatural universe. The players will be a group of hunters that travel around the U.S. battling dangerous supernatural beings that prey on humanity. In regard to the show's timeline, the game could be set during any of the seasons. I haven't quite decided on the exact time period, and I'm open to opinions and suggestions. Most likely the game will occur concurrently with the events of the show, with the exploits of the Winchesters happening in the backdrop of the story. Another option is that the game is set following the conclusion of the series. Either way, expect this game to have spoilers about the show and its plot. If you haven't seen the show and plan to watch it at some point, you might want to avoid this game.

The Supernatural Role Playing Game was released by Margaret Weis Productions in 2009. It uses the first iteration of the Cortex system (Cortex Classic). I'm hoping to gather about four to five players for this game. Basic familiarity with the Cortex system and the Supernatural tv series aren't necessary but would definitely be helpful. Over the course of its fifteen season run, the show has developed a very rich and expansive mythology. I recommend the Supernatural Wiki if you want to read more about the setting.
Last edited December 4, 2020 6:02 am
Dec 1, 2020 4:19 am
I am familiar with the show, but not the system. I would prefer. Very early, pre Chuck, or post show.
Dec 1, 2020 8:03 am
I am a longtime fan of the show, with a very brief experience of Cortex. I'd be very interested in this game!
Dec 1, 2020 8:06 am
That sounds really cool! I really like the show and have fiddled with Cortex, but never got to actually play it, so this sounds doubly exciting!
Dec 1, 2020 8:34 am
Supernatural I have seen almost every show and will eventually see them all -- Cortex dabbled with -- sounds good though
Dec 1, 2020 3:03 pm
Interested.
I have played games using early Cortex and have a copy of Supernatural. Watched the earlier seasons of the show religiously, but stopped after the monster of the week became more of the overarching megaplots

I prefer more the format of the earlier episodes.
Dec 1, 2020 7:29 pm
I'm definitely interested, I've been a long term fan of the series. I've also played in the early Cortex system.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.