Shadowrun 6e for totally new players and GM

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 24, 2020 9:26 pm
Hi all. I've been inspired to start a game again. I want to do Shadowrun 6e, as its new and I want to learn it better. I'll be honest, my experience with Shadowrun is limited, but where there's a will, there's a way. I am aware of the bugs for this version, but I'll just have to adjudicate those as best I can. I'm not looking for experts in 6e, but rather players, who just want to learn Shadowrun(myself included). There is no sheet available here for 6e, so game will use Custom. Also I am not well-versed in lore, and I might make some elements homebrew. Players would need a physical copy of the book, or a PDF. Ideally I want 4-5 players.

Rest assured I will make mistakes, and maybe players too. That is ok, as this is not a high pressure game, where details are gonna kill you. I only ask for patience and a desire to play. Posting will be 3-4 times per week. If I get enough interest, I will make the game ASAP. Comment below if you are interested and I hope we can have some fun. Core Book only will be used.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/187576015/amVQ7cLMSSPGXnGPEz9WGw/original.jpg?1608845441736
Last edited December 24, 2020 9:45 pm
Dec 24, 2020 9:36 pm
I am interested. I have the 6e book, and I've played bits of several editions, but not 6e yet. I am no expert on lore or timelines, either, so your stated level of knowledge is appealing to me.

I can post multiple times per day, but don't mind a much slower pace either.
Dec 24, 2020 9:39 pm
Qralloq says:
I am interested. I have the 6e book, and I've played bits of several editions, but not 6e yet. I am no expert on lore or timelines, either, so your stated level of knowledge is appealing to me.

I can post multiple times per day, but don't mind a much slower pace either.
Ok awesome man! Let me see if I can get 2 more people interested and I will create the game. Thanks for responding so quickly and I'm glad we're on the same boat.
Dec 24, 2020 10:11 pm
I'm very interested as well. This will be my first time with 6e if you'll have me.
Dec 24, 2020 10:21 pm
And I would be a first-timer as well! Read lots of lore, but only got to play a tiny bit of 5E.
Dec 25, 2020 5:47 am
I see it seems like you're one player short; I'd be willing to give it a go. Not overly familiar with 6e, but pretty familiar with Shadowrun as a whole.
Dec 25, 2020 1:31 pm
I am interested to try Shadowrun as a new player to the system. I did see a few rules before, but it was probably a past edition. I am thinking of playing as a Troll who almost lost his life in service to an abusive master, before finding a way to escape and aims to work for anyone that treats him better than meat fodder.

Edit:
I have started a bit on the 5e sheet, but other info can be added to notes. My Troll was a product of a bio-engineering program, and so he is incredibly tough and strong. He was nicknamed "The Golem" due to his skin appearance.
Last edited December 25, 2020 3:01 pm
Dec 25, 2020 9:32 pm
RoAries says:
I am interested to try Shadowrun as a new player to the system. I did see a few rules before, but it was probably a past edition. I am thinking of playing as a Troll who almost lost his life in service to an abusive master, before finding a way to escape and aims to work for anyone that treats him better than meat fodder.

Edit:
I have started a bit on the 5e sheet, but other info can be added to notes. My Troll was a product of a bio-engineering program, and so he is incredibly tough and strong. He was nicknamed "The Golem" due to his skin appearance.
Are you talking about my game or the 5th edition one that was posted a few days ago? My game is 6th edition and I might have room for you, if you want to play 6e. Let me know thanks.
Dec 26, 2020 4:18 am
I meant that I was just using the 5e sheet on the website, as it does not yet have 6e. I could transfer to custom if you prefer. Anyways, yes, I mean to join yours.
Dec 26, 2020 10:29 pm
Guys, my apologies, I have to cancel. My wife has tested positive for Covid. I have a 2 year old daughter too, so this is serious. It seems the curse has struck me as well. I wish you the best, sorry.
Dec 26, 2020 10:40 pm
Belus312 says:
Guys, my apologies, I have to cancel. My wife has tested positive for Covid. I have a 2 year old daughter too, so this is serious. It seems the curse has struck me as well. I wish you the best, sorry.
You have all of my support. I wish you both the best outcomes and understand that even if it turns out well, there is wicked stress in the meantime.
Dec 27, 2020 9:42 am
Oof, I was wondering about why I suddenly can't find the game. But your situation is clearly no joke. Hope that you and your family recovers smoothly.
Dec 27, 2020 10:56 am
No problem & Best wishes!
Last edited December 27, 2020 10:56 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.