OOC

Dec 18, 2020 8:36 pm
Feel free to discuss what's happening in the game/story, share holiday stories related to your game post, or just leave some holiday cheer!

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Dec 18, 2020 8:43 pm
The story behind the Dwarves of the Chocolate Mine and the LOTR references:
My dad, who read Tolkien back in the 60's, used to tell us stories about Elves and Dwarves and Hobbits when we were growing up. We had not yet read the Hobbit or LOTR ourselves, so we did not realize how much he had 'borrowed'. One of his more original additions was a clan of Dwarves who lived up in the hills behind our cottage. They lived in and operated a chocolate mine! I imagined they were an important supplier of chocolate to the North Pole because I loved getting chocolate at Christmas. To honour this, one of the characters in the story will be a Dwarf from the Chocolate Mines!

When the LOTR movies came out, they were released around the holidays, so it became a bit of a family tradition to watch at least one of them (often all of them) during the holiday season.
Dec 19, 2020 2:21 am
Also, when I was a kid, Lego was one of my favorite toys to receive as a gift at Christmas, hence Lego-Lass ;)
Dec 23, 2020 5:08 am
@saevikas -- :) Nice!!! I've been laughing for 5 minutes on that one !! :D
Dec 23, 2020 6:10 am
Esidrix says:
...hem over head...
Haha! Brilliant!

Double brilliant on Indiana Gnome and Toht
Dec 23, 2020 3:52 pm
Thank you, :) Credit for the Gnomes goes to the guys from High School, (at least those are the memories I have) He was one of those things that came up while running around under Waterdeep, all those lives ago.
Dec 23, 2020 7:04 pm
Ha ha, yeah, you both really brought your A-game there! I'm loving it.
Dec 23, 2020 11:28 pm
Hey y’all, sorry for not posting here this week at all. I was looking forward to participating in this, but I got sick with covid and it’s taken all my energy to keep up with the games I was already in.
Dec 23, 2020 11:47 pm
Yikes! Sorry to hear, get better soon! Thanks for letting us know. We're sad not to have your input, but definitely not a problem. One reason I chose this format was because players could drop out without disrupting the game, but I was thinking more for holiday commitment reasons as opposed to sickness! Hope we can play together some other time once you're feeling better. Best wishes!
Dec 24, 2020 12:39 am
Thank you!!
Dec 24, 2020 12:52 am
Hope you get better soon, @aquafina.

Also, @Esidrix, I love the gnomes. Great stuff.
Dec 24, 2020 2:39 am
Get well soon, @aquafina!
Dec 25, 2020 5:13 am
I've locked the main thread. I'll leave this one open for now in case there's any comments or discussion. Thanks everyone who contributed! I'll work on the conclusion and post in the coming days!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Dec 25, 2020 4:39 pm
@Chalrytharendir - Good Luck :D and this has been supper fun.
Jan 5, 2021 7:27 pm
Thanks everyone! This was a lot of fun. Maybe we can do it again next year and maybe I can start it a little earlier so we can get a few more interested players involved before things get too busy before the holidays.

Cheers,
Chal
Jan 5, 2021 7:34 pm
This was great, hope we can get more people if we do it next year.
Jan 5, 2021 10:46 pm
Nice wrap up :)

Thanks again for the opportunity to have some fun.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.