Ideas?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 14, 2020 3:20 pm
Hi everyone,
Is anyone just seeking a game to get into with a GamersPlane newb like me? :)

I've looked over the site and I think I'm ready to put something together and run a fun game.

I'm leaning towards using either a tweaked version of the free FU: Freeform RPG, BESM, 4th Edition, or Savage Worlds Adventure Edition as a core rule set.

Finally - - is there a genre or type of game you're interested in playing that you're not currently involved with?

Thanks for your input and time!
Dec 14, 2020 3:58 pm
Most of what I want to play are older, largely out-of-print games like Alternity (the original), AD&D, D&D 2E, Top Secret, 7th Sea, Legend of the Five Rings, etc. Though I could be perSWADEd (get it?) to play Savage Worlds, if the genre were right. I'd prefer World War I or II (or Weird War I or II, if you desire), but a pulp game might garner my interest as well. I've had enough Deadlands for a while. Straight up fantasy in an original setting might be tolerable.
Dec 14, 2020 4:26 pm
Unbiased.apologist, I'd say your best bet is to make a game concept you'd be excited to run, then post an interest check for it. If you look over the past interested checks in the Games Tavern, you'll see that an interesting concept usually gets more than enough responses to fill up a game roster.
Dec 14, 2020 4:28 pm
Moonbeam says:
Unbiased.apologist, I'd say your best bet is to make a game concept you'd be excited to run, then post an interest check for it. If you look over the past interested checks in the Games Tavern, you'll see that an interesting concept usually gets more than enough responses to fill up a game roster.
Oh nice! Thanks.
Dec 14, 2020 5:05 pm
I’d be interested in a near future exploration of existential dread, alienation, and loneliness explored through the lives of PCs playing high school classmates who also happen to be child soldiers who are the only people that can pilot the mecha capable of stopping exterestial beings from ending the human race. Ideally, it would also include a lot of Christian symbology for no other reason than it looks and sounds cool.

If you can figure out how to do that in SWADE, then salutations to you. If not, I’d second Moonbeam’s advice.
Dec 14, 2020 5:44 pm
Moonbeam says:
Truth. If the GM isn't into the game, no one else will be. It has to be something that excites you as well as the players. As Moonbeam noted, there is no shortage of players on Gamers Plane. Advertise what you want and chances are good that someone will answer.
Last edited December 14, 2020 5:45 pm
Dec 14, 2020 7:22 pm
LOL. Thanks folks. :) I'll try to come up with something.

Maybe Care Bears vs. SkyNet in an apocalyptic Wild West.
Dec 14, 2020 7:31 pm
unbiased.apologist says:
Maybe Care Bears vs. SkyNet in an apocalyptic Wild West.
Okay now I'm interested.

https://www.tvovermind.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/post1-1-640x427.jpg
Dec 14, 2020 7:43 pm
Huh. Somehow, because you mentioned Care Bears, in my head your interest check post got mashed up with aquafina's Honey Heist interest check. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You do not have permission to post in this thread.