RECRUITING- Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 11, 2020 8:59 pm
I've been here a while now, and figured out what does and doesn't work for me. And I like PbP and I'm in for the long haul.

I feel like I've lived on the Sword Coast since I was a kid.

I don't have coding skills, and I don't post maps, diagrams, or photos. I'm a 'theatre of the mind' guy. And I'll always favour story over stats.
So...... I would like to play through all the Forgotten Realms modules in chronological order. Starting with Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

I'm looking for 6 characters using the PHB ONLY

This is along one, leading into the Curse of Tiamat. So I need players who plan to stick around. I tend to post multiple times a day. But I'll neverjudge anyone for missing 24 hours. Or, anyone letting us know they won't be able to post. Just don't ghost us........

Anyone want to live through the 5e Sword Coast with me?
Dec 11, 2020 9:08 pm
I’ve DMed for Skallagrimm in three different games. He’s reliable, funny and has great characters. I’m at my game limit otherwise I’d be up for it.
Dec 11, 2020 9:26 pm
I will toss my hat in the ring --- I have been looking for a long haul game -- and I have GM'd using the Sword Coast back drop directly and indirectly many times over the years. My question is at what time period would be starting in. I have not run any of those adventures (as I always run my own) so have no idea of their time frame.
Dec 11, 2020 9:27 pm
I’d be down! Especially if you post frequently, if I have a reason to keep checking GP it’ll also help me keep up with my other games :D. I’ve played quite a bit of 5e, so I’d love to try something new for this: Paladin or Eldritch knight, maybe. I’ve also never played any official modules or settings, as my DMs do all homebrew, so it’d be cool to play an adventure others have also played
Dec 11, 2020 10:35 pm
I am interested. Probably a cleric. If we have a cleric and are short of fighters, I am ok with that as well.
Dec 11, 2020 11:21 pm
I’d be interested for sure.
Dec 11, 2020 11:36 pm
I'd love to it sounds amazing. However my life is too full right now. Maybe if you need a hop-in a few months from now. Good gaming you everybody!
Dec 12, 2020 12:33 am
I should be able to do this. I can generally manage 1-2 posts per day. Also, if interested, I have everything on dndbeyond if you'd like to use it.
Dec 12, 2020 3:36 am
I’d be up for this, or any of the future modules you run!
Dec 12, 2020 3:43 am
I'm a bit more freed up now and am interested, if you have room. Thanks!
Dec 12, 2020 4:52 am
Wonders if they should ask to join I'd definitely be interested in playing. I've got a plethora of ideas to choose from that are likely to collect dust otherwise.
I can post just about every day, but I should really say night cuz that's when I'm active and at work. Depending on if I'm busy during those 12 hours, I'll maybe be able to work in at least one post when I get the chance. I've got characters to flesh out, the want to do a long haul, and, depending on my job for the week, plenty of time.
Dec 12, 2020 7:16 am
If there is still a need for players, I would like join.
Dec 12, 2020 3:38 pm
Adam says:
I’ve DMed for Skallagrimm in three different games. He’s reliable, funny and has great characters. I’m at my game limit otherwise I’d be up for it.
now I'm blushing...
Dec 12, 2020 4:14 pm
Ah I can see invitations were sent out and it appears to have been a selection versus in order picking of the players. Well have fun you all.
Dec 12, 2020 4:59 pm
Guess I wasn't invited :( :D Thank you!
Last edited December 12, 2020 7:33 pm
Dec 12, 2020 5:06 pm
Me too (pensive emoji). Keep me in reserve lol. Have fun y’all!
Dec 12, 2020 5:07 pm
Hmm maybe the GM does not know that folks are not alerted if they were invited -- here is the invite list

Invited
szemely
KirinOfDarkness
LegionChimera7
Machiabelly
Nikcollini
SchadDad

And HERE is where you go to accept that invite
Last edited December 12, 2020 5:07 pm
Dec 12, 2020 5:27 pm
I've not been about for a bit, but if you have openings, I would be interested.
Dec 15, 2020 3:11 pm
If you have space, you know I’d love to play
Dec 15, 2020 3:13 pm
However I just saw your full. I’m in a game where Skallagrim is DM, and it’s an awesome game. You are all in for some good fun
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.