Games Tavern Post

Dec 19, 2020 1:34 am
T'was the Week Before Christmas ...

... and in the North Pole,
Santa's Village was quiet,
snow falling and cold.

The sleeping village was not prepared for what was about to happen ...

For those who don't know, the North Pole isn't just a geographical location on Earth, it's also another universe (or at least part of another universe), named so by some because one entrance into the universe is by a portal that happens to be located at Earth's north pole. The North Pole is but one of many names that has been used for this place over the course of history, but they all refer to the same place: for now let's call it the Fae Realm, a universe (or multiverse?) with all the lands and worlds of fairy tales, myths and legends ...

After the clouds cleared, the night sky sparkled magically over the freshly snow-covered Village as the inhabitants slept, happily exhausted in the midst of the build-up to Christmas.

Suddenly without warning, the peaceful night was interrupted by an EXPLOSION! Flames and smoke began to rise from Santa's Workshop as alarms and sirens woke the town in a panic. Santa's emergency fire crew managed to put out the fire impressively quickly allowing Santa and his highest ranking council members to enter and inspect the damage.

Presents and packages were in pieces and scattered everywhere. A massive hole had been blasted through one of the outer walls with tracks leading out of town, off into the Wilds of the Fae Realm. Worst of all, Santa's secret vault had been cracked open, the contents ... gone.

Santa turns to his chief elf and said, "Send out word for brave volunteers. We need a team of heroes who can save Christmas and in doing so, the entire multiverse!"

-----

I'd like to invite everyone to a special-one-week-only, rules-lite, GM-less, community-driven, inclusive/non-denominational, holiday/gaming trope mash-up, story game!

Phew, that's an ambitious mouthful!

The idea is to bring together anyone in the community who would like to contribute to one big game. Although 'Christmas' is in the title, my intention is for this to be a fully inclusive and non-denominational game. Given the GM-less format and the fact we will bring together various holiday themes/elements from around the world and mix them together with various gaming tropes, I expect it will be a zany humorous tongue-in-cheek type of game, but serious and/or emotional posts are welcome as well if you think that is how you can best contribute. If you encounter a post that doesn't match your idea of the holidays, please be kind knowing that everyone's ideas of the holiday season are different. Also, I'd like to ask everyone to keep the theme/tone as family-friendly as possible so everyone can enjoy (I'm sort of imagining "Shrek" as a good example of the setting/theme/tone that I had in mind).
[ +- ] Posting frequency/commitment:
[ +- ] How I envision it will work:
[ +- ] How will we avoid two or more players writing a post at the same time?
[ +- ] An inclusive/non-denominational game:
[ +- ] My Role as the Game Master:
Here's the link to the Game Page.

Here's the link to the Game Forum.

I will lock the game at 9 pm Pacific Standard Time on Dec. 24th and try to write a suitable and satisfying conclusion that ties everything together (yeah, right) to post on Christmas Day or soon after.

If you would like to join, please comment below to express your interest and then apply at the Game Page. This is just so I know you aren't a simple spam bot (sophisticated bots that can negotiate this test are welcome, but only because it's the holidays, HOWEVER they will be removed if they can't politely hold back their true spammy nature).

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Chal

Thread locked