Pathfinder + Savage Worlds = Whaaaa?!

Dec 10, 2020 2:12 pm
Hey there,

Curious on the community's thoughts on Pinnacle and Paizo teaming up to bring Pathfinder 1e Adventure Paths to Savage Worlds? I'm definitely interested, and am curious how this will play out, no pun intended. Fantasy has never been SW's strong suit, or so I hear, though my 50 Fathoms campaign has worked pretty well so far.

Also, for those who've played rise of the runelords, is it a pretty good AP (no spoilers please!)?

Thanks!
Dec 10, 2020 2:27 pm
Only ever played through maybe 40% and Runelords is great fun from what I've played. I generally like PF's APs overall, but I kind of got sick of heavy crunch games. Not a fan of SW either though so not interested personally.
Dec 10, 2020 3:08 pm
As a lover of both Pathfinder 1e and Savage Worlds, I was glad to see this mixing. Paizo is an amazing publisher of APs, and created Pathfinder as really their set of homebrew rules for D&D 3.5 in order to sell more adventures.

Savage Worlds I like more and more with each game I play and run. It is simple but has gonzo crunch. Very tasty.

What I haven't decided is if the union makes sense for me. Would I rather play them in SWADE? Hmmm, I suppose I would like to try it.

I was running The Mummy's Mask AP IRL prior to Covid. I'm soloing the Shattered Star AP using Scarlet Heroes. They can be very dungeon heavy which is more difficult in PBP which has become my main source of gaming.
Dec 10, 2020 4:33 pm
Oh wow. I had a friend mention this to me. I've never played Pathfinder, but I've read over the book a few times. Nice art. :)

Savage Worlds is really fun. Especially the newest rules set in my opinion. This could be interesting!
Dec 10, 2020 5:28 pm
I'm curious about the tie-in. I like both systems, and am interested to see how this partnership evolves. Golarion would work in Savage Worlds, but I wonder, if the initial foray into Paizo/Pinnacle hook-up is a success would we see more stuff? If yes, what? A mutually created game frpg, in the a similar vein as Rifts? I admit, I'd be up for that. A Savage Pathfinder could be pretty cool, and is what entices me most about the collaboration.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.