A lucky 7 years of Gamers' Plane!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 4, 2020 1:24 am
First, I hope you and yours are all safe and healthy during this pandemic, and for those unfortunately not, I wish you the best.

A few days late, but as of Tuesday, December 1st, Gamers' Plane hit it's 7 year anniversary! I'd like to thank all of you, from those who've been here since the start to those joined us earlier today, for being part of this success. I'm am sorry the development of the site hasn't really gone anywhere in the last year.

As I'm not sure what else to say, let's take a look at the last year of stats:
- 2,007 new players joined us
- We made 217,332 posts across 5,126 threads
- You started 723 games
- You created 4,184 characters

Not sure what other numbers you may be interested in.

Thanks again for everything you've all done to make this site the success it's been, and here's to many more.
Dec 4, 2020 1:52 am
Wow, those numbers are staggering...congrats, Keleth!
Dec 4, 2020 1:52 am
Thanks for making an amazing site. Happy anniversary!
Dec 4, 2020 1:55 am
Ditto! Thank you, Keleth! And thanks to everyone who makes this site fun both as a player and a DM!

Len

Dec 4, 2020 3:04 am
I am very grateful for everyone on this site for making such a vibrant and fun community to play games in, and Keleth most of all!
Dec 4, 2020 3:32 am
Thank you for a great, safe, place to play.
Dec 4, 2020 3:55 am
Heartfelt thanks to the entire dev team for this safe haven! Happy Anniversary, everyone!
Dec 4, 2020 7:22 am
Not to be the fly in the ointment, but I wonder how many of those 2007 new players are actually old players making multiple new accounts because they ghosted games they were either playing or running for other players and didn't want to use the same account afterwards.

Because I've been here for a bit over five years and this last year seemed, at least to me, to have around the usual number of players ghosting, but a TON of GMs ghosting their own games.

Especially Savage Worlds games. I think I joined fourbor five Savage Worlds games, and every single one was ghosted by the GM. A bunch of us players began discussing how SW seemed to be cursed here. And every time a GM ghosted their own players it seemed like a week later a new GM with a remarkably similar username as someone who ghosted previously was offering to run a game of something or other, or applying to play something.

In five years of gaming, I think some of us recognize other user accounts, but I'm just convinced there's a culture of ghosting in this site, followed by making new accounts and returning.
Dec 4, 2020 7:40 am
Congratulations Keleth! It's a testament to how much is right that no new development has been needed for a year.
On ghosting: I think that's a specific SW problem you're seeing, but I understand why you're sore about it.

Of the 11 distinct players in the three 5e games I DM, 7 of them joined in the last year. I think that's pretty healthy.
Dec 4, 2020 10:56 am
Amazing stuff. Only joined the party for the last year or so, but I LOVE this platform and its community. Thanks for making this available, and thanks to all players and GMs for keeping the site so much fun!
Dec 4, 2020 11:02 am
Hooray! Thanks Keleth for making this amazing site! And for the players for adding even more awesomeness! :D
Dec 4, 2020 12:28 pm
Happy Birthday, Gamersplane 🎂🎲
Dec 5, 2020 5:28 am
7 years well spent, in my opinion.
Dec 5, 2020 11:40 am
HaPpY BiRthDaY Gamer's plane! The best PBP site by far!
Dec 5, 2020 11:47 am
Happy birthday Keleth and GP!

And for everyone that loves GamersPlane, don't be afraid to shove a buck or two Keleth's way using the Support Us button below or use the referral links for those birthday pressies!
Dec 5, 2020 6:02 pm
Happy birthday GP. Gotta say, I really do love this site and community
Dec 13, 2020 10:17 pm
I've felt as I got older, pandemic aside, that the realities of life would eventually take D&D away from me. But thanks to Gamers Plane, I'm enjoying an RPG renaissance. I'm excited about the next seven years with you.
Dec 14, 2020 2:09 am
Awesome! Happy Bday to this cool site. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.