Interest Check - The After: Shadow of the Phoenix

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 15, 2020 2:00 am
Game System: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
Setting: The After
Proposed Length: A short Campaign of at least 3 Acts, perhaps more if interest remains.
Links: Link to the Quickstart Guide if you so desire.
Required Materials: None. All will be supplied within our forum if this takes off.
Required Game System Experience: None
Number of Players: 4 - 6
Character Creation: Custom or you may select a pre-generated character.

https://images-geeknative-com.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/08130718/The_Remnant.jpg?strip=all&lossy=1&w=697&ssl=1

Setting Synopsis
The After is a Savage Worlds roleplaying game setting which takes place in the northwestern reaches of a broken North American continent. You play heroic survivors who have emerged into a planet that has become frightfully different after decades of alien predation and interstellar war.

During our game, you can explore strange alien wreckage, scavenge from the ruins of forgotten cities, hunt incredible prey in the depths of warped jungles, and explore all manner of bizarre landscapes. You and your companions can defend survivor settlements from bandits, tribes of twisted Ferals, and other dangerous creatures. You might discover uncanny alien artifacts left behind from the conflict that destroyed the Old World. Some of these might contain alien Breach energy and deliver incredible but short-lived powers. Others might be bio-mechanical augmentations that can - with great risk - be implanted right into your flesh.

Most importantly, it will be you - or people like you - that will shape the course of humanity's future. Which factions will you join? Which settlements will you protect? Which leaders will you support - or depose? With all the customs, laws, and governments of the Old World ground into dust, it may fall to your character to determine the very shape of the new civilization that rises in The After.

A message from Me (GM)
Hi! Thanks for taking a look at this interest post. This will be my first time trying to run a game here on GamersPlane, but I'm excited to give it a go. Normally I tend to lean towards "free" game systems and those of a generic or universal style. However, I saw that this website has cards and a few other neat mechanisms so I felt like giving Savage Worlds a shot. I'm a laid back Player and GM. I also love to have some helpful criticism to help me improve my craft. I share in that I want us all to have fun! Let me know if you would be interested below OR if you have any questions. Thanks! Let's play. :)
Last edited December 15, 2020 2:03 am
Dec 15, 2020 2:08 am
I find this setting very interesting. I'd join in.
Dec 15, 2020 2:09 am
This sounds pretty cool! I'm interested.
Dec 15, 2020 2:14 am
Never played Savage Worlds but I have the SWADE book. I'm on board if you are ok with a noob.
Dec 15, 2020 2:19 am
Sounds great so far! Thanks @TheVagrant, @Moonbeam, and certainly "noobs" are welcome @griffrpg! Just so long as your not too harsh on me! ;)
Dec 15, 2020 2:32 am
I'd actually be interested in this. I'm running an Alternity Gamma World game right now and I'm in a mood for post-apocalyptic fun. Count me in. I've been playing Savage Worlds for about 10 years and I have SWADE.
Dec 15, 2020 2:41 am
Interested. I own a copy of this game. Looks really good. I'm also familiar with Savage Worlds.
Last edited December 15, 2020 2:44 am
Dec 15, 2020 4:06 am
Great! I'll get a group set-up hopefully by tomorrow. :)
Dec 15, 2020 4:07 am
WhtKnt says:
I'd actually be interested in this. I'm running an Alternity Gamma World game right now and I'm in a mood for post-apocalyptic fun. Count me in. I've been playing Savage Worlds for about 10 years and I have SWADE.
Oh nice! So you've seen the change between editions. I really like it for a universal system. It works really well overall, imo. :)
Dec 15, 2020 5:45 pm
It looks like you have 5 players here and your listing says 4-6 players; if you're up for another noob I'd love to give SWADE a try, given how many people on these forums seem to like it! I like to think I'm a relatively quick learn, if you have the space (and I also understand if you don't want another noob, lol)
Dec 15, 2020 5:57 pm
Noobs are awesome and as long as you get a quality GM (who can be just as new to the ruleset as you) willing to work with you and actually help teach you the ropes no issues should be had at all. Further it seems there are other experienced players within this endeavor so hopefully they will help you as well. My first experience with SWAE was a bit shaky because the GM (who was supposed to be experienced with the game and okay with newbs) was a horrible teacher but I managed to figure out on my own the elements I was missing and ironed that out. Hopefully this group who mostly seem friendly enough will extend that helping hand. Still if you need help understanding those guidelines just drop me a PM as I would be more than happy to help you with ironing out those nuances should they be a bit tricky
Last edited December 16, 2020 12:31 am
Dec 15, 2020 7:56 pm
Hi, if there's room left for one more, I'm interested. I've gm'ed SWADE and really enjoy it.
Dec 15, 2020 8:22 pm
DeJoker says:
Noobs are awesome Cubliable and cute and as long as you get a quality GM (who can be just as new to the ruleset as you) willing to bear with you and actually help teach you the rootiments no issues should be had at all. Further it seems there are other experienced players within this endeavor so hopefully they will help you as well. My first experience with SWAE was a bit grubby because the GM (who was supposed to be experienced with the game and okay with newbs) was a horrible teacher but I managed to figure out on my own the elements I was missing and ironed that out. Hopefully this group who mostly seem friendly enough will extend that helping hand. Still if you need help understanding those guidelines just drop me a PM as I would be more than happy to help you with ironing out those nuances should they be a bit tricky
Thanks!
Dec 15, 2020 8:23 pm
SphericalSphere1 says:
It looks like you have 5 players here and your listing says 4-6 players; if you're up for another noob I'd love to give SWADE a try, given how many people on these forums seem to like it! I like to think I'm a relatively quick learn, if you have the space (and I also understand if you don't want another noob, lol)
Sure, should be able to get you in.
Dec 15, 2020 8:34 pm
FULL - For now I've sent out the maximum invites for this game. @ctme2000 - - If someone drops or what have you I will notify you asap. I hope we get to game together in the future!!
Dec 17, 2020 3:52 pm
As do I @unbiased! Lemme know and good gaming upon ye all!
Dec 17, 2020 4:12 pm
As someone that lived in the PNW. I'll go on the wait list. But I've never used the system

You do not have permission to post in this thread.