Interest Check: Apocalypse World (surreal horror)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 26, 2020 4:40 am
Inspired by some surreal RPGmakers games, like Off, Middens/Gingivia, Lisa the painful, and Dark Woods(this one not a RPGmaker game). Will involve themes of the surreal supernatural, body horror, and insanity.

I have actually opened a thread for this before, but I think because of the title, not much people are interested or active. So I'm restarting the game again!
Dec 26, 2020 4:49 am
Background Description:

The world have entered a new era. It was sudden and violent. The few survivors and their children are the only ones still living in this accursed reality. No one cares much other than surviving. Food, Water, and Love are scarce, and some have it better than others. It so happens you folks are the luckier ones. But if we're being real, your jobs are only just getting harder... and stranger.
-------
"Ladies and Gentlemen of the new age... This is Elfric Ghostvoice, sharing with you the Classics all the way from Defton City's Radio Station. It has been 26 years since the The bombs fell and the plague spread. Only the Oldies knew of the life that was before the chaos that remade our reality into the wonderful hell it is today. With that said, let's buckle up as we go on a ride in this rollercoaster of nostalgic musics..."
- Voice from the radio.
Dec 26, 2020 5:00 am
"Listen! Do you hear their voices? The gods of bio, psyche, and atom have made their will known! Heaven have opened up to us, can't you see it?! I will finally join the angels in their choir with my friend here! I remembered the day when they arrived like it was yesterday. It made our minds opened, but not fully! I will now open it completely at las-"
- Speech made by mad man before shooting himself with his gun.
Dec 30, 2020 6:37 am
Themes of violence, dark humour, and conflicting views of reality will be involved. Sexuality will not be focused on, unless everyone is fine with exploring it. Survival elements is present, but not too heavy. Gathering resources can be for the sake of building the future.
Jan 8, 2021 11:04 am
I'll be closing recruitment/deciding on what to do by the end of this month January. I will still be open after that, but I hope you know what I mean.

If it turns out I don't have enough players, I may close the game.
Jan 13, 2021 5:15 am
Bumping this again.

Also, if this does not get enough players. I may consider to make another type of game. The new game would be sci-fantasy, where the players are explorers and Diplomats in a cluster galaxy that faces a slow apocalyptic death from outside invaders.

For in the cold darkness of the 80th millennium, there is only hope and doom.
Jan 25, 2021 6:46 am
The game have started! I'm trying to do this with 2 players, but I'll gladly take more. Share with me questions you have regarding the game now.
Feb 1, 2021 3:23 am
This is still open to extra people. I have made for myself an idea of what the environment and the groups are in case the players decide to head off in a direction.
Feb 1, 2021 10:06 am
What kind of mechanics do you use in your games?
Feb 4, 2021 7:01 am
Correct. I can link to you a free PDF of it.
May 26, 2021 6:49 am
The game have stopped, but I may continue if there is enough players.
The players will start at a scrap town that have recently been attacked by a gang of biker raiders. There is equal losses on both sides, and rebuilding defenses is underway. Meanwhile, food storage is believed to last a month, and the aging leader of the settlement have caused whispers of who might inherit leadership. The players are now entrusted to explore outside the rusted walls to find any food. Of course, whatever that happens out there, no-one will have to know...
May 28, 2021 1:21 am
I might be interested, but I have no experience with Apocalpyse World. Is it difficult to pick up?
May 29, 2021 4:02 pm
It's hard to say how hard. I'm also trying to learn it. Character Creation is done by picking a playbook/class, and there will be a list of options to pick. Performing actions will require a roll of 2d6, where normally a 10+ means a success, and a 7-9 means a success with some negatives.

PM me if you need the rules.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.