Interest Check: Shadowrun 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 22, 2020 5:53 pm
Hey all, thinking about starting up a game of Shadowrun, Fifth Edition. Been into Shadowrun (and the cyberpunk genre in general) for years, since the Sega Genesis game back in the day. Never really dug the system too much, though, which is of course a common complaint, until Fourth and Fifth. So timeline wise, about 2079, so for those familiar with the metaplot the worst of CFD is past and NeoNET's gone the way of the dodo.

I'm probably going to set the game in Philadelphia (the East Coast doesn't really get much attention IMO). As to whether it's more or less a one shot or goes beyond the initial adventure into a more long-term game, well, I'd be open either way, I think. We'll see where we stand when we get there.

Anyway, I'll hold off on more specifics until we see how interest goes. I probably would be looking for 5-6 characters.

Let's see what happens.
Last edited December 22, 2020 5:54 pm
Dec 22, 2020 6:28 pm
I’ve never played Shadowrun, but I’ve always been interested. I’d give it a shot if you don’t mind a newbie.
Dec 22, 2020 6:50 pm
I'd be interested, also never played Shadowrun.
Dec 22, 2020 7:39 pm
I too am interested. I played a long time ago, back in 1e and 2e days. I know that a lot has changed as they move forward on the timeline with new editions, but I would be happy to join as well.
Dec 22, 2020 8:40 pm
I am interested as well, but I played older editions, so I'm not very familiar with 5th.
Dec 22, 2020 9:17 pm
If we're still taking players, sign me up. :D
Dec 22, 2020 10:23 pm
I tried playing shadowrun 5E once but sadly my RL group prefers other game systems so I'd love to give this a try, even though I'm a noob to the rules. I read a lot about the setting though and naturally my recent Cyberpunk 2077 experience upped my game. :)
Last edited December 22, 2020 10:25 pm
Dec 23, 2020 2:12 am
Hell, I'd be interested too. Don't know 5e Shadowrun real well, but would be good to learn it better.
Dec 23, 2020 2:25 am
I’m definitely intrested. I have always wanted to play shadowrun it’s just been hard to find a group.
Dec 23, 2020 12:48 pm
I'm definitely interested too, always wanted to play Shadowrun, if you're cool with a newb to the system.
Last edited December 23, 2020 12:49 pm
Dec 23, 2020 3:34 pm
I haven't played SR in some time. But I think I would be down if there's room.
Dec 23, 2020 6:12 pm
OK, definitely enough interest. I'll try to get a page up and invites sent out in a few days, then.
Dec 25, 2020 6:25 am
OK, have a game set up and a couple invites sent out. If you didn't get an invite, don't sweat it, you know how games go a lot of the time...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.