Recruiting: Barbarians Of The Ruined Earth

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 24, 2020 7:05 am
I was given a lovely gift certificate to RPGNow, and purchased this game the second I laid eyes on the cover art and blurb.

"Barbarians of the Ruined Earth is a weird post-apocalyptic fantasy setting inspired by Thundarr the Barbarian. Throw in a healthy heap of Mad Max: Fury Road and a little Pirates of Dark Water and you’ve got yourself a Saturday Morning Cartoon Stew fueled by heavy metal!

The players take on the role of heroes (or maybe some feisty brigands or profiteers), wandering the Ruined Earth defeating evil Sorcerers, beating the crap out of mutated frog-men, bashing some raider skulls, or wandering through the stinking ruins of an Ancient Earth space shuttle hanger looking for bits of Stupendous Science!"
[ +- ] Cover
Looking for 6 total players, one has been invited at the creation of the game.

There will be a thin campaign arc, but otherwise, the game is wide open.
Last edited December 24, 2020 7:06 am
Dec 24, 2020 8:12 am
Sounds interesting. Sign me up.

I may be intermittent for the next couple days; only on mobile until late Sunday evening. (Dec, 27)
Dec 24, 2020 9:31 am
Dang that is gorgeous! If I didn't already have a full plate I'd be all ove this! Have fun!
Dec 24, 2020 9:32 am
I just re-watched the cartoon intro after all these years. I'd forgotten the cataclysm was supposed to happen in 1994!
Dec 24, 2020 11:22 am
Sign me up. I like to give it a try.
Dec 25, 2020 1:06 pm
I LOVED Thundar as a kid. I found a UCLA t-shirt at a thrift store and begged my mom to buy it for me. She didn't understand why I cared about some american university, and I explained in that way an eight year old can be condescending "it says Ookla.....you know, the Mok?"

I wore that shirt for years, convinced it was an Ookla the Mok shirt
Last edited December 25, 2020 1:09 pm
Dec 25, 2020 1:24 pm
I am interested. I am thinking of playing as a sort of wizard/psyker that serves Tzeentch(chaos god from Warhammer 40k), but only as a means to an end to save humanity in his own way.

Or another idea. I'll play as a mutant that is half man half beast that is acting like some druid of monster nature.

Haven't seen the rules yet, so I'm just spit balling.
Last edited December 25, 2020 1:25 pm
Dec 25, 2020 4:19 pm
If you have another spot, I'd like to join?
Dec 26, 2020 12:25 am
We have six now: thetasonic, Silverlion, Equinox, GeneCortess, RoAires, and RageRed.

Skallgrimm, did you want a slot or were you just commenting? I can accommodate 7 in game this simple to run with the two who have not posted here being well known quantities in my games.

With that, closing recruitment. :)
Dec 26, 2020 6:56 pm
That's very considerate of you.

I love Thundar, but my plate is full at the moment.
Dec 29, 2020 11:17 pm
Can I be some sort of mutant cowboy who rides weird animals?

Edit. Sorry, just noticed recruitment closed. keep me in mind if someone drops
Last edited December 30, 2020 1:46 am
Feb 4, 2021 7:03 am
What just happened to our game?
Feb 4, 2021 7:27 am
I never get to play Eberron. :( ... Below is from the GM.

OK, that is the. I am *tired* of half of my players deciding this genre does not apply to them.

Thank you for the game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.